ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Hi all Royal brides!! Man, I haven't been on here in FOREVER so I'm playing a bit of catch-up and tried to MQ as much as I could. There's been lots of activity & new names on here since I last checked in! So great!

Update: We've booked and paid for our trip! June3-10, 2010! Soooo pumped! Now that we've done that I feel like we're almost there, ha!

Here goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison&kevin View Post
Candice-

Thanks so much! Your party is just planning on meeting up at a certain time? I think that is how is works...?

Yep, on the intieraries we're putting for everyone to meet in the restaurant/bar for drinks around 5:30. Then, move on to dinner around 6:30-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerazo View Post
For those who are doing a Symbolic Ceremony like I am:

Does anyone know what exactly the minister says during the ceremony? Or have a copy of what he says you could send to me please? I just wonder if they say the same things as a normal ceremony...

Thanks,

Adriana

if anyone has this information, my email is erazo_adriana@yahoo.com

Thanks !!!

We're doing a symbolic and going to write our own (w/the help of fellow Desties, of course!). If you do a search on here for ceremony scripts, you can find some great ones to start with. I guess I should check w/Kimberly to make sure that's allowed, but I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennieestelle View Post
It's official, we are booked for the Royal Feburary 6, 2010!!! Thanks for everyones help and I look forward talking more as the date approaches :).
Yay!! CONGRATS! I can't believe that's only 3months away! Soooo exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks1581 View Post
So...I received confirmation today that we're booked for May 8, 2011 (and apparently I'm a bit of an over-planner as they told us that we're the very first wedding to book for May 2011). Even though we're still very far out, do you all think that I should try to contact an actual WC at the Royal just to introduce myself? I remember reading that sometimes Doreen doesn't communicate well with the WC's and that it has resulted in double booking, etc.

VERY excited to officially have the date!!!!

CONGRATS to you, too, becks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Ernie View Post
Hi Girls - I haven't popped in here in a long time, but I happened to notice the recent posts on the price increase (again)...We've decided against The Royal and are going with Dreams Puerto Aventuras instead. One reason for this is because of the instable prices! I specifically asked during the online Webinar (was that in September I think?) if the prices and packages would be changing again because they seem to change somewhat frequently and at unexpected times. The answer was, "No. These are the packages and they will not be changing." That would make me very angry if I hadn't paid my deposit yet and so it seals the deal for us. As much as I'd totally and completely fallen in love with The Royal, perhaps we can come back another time for a vacation. I wish you all the very best of luck and the most beautiful weddings imaginable!!!
Aww bummer frown.gif I remember that question and answer during the webinar! I wonder what is up w/that? Luckily, I'm doing the free wedding so I'm not too worried about the pricing for the packages. You'll have a wonderful wedding no matter where you have it so don't worry!! Happy Planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerazo View Post
Just curious what other brides are doing ... How many days do you guys plan to be in Mexico for your entire trip? I think i'll be there for a total of 11 days, I'm not sure if that is too much or not enough. lol. Do you plan to stay at The Royal Resort for your honeymoon too or going to another resort or another location all together?
We're staying 7 nights (4 nights after the wedding) at the Royal. 11 would be amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxsebridetobe View Post
Hi fellow Royal brides,

It's been a while since I've been on the website...I'm one of those brides that isn't doing a whole lot of extra planning and just enjoying the stress free easiness that comes with a destination wedding. That being said...it is now Nov 7th, and my big day is coming FAST! (DEC 2). I've got some questions I'm hoping all you experienced BDW forum girls can answer... I'm going with the Luxury Package and was wondering if anyone that has already done this or some of you girls that might have the answers can help...

1) How much is it for day pass? Back when I first got on this site, I thought it was $100 - now it looks like it is $195 for the full day!! Seems steep..just wondering if anyone else got quoted less recently. I'm flying in a photographer, but he is staying at another hotel.

2) For the hairstyle and makeup included at the spa - do they have a lot of good make up to use or should I be bringing in my own? And for my hair, if I want a flower in it, do they supply that?

3) What is the Men's Face Saver?...

4) Did you find you needed extra decorations for the Gazebo or the beach reception? If so...does it cost quite a bit more to add to it?

5) Has anyone used the harpist during the wedding? I'm trying to decide if i want that or maybe the violin or saxiphone - any feedback? Also on this - how long do they play? Is it at the beginning of the wedding and then we use our own music for the actual wedding?

I know I probably have SO many more questions!! But guess I will go with this for now. Thanks girls!!!

I'm right there w/ya on the stress-free part! I can't believe how close you are!!!!!!!! So awesome! I don't have answers to all your questions, but I'm so excited for you!

4) I'm just sticking w/the all white (tablecloths & chair covers) and will bring some table decorations (they'll set up the decorations you bring for free). Colored ribbons for the chairs are $5/chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Kimberly told me to put "standard dance floor requested" on the form and they will put one. also luxury comes with a sound system so that means speakers will be included.
What form are you supposed to put that dance floor request? I haven't received a form, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Ladies we are off to Playa for our site visit!!!! I am armed with everyones questions and a camera ready to go.

