ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenconrad View Post
Hi there

You are so lucky to be able to do a site visit! I am sure you have been told that a million times, haha. You probably are already checking this out, but any info you can get on an outside, closeby florist would be great. I wonder if the week of it would be to close for them to get an order done..another thing I am wondering is exactly how the beach setup for the luxury package will be done..dancefloor or no dancefloor, speakers or no speakers...etc. Have a great trip!

Jen

Royal Playa del Carmen
April 29th, 2010!
Hi Jen I think this is for me since from what I can tell I am the only one with an upcoming site visit. If not well I will also help get you the info you need lol

I def plan on cheking outside florists and I will let you know about the beach set up :)

Two more weeks!! I will take lots of pics

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ladies,

I just got the updated wedding checklist for 2010. One knew change that Fi and I are really excited about. They now offer a fire show for 30 minutes, 4 dancers $600.

This is something we want to do during dinner at our reception on the beach. However I am going to look and see if there are any outside vendors for this service and compare the rates.

Oooohh! Fire dancers sound awesome, and 30min is a pretty long performance! It's definitely going to be hard to chose which 'extras' we want for the beach reception...fire dancers vs lounge furniture etc...

Are any of you planning to extend your reception for longer than the included 3hrs?

Hi,

For anyone who has arranged a site visit...have you been given an appointment to meet the W/C at the Royal?

Did you just email the general wedding sales address and they arrange it for you?

We are planning a site visit in may and just wondered how it worked? We will be wanting to book date/location etc when get there so would like to meet WC so can discuss different options.

Thanks for your help.

jesmcan,

would you mind seeing how the grass will affect you if you wear anything else than sandals? like wedges? i am pretty sure that high heels is out of question! i am having a garden reception and knowing the info will greatly help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenconrad View Post
Hi there

You are so lucky to be able to do a site visit! I am sure you have been told that a million times, haha. You probably are already checking this out, but any info you can get on an outside, closeby florist would be great. I wonder if the week of it would be to close for them to get an order done..another thing I am wondering is exactly how the beach setup for the luxury package will be done..dancefloor or no dancefloor, speakers or no speakers...etc. Have a great trip!

Jen

Royal Playa del Carmen

April 29th, 2010!

Kimberly told me to put "standard dance floor requested" on the form and they will put one. also luxury comes with a sound system so that means speakers will be included.

Hi ladies...quick question:

For those of you that booked over a year in advance, were you able to lock-in the rates at the time you booked? I ask because FI got verbal confirmation s via voicemail a few days ago for our date from someone who was covering for Doreen while she was out of the office. This woman said that they would honor 2010 rates for our May 2011 wedding since 2011 rates aren't available yet. We asked for written confirmation but didn't receive anything.

Fast forward to today...I get an email from my TA who called Doreen...Doreen now says that we'll have to pay 2011 rates even though they aren't out yet. This seems absurd to me...I mean seriously, who signs a contract without the numbers on it??

Did anyone encounter this or have suggestions on how to approach the situation? I definitely plan to push back, I'm just not sure if it would be better to let my TA do the negotiating or if I should call and do it myself.

Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
jesmcan,

would you mind seeing how the grass will affect you if you wear anything else than sandals? like wedges? i am pretty sure that high heels is out of question! i am having a garden reception and knowing the info will greatly help!!

Kimberly told me to put "standard dance floor requested" on the form and they will put one. also luxury comes with a sound system so that means speakers will be included.
Hey,

yes I def will check it out because we are having our cocktail hour there and I was planning on wearing heels, we shall see lol