ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyfranzel View Post
My wedding is 3 months away and now I think I am starting to confuse myself & over think things! blush2.gif

With the new packages (we are going with the Luxury) this does include the dinner for up to 35 people, correct? I don't have to pay additional for food??!!??
Yes, the Luxury package includes food and drink for 35 people. You don't have to pay extra UNLESS you want your reception to last longer than 3 hrs. Only then will you have to pay more.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheung1111 View Post
Hello ladies!

It's been awhile since i've been on here - just catching up on postings.

Tightwhitey and Kriswim - congrats on your wedding!

Tightywhitey, your photos are so amazing! We also booked Elizabeth Medina. She is just awsome!

Also - welcome to all the noobies on the board - the 2010 ladies!

Question - is anyone planning on shipping down items for the wedding? I heard it's not recommended because shipments sometimes get lost - but i'm just trying to figure out how I am going to manage all of the favors and my dress! argh!
Yay for booking Elizabeth! She was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TightyWhitey View Post
Yes, the Luxury package includes food and drink for 35 people. You don't have to pay extra UNLESS you want your reception to last longer than 3 hrs. Only then will you have to pay more.
When did you pick the menu? I am guessing you did it once you got there? What about the cocktail hour (cold hors d'oeurvres) that is included, how was that? Did you have stuff to choose from for that too?

Which package did you get?

Did you get a DJ & the light up dance floor?

I'm getting very excited! Thanks for the help!

Tighty,

Also, did you have guests who were staying at other resorts?

I have 4 (one is a baby) and 2 are in the wedding (staying at the Grand). I am a little concerned with them having issues with the Royal. I have no idea how much they will have to pay (if anything) just to get a day pass to come to our wedding. Will they be able to eat with us at any of the Royal restaurants? Will she be able to get her hair/makeup done at the Spa with me?

Quote:
When did you pick the menu? I am guessing you did it once you got there? What about the cocktail hour (cold hors d'oeurvres) that is included, how was that? Did you have stuff to choose from for that too?

Which package did you get?

Did you get a DJ & the light up dance floor?

I'm getting very excited! Thanks for the help!
We had a menu tasting two/three days before our wedding; all the choices were amazing. We chose then. My brother took photos of the food options. If you like, I can post them. Let me know.

As for the cocktail hour, we had many options as well. We went with 3 hot hors d'oeuvres and one cold option. I didn't get to try it but I was told they were AMAZING. I think the most popular was the coconut shrimp and sesame seed chicken skewer.

We went with the Luxury package and went with Ivan at Doremixx for our DJ. He was awesome (and provided the lit up dance floor).

Hope this helps!

Tracy, the people who are coming from The Gran do not have to pay for a day pass for the wedding, however from what I understand they are not allowed in the rooms when you are getting ready, especially children. Apparently people have complained about children in the rooms at The Royal. As for having dinner any other time than the reception, no they cannot do this at The Royal, however, if you're staying at The Royal, you can go to all of the restaurants and use the facilities of The Gran all you would like. If you have adults who would like to come to The Royal for dinner or to use the pool, they can purchase a day pass.

Quote:
Tighty,

I would love pics if you can post, email them to me.

I also want to book Doremixx. Did you book him through the resort or did you contact him yourself? I am trying to figure out which way will be cheaper.
Ok, I'll post some photos.

I initially got a quote from the resort for Doremixx but when I contacted the DJ directly, I learned it was cheaper to book through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny726 View Post
Okay I am sooo frustrated!

I have been on the phone all day with people from the Real resorts. I guess my TA overlooked one miror detail. Here goes...

We WERE having the weddding at the gazeebo at the Royal and then I was having to do the semi-p recetion at the Gran (so kids could come)...that was okay. However, my travel agent didn't think about my daughter, mom, aunt, and bridesmaid (who is doing my hair and make-up) coming over to my room before the ceremoney to get ready. The thing is that kids are not allowed in the rooms AT ALL, and ONLY guests staying in the Gran Suits (the top two room categories $$) are allowed to be at the Royal outside of the ceremoney time slot. Long story short...I either have to take all my things and go to the Gran to get ready then come back for the ceremoney at the Royal then go back to the Gran for the reception ( alot of walking..lol) OR change my wedding and my hotel to the Gran then move all my things over to the Royal after the wedding for the honeymoon. I know it is not the end of the world, but there are other things that have had to change as well...like wedding time and the room ameneties. I am just frustrated and needed to vent.

Sad,
Cyndi
WHy don't you stay at Gran until the wedding day? I'm sure the check out is like 12pm or so. You guys could get ready then you can go check in at The Royal. This is what I was told if I wanted to use The Royal for my wedding if I was staying at Gran before the wedding day.