ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so I have finally made it through all the posts...whew!! Great information on here; it has been really helpful as we finally enter into the final decision phase :) We have been back and forth between the Riu Palace and the Royal, and the more I read on the Royal posts, the more I think this place will probably suit us best. We have some kids in our party, so it will be nice to have the ability to stay at the Gran, for those who choose to do so, but also have our wedding at such a gorgeous spot! Everyone's pictures and experiences have been great to hear and I am looking forward to hearing/sharing more.

We have sent STDs (DIY luggage tags), which people should be receiving now, and our prospective date looks to be Jan 8th 2010. It all seems to be approaching quickly since summer is coming and time flies!

I am sure there will be questions as I start understanding how this works more, but thanks for all the advice I have read from you all so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by istephiez View Post
Thanks so much guys for your support. Its funny because I have been so stressed out and this morning I was like you know what...my friends on the blog might make me feel better and though you didn't solve my problems (shocker :) its nice to have your support.

On a positive note, we got a preview of our engagement pictures today. We are bringing our photographer with us to Mexico so he is going to document the rehearsal dinner, which is at Blue Parrot, the wedding, the trash the dress session the next day as well as photos at the pool and throughout town. He is so great, really captures the moments vs. just posing for pictures.

Check it out if you get the chance.
View My Blog
Wow, Steph,

you guys looked gorgeous! I love how the photos looked so natural and not posed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaLane View Post
Hey Everyone!

We're back! We got back late Tuesday, and I had huge sales presentation on Thurs & Friday. (I'm still exhausted and trying to catch up with work.) So, I haven't had time to post yet. But, let me just say this: THE WEDDING WAS PERFECT. Our week in Playa was the best week of my life. Everything was phenomenal. Our choice to marry in PDC and at the Royal was the best decision. I will get my professional pics this week. But, I'll try to post a full review ASAP.

xoxo,
Veronica
Congrats Veronica! Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi&alex View Post
Hi Stephanie! Congratulations on your engagement! I'm reiterating a bit of what Antonia said... btw... congratulations, Antonia, on your soon to be wedding at the Royal... not long now!
I'm doing as Antonia and am having my reception on the beach. Our ceremony is in the gazebo and we are having cocktails outside of the gazebo area afterwards. There is an extra charge to have your reception on the beach - $50 US per person if a Royal guest, $60 if the guest is staying at the Gran, and $70 if the guest is staying at any other resort. Children are allowed for all of the wedding activities, but they are strict on the +16 age minimum otherwise. Paty used to be the wedding coordinator, but Zulma took over about a month ago... Antonia, if this is news to you PM me and I'll send you Zulma's contact info. I haven't looked into the dance floors and speakers yet... right now I'm involved with sorting out a lounge set up. Zulma got me in touch with an outside vendor and I'm hoping to have lounge furniture, etc. on the beach.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

do happen to have the name of the vendor that does the lounge setup? if so, could you please send me an email with the contat info? erazo_adriana@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriswim View Post
Hey Girls! Its been a while since i posted...but i have been SUPER busy with wedding stuff!! I leave in 26 days!!! OMG! We still don't have our rings...still don't have the guys outfits (thanks to a slacking FI). Everyone has replied - thank goodness!
We have 38 adults, and 4 kids under 5! (2 of which are 3 months old!)
Just wanted to let everyone know that my new WC is Michelle - i think she works at the Royal is SOOO AWESOME! She gets right back to me (sometimes with in the hour!).
Everyday i email her with a random question and she responds - its totally eased my nerves!
I still have to post my semi-DYI invites tonight - just never got around to it!

Does anyone else have this problem: At my shower i had lots of people give me the guilt trip for having a destination wedding - like "sorry we can't be there - but ya know we have kids, or don't have vacation or don't have the money." OR "why are you having a desitination wedding anyway!" i feel like telling them - "so annoying people like you don't go!!!!!" oh well...i should be used to it but seriously one month away and now I get this?
Does anyone know if they had to provide songs to the DJ? Or did they just have everything alreadyhuh.gif

Veronica - can't wait to read your review!!

I've been thinking of this problem. This was probably my biggest DW issue. I felt bad aksing people to go to a different country just for me. But, I have from Lubbock, TX. I had guests from Cali, NYC, TX, TN, MS, etc.

If we had decided to have a traditional wedding at my family church in Lubbock, everyone would have spent just as much (or more!) on tuxes, dresses, flight tickets, hotel rooms, and all the other expenses that go along with wedding parties. Instead, we asked them to spend $$ to go to paradise for four days, and eat and drink as much as they want.

You have to look at it that way. And, for those who tell you that they "just can't go"---that's ok. The people who really want to be there will make it happen