I will post my review next week when I return. Have a great week :)

I hope you're having a BLAST!!!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyfranzel View Post
Here we go ladies. Here are the wonderful pics by DelSol. Review coming soon!

10.24.09 Tracey + Brent | Royal Playa del Carmen | Photos by Matt Adcock

OMG, Tracey!!! Your wedding looked absolutely AMAZING!! And you looked GORGEOUS!! Where did you get your dress?? Its the perfect beach dress!! FI and I were looking through your pics saying "I wish we were there for their wedding!" hahahaha! Matt did a fantastic job!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Beautiful, gorgeous, Amazing! Great Job Matt!!!

I really just want the light up dance floor too!

I haven't seen this either, but now I want it! I wonder if this is standard now?

Hahahaha! I want the palm trees, now, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
the wedding coordinator told me that everyone CAN go to the rehearsal dinner if it's at the royal...including the kids. ugh, i wish i didn't see this review! i will make sure that i show this to her.
Good idea on showing her. Not that I know for sure or anything, but it kind of sounds like they didn't really want to be there so I'm sure that didn't help w/any kind of negative experience they came across.

Sorry this was so freaking long!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a question for anyone who may know... We are doing the luxury package and we were wondering what the timeline looks like from ceremony to reception? How long between the ceremony and reception? We are trying to time how long we want our photographer for! Any insight would be great!

Jen

Hi All!

I'm a "newbie" here and have my wedding booked for March 2010. I'm in the process of booking hotel rooms...however, I have been having a lot of problems and my guests have been having a lot of issues with Angie and the staff with everything from charging the wrong amounts to credit cards, not returning phone calls, booking wrong rooms, etc. I feel really embarrassed that my guests have to experience this lack of professionalism, but I feel that there isn't much I can do. Has anyone else had issues with Angie and her staff? What have you done about it? For those who have already had their wedding, did you have issues before you went to Playa and if so did you have issues in Playa with the staff at the resort?

If anyone has any advice on how I should handle this please help:) My fiancé is so frustrated with our guests calling to complain about the hotel he wants to cancel the wedding at the hotel and do it somewhere else. -- I would rather not do this...

Thanks for everyoneâ€s help:)

Holly

Holly and Scotts Wedding Website

For those of you who opted for the Ultimate Wedding Package, do you know of anyone just using the music this provides - 1 hour of: mariachi band, Mexican trio, live Mexican band, then your own music? I haven't looked into a DJ or band or anything because I thought this would be fine...after thinking more about it, however, I'm kinda nervous about it - especially the dancing and whatnot. Let me know your thoughts!! THANK YOU!!

Adriana -

We are thinking around 10-14 days. We figure that we will want to get there a good 3-4 days before the wedding and then have a bit of time after, more so after friends and family leave! As of right now we aren't counting this as our true honeymoon but more of an extended stay!

Kerri

Wow it has been a long time! Great to see Tracey's pics - thanks for sharing, really beautiful. We are on the less than 2 month countdown. Getting crazy close! As for timing, we are staying 11 days also, some before and some after. MOst our guests are staying 7 days, so it really does not give us much alone time, but we will do a "real" honeymoon in a year. I think we will be doing Cook Islands for that.

I still feel like there is so much to do, but yet not much I can really do. What a conflict. Tracey-did you feel this way? Any tips of things not to forget when heading down there? Last minute reminders :) Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks1581 View Post
Candice--
I just wanted to say that I think you have a GREAT website! I 'borrowed' a few ideas from your site when I started working on my own. I'll post my link too when it's finished!
thank you very much, becks!! I worked my booty off on that thing so that is great to hear msnwink.gif I 'borrowed' some stuff from other Desties, too, so I'm more than happy to pay it forward! yes, definitely post yours! I'd love to see how it turned out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenconrad View Post
I have a question for anyone who may know... We are doing the luxury package and we were wondering what the timeline looks like from ceremony to reception? How long between the ceremony and reception? We are trying to time how long we want our photographer for! Any insight would be great!

Jen
Jen, I don't know for sure but figured there is about an hour b/t the ceremony and reception bc they offer the 1hr cocktail hr b/t the two. We decided against the cocktail hour just bc we aren't having too many guests so it didn't make sense to spend that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison&kevin View Post
Wow it has been a long time! Great to see Tracey's pics - thanks for sharing, really beautiful. We are on the less than 2 month countdown. Getting crazy close! As for timing, we are staying 11 days also, some before and some after. MOst our guests are staying 7 days, so it really does not give us much alone time, but we will do a "real" honeymoon in a year. I think we will be doing Cook Islands for that.

I still feel like there is so much to do, but yet not much I can really do. What a conflict. Tracey-did you feel this way? Any tips of things not to forget when heading down there? Last minute reminders :) Thanks in advance.
Oh my gosh you're soooo close!! How exciting!!! Ya, our guests are staying 5 days and we're staying 7 so I feel you on that. We're hoping to do a "real" one next year, too. Not sure exactly where, yet.
I was wondering the same about when you get to that point. I emailed Kimberly a few days ago to get a timeline of planning stuff just so I could have an idea of when I can finally start making decisions but haven't heard back, yet. I'll let you know what she says.