ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Shannon,

I just got back from my site visit trip last night. It turned out to be an interesting trip and not what I had expected. I met with Zulma (the WC at the Royal) on Saturday. She is very sweet. She showed us the different locations for wedding ceremony and reception. She also showed us a room. I stayed at the Royal last year with my fiance and absolutely loved it and that is where I thought we would end up getting married. But, now, looking at it with a different eye, I realized that I'm looking for something different for my wedding. We are probably having a large group (50 -100 people) and I wanted something a bit more private. So, mainly for that reason, I have decided on the El Dorado (despite all the issues you may have read about). The feeling I got there was different (more private) than what I felt my wedding would be like at the Royal. But, honestly, I think the Royal is a great place and would still recommend it to anyone! I think it just depends on what you're looking for....If you have any specific questions, though, I may be able to help!

FYI, If you're working with Zulma I'm sure you will really like her. The one thing, I appreciated was that she will basically do anything you want! For example, if you want a certain type of cake or flower or whatever...she said she will most likely get it for you. I liked that a lot! Anyway, good luck planning your wedding and let me know if you have any questions about the Royal. Rhonda

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie, obviously, and have just finished reading all 13 pages of Royal PDC posts!! I tell you, it gets me just so darn excited.

My fiance and I are hoping to fly ourselves and 18 guests to the Royal next May 2009 (along with a few of you out there by the sounds of it) and although we have received package details and rates for the hotel and airfare, we have yet to have any responses from the hotel (Patty first, then the real email direct, and now Zulma) wedding coordinators/staff at all.

I've gone through the Royal's website, and looked at the four existing packages online, and am wondering...have any of you that are planning your wedding here chosen a PACKAGE, or did you (with the help of your planner/coordinator) customize something specific to your group? At first I was sort of under the impression I was tied to the $5500 package because there would 20 of us attending? If this is not the case, and I can customize something just to suit our desires...then...PLEASE, let me know!! cheesy.gif

Becky, if you're still out there...I'll PM you to further introduce myself and steal ideas shamelessly from you, as it sounds like your day was just...heaven. cheesy.gif

Steph/Shannon/Rhonda...I may be seeing you next year! Until then...let's keep the planning dialogue going!!

Thanks everyone!

Hey Shannon. My name is Sarah and my fiance is Kevin. We are getting married at The Royal on August 14, 2008. We initially started our contact with Paty. We contacted her by phone the first time and then went to email. That seemed to work well. Paty would usually take about a day and a half to get back to us but we are having issues getting a hold of Zulma. We just want to make sure and confirm that our wedding is still scheduled (I don't know if information was passed on in an orderly fashion or not). Hopefully we are still scheduled and there will be no problems. It has been a week now since we sent our last email to Zulma. Soon, we will call again. We decided to go with an outside photographer because we are big picture people. We have booked Elizabeth Medina. She is a little pricey but it looks like it will be worth it. I will be posting our pictures and a report as soon as we return. I hope your planning goes well and good luck getting your emails returned!

Hey Sarah!

I'm very excited for you and Kevin. Only a few more months until the big day!! I have a whole year to wait, but...by the way and pace things are moving now...a year is what I'll need. I certainly hope all the arrangements are in order for you, and Zulma is just busy with all the weddings that are apparently going on! cheesy.gif I'm sure it will all work out!

Still no response from the hotel at all for us though. Ken, my fiance (Hey our initials are the same as yours!!) thinks I should try calling Zulma this weekend or something.

I don't know...is it too soon for me to want to start planning?! By the sounds of things here, I'm right on schedule! Anyways...I'm trying to be patient, I'm just so excited, it's hard to sit still!

I'm still not sure if we're obligated to select a pre-packaged wedding, as shown on the website, or if we can tailor the day to what we want. I'd be interested to know who does the photography on site with the package and if they have any examples of their work. We're photo people too, and have been looking at Elizabeth Medina (incredible work) and Matt & Sol with delsolphotography. I'm sure the added expense would be worth it...but I would like to explore the less expensive alternatives (ie. package inclusions) first I think!

Anyways...thank you Sarah, for your feedback. I imagine we'll be booking our entire trip by August, so your review will be very much anticipated by me!! cheesy.gif

Talk to you soon!

For all of you that have dates reserved or are still trying to reserve at The Royal PDC, please take my advice and be PERSISTENTLY STERN!! I know that it sounds a little much, but as Sarah mentioned the original WC (Paty) responded rather quickly and the current WC is not very timely. I personally know that your day there will truly be AMAZING because I've been in your shoes, but I understand how you feel waiting for answers and feeling like the biggest day of your life is kind of 'up in the air'. I found that if I sent emails with a little extra force behind them (ie. this is the most important day of my life and we are spending quite a bit of money, I would really appreciate a quick response as I am starting to feel extremely nervous about how my wedding may turn out if I am not receiving responses), it seemed to move things forward quite a bit faster. The thing is that all of the people that work for the resort are truly wonderful, especially the wedding and reception coordinators. I honestly feel that they have had QUITE a pickup in wedding bookings and are extremely slammed and really doing the best they can. However, that is not something that a bride who has never met them or been there can understand and this IS the most important day of our lives, so it is absolutely understood that we all want answers, and timely ones at that. My one piece of advice is that and that to remember: the wedding WILL be truly AMAZING!!

The only thing I ask from you Becky (besides the thousands of questions for later!!!) is...

PLEASE...remind us noobies about this in a few weeks...and then again...a few weeks after that!

fryingpan.gif

I'm sure all our days will plan out exactly how we'd want...but for me...I'm so darn impatient! I have my mind set, and now I just want it to be done! cheesy.gif

Thank you for your confidence in this resort though. I know that, even if they are having to adjust to the upsweep in bookings, they will manage and hopefully some more dedicated staff will be able to help move things along. At least...my fingers are crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroo View Post
Here are some files for the Royal that I received from Walter a few months ago that might be helpful to some of you who are waiting to hear back from him. The first is reception pricing information and the second is pricing information for their spa.
I have a quick question for anyone who might know the answer...

All of our guests, a total of 20 people including the two of us, are planning on staying at the Royal. In the Reception quote attachment that aeroo posted, it is stated that no Group Dinners or Receptions are allowed at the a la carte restaurants...

Does this mean...ever? Like during days 1 - 4 when we're all just hanging out together before the wedding day, can we all sit down at one of the restaurants and enjoy a meal together, or will they not accommodate us? This could be a HUGE problem for us, as one of the things we're looking forward to is spending lots of time together, this includes meals! And we'll all certainly be paying for the all-inclusive experience. I mean, I don't mind the surcharge for the wedding day reception...I just need someone to assure me that our group will be able to dine together!

Any opinions on this would be appreciated!