ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

2mckee -

i am using Samuel Luna as my photographer, he is amazing! really high quality photos, check out his website Flash Portfolio | Top Mexico Photographers | Mexico Destination Wedding Photographer Samuel Luna. If you inquire with him, will you please let me know if referred you to him? (Adriana Erazo)

I met with him during my site visit and he was super professional, easy to get along with, good pricing and his phots are amazing, he has even won a few awards for them

Check him our for yourself!

Adriana Erazo

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mckee View Post
Thanks everyone!! I ended up spending some time looking at Elizabeth Medina's website yesterday and the pics of the weddings at The Royal are BEAUTIFUL!! I didnt see a single speedo! :) Unfortunately, she is booked. What photographer is everyone planning on using?? The one included with the packages or did you go out and find your own? Thanks for the help!
Hi,

We are also using Samuel Luna and we are meeting him next week on our site visit. When we booked him he had an amazing deal going on and ofen does do diffrent promotions.

He is less expensive now but I don't think that will last for long. His pictures are amazing. You will see what I mean once you see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Hi,

We are also using Samuel Luna and we are meeting him next week on our site visit. When we booked him he had an amazing deal going on and ofen does do diffrent promotions.

He is less expensive now but I don't think that will last for long. His pictures are amazing. You will see what I mean once you see them.
I am also using Samuel Luna! My wedding is taking play November 22, 2009 so I will definitely post pictures after the wedding so you all can see his work. I have been very impressed with him so far. And... I think he is pretty reasonable. We are actually having him take photos of our welcome dinner as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa2009 View Post
Congratulations!! I'll be getting married at The Royal PDC on February 5, 2010, so perhaps we'll run into one another?! :)

- Alisha
Alisha,

That is great that we are getting married a day apart! I was wondering if I was going to find anyone on here getting married around the same time. Good Luck with your wedding planning and hopefully we will run into each other in Playa :).

Jennie

Hello Everyone,

I am doing the Luxury Wedding Package and had a couple of questions for anyone who has been married or has done a site visit to The Royal. Does anyone know how much it costs to extend the reception past the the 3 hours? I am sure that I have seen this in previous posts but couldn't find it. For the cold hors d'oeurves, do we get an option for these? I haven't recieved any documents on this yet. What is the price of day passes at the Royal for guests staying at different resorts? What bouquets are everyone choosing? I have the picture of the ones that are included but it is hard to tell how they will look like. What about food and cake choices, what is everyone choosing? Also is alcohol included in the price for dinner? Sorry for so many questions, but I thought that you guys might be able to give me a better idea of what I am looking for instead of the WC. Thanks in advance for all of your help :).

Jennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennieestelle View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am doing the Luxury Wedding Package and had a couple of questions for anyone who has been married or has done a site visit to The Royal. Does anyone know how much it costs to extend the reception past the the 3 hours? I am sure that I have seen this in previous posts but couldn't find it. For the cold hors d'oeurves, do we get an option for these? I haven't recieved any documents on this yet. What is the price of day passes at the Royal for guests staying at different resorts? What bouquets are everyone choosing? I have the picture of the ones that are included but it is hard to tell how they will look like. What about food and cake choices, what is everyone choosing? Also is alcohol included in the price for dinner? Sorry for so many questions, but I thought that you guys might be able to give me a better idea of what I am looking for instead of the WC. Thanks in advance for all of your help :).

Jennie
It is $10 for guests and i think its $15 or $20 for non guests for the extra hour. your WC should be sending you all the documents if you ask. who is your WC? the wedding is free to all of guests even if they're not staying at the resort but if they want to get to the resort before the wedding then they have to pay a discounted day pass...it is $85 from 9 to 5pm and $145 is all day.

Again, you should be able to get answers from your WC. She is the one who booked your wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsontco View Post
I am also using Samuel Luna! My wedding is taking play November 22, 2009 so I will definitely post pictures after the wedding so you all can see his work. I have been very impressed with him so far. And... I think he is pretty reasonable. We are actually having him take photos of our welcome dinner as well..
Your wedding is so soon! I can't wait to see the pics :) We are also using him for our rehersal dinner on the catamaran. I can't wait to see yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerazo View Post
Has everyone been told the same information that the beach reception can last until 11PM at night. i am curious how strict they are with this rule, or if you are able to extend your party and just pay the charges per person.

Thanks!
Ya I am wondering about this to. I was told the reason why because of the noise and out of respect for the other guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
It is $10 for guests and i think its $15 or $20 for non guests for the extra hour. your WC should be sending you all the documents if you ask. who is your WC? the wedding is free to all of guests even if they're not staying at the resort but if they want to get to the resort before the wedding then they have to pay a discounted day pass...it is $85 from 9 to 5pm and $145 is all day.

Again, you should be able to get answers from your WC. She is the one who booked your wedding.
I have only been in contact with Angie Hayes, who I don't believe is my WC. When do they assign you your WC at the Royal. I wasn't sure how to get in contact with them.