ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Hi Ladies,

Happy to report after contacting my amazing TA Jill Angie finally got back to me. I have yet to see everything in writing but she e-mail me last night. Jill is working on getting a higher up contact for me to speak with. Angie claimed she found my e-mail in junk mail. I find it highly suspect since I have been in communication long before this e-mail.

Also did anyone notice in jaxsebridetobe's review that you don't actually get upgraded with the Luxury and Ultimate Luxury packages. You just get a discount for the rooms. They really should not put than you get upgraded by two levels than. I know it is still based on availability but its misleading to say you get this.

I have a whole list of other questions I want clarified and in writing. As soon as I get I am going to post it and forward it on so we all have something and writing and don't have to keep dealing with this.

We decided in the end to stay with the Royal. We cannot find anywhere that can really accomodate a group our size. So like Lady Di I want everything in writing so when I get there if there are problems I have it all there.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes please, if anyone finds an confirmed answer about the room upgrade in the luxory package, please let us know.

The luxory package says you supposdely get:

Complimentary upgrade of room or suite (to the next level of suite category, subject to availability upon arrival)

I would assume this is free too, and they would not charge us any extra!

Thanks!

What the complimentary upgrade means that if the room ia available when you arrive at the resort that you will be upgraded - if you definately want that room though and want it confirmed prior to arrival you will have to book it and pay the going rate for it.

HTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerazo View Post
yes please, if anyone finds an confirmed answer about the room upgrade in the luxory package, please let us know.

The luxory package says you supposdely get:

Complimentary upgrade of room or suite (to the next level of suite category, subject to availability upon arrival)

I would assume this is free too, and they would not charge us any extra!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jennifer View Post
What the complimentary upgrade means that if the room ia available when you arrive at the resort that you will be upgraded - if you definately want that room though and want it confirmed prior to arrival you will have to book it and pay the going rate for it.

HTH!
Oh ok thank you for clearing that up Jennifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Nobody, not even a US coordinator, contacted you? PM me and I will give you Kimberly's email. You should have been contacted by a US coordinator.

Thanks for the puppy compliment! bunny_4.gif

I have been in contact with Angie Hayes in the US. I just haven't been assigned the WC from The Royal in Playa yet. Thanks for the help!

Spoke w/ Kimberly again today, and I had her reconfirm the price for me for dj ivan for 3 hours. I am paying $850usd for his djing service and a dance floor, not the light up dance floor, she said that is listed at $700 on the new pricing sheet. Obvs' we are not going to go with the light up dance floor, when we can use that $ for something better. Kimberly also sent me over the new pricing sheet if anyone wants it.

About the "room upgrade" what I heard from a bride at the royal who got married while we were there for our "inspection" and what I was also told on the hush hush by an employee..... the couple wet met that had just been married said they had booked the jr suite, and when they got there they were upgraded to the royal jr suite, which I believe is your only shot of a free upgrade. When we checked in, we upgraded to the royal jr suite for an extra $40pp per night and I asked Mr employee, how the wedding upgrades worked and he pretty much confirmed the upgrade is really only from the jr suite to royal jr suite, anything else will be at a half price rate per night per person. Were booked for a corner suite for our wedding and we know not to even think were getting a free upgrade because the next room level is the swim up which defers in a $400 a night stay. Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensFiance View Post
Spoke w/ Kimberly again today, and I had her reconfirm the price for me for dj ivan for 3 hours. I am paying $850usd for his djing service and a dance floor, not the light up dance floor, she said that is listed at $700 on the new pricing sheet. Obvs' we are not going to go with the light up dance floor, when we can use that $ for something better. Kimberly also sent me over the new pricing sheet if anyone wants it.

About the "room upgrade" what I heard from a bride at the royal who got married while we were there for our "inspection" and what I was also told on the hush hush by an employee..... the couple wet met that had just been married said they had booked the jr suite, and when they got there they were upgraded to the royal jr suite, which I believe is your only shot of a free upgrade. When we checked in, we upgraded to the royal jr suite for an extra $40pp per night and I asked Mr employee, how the wedding upgrades worked and he pretty much confirmed the upgrade is really only from the jr suite to royal jr suite, anything else will be at a half price rate per night per person. Were booked for a corner suite for our wedding and we know not to even think were getting a free upgrade because the next room level is the swim up which defers in a $400 a night stay. Hope that helps
Ugh, they should have just said "complimentary upgrade from junior suite to royal jr suite" on their packages. Thanks for the tip!

Hey ladies, I can't remember if Ive asked you all this before but I'm wondering if any of you got the group incentives included with your group (ie: on The Royal's website under "Groups" there are some free things that the co-ordinator of the group s supposed to get), like for booking more than 15 oceanview rooms you are supposed to get 7 nights free at the Royal and a free group appy & cocktails event. We have 50 people booked at The Royal already, all except 2 couples in oceanview, but when I asked Angie about this she said that because we booked through my TA these group rewards are not included. Does anyone know anything about this, is anyone getting any freebies? I feel like we're bringing them this much business we should get something, instead now I find out we're not even going to get the "upgrade" that is stated in the luxury package, very disappointed right now sad.gif((

I heard that from Kimberly as well- $850USD for DJ Ivan. My reply back was asking why we are required to pay $200 more than the amount he quoted for the exact same services. A little irritated about this as we were about to send the contract in when all of this happened. Has anyone else heard anything different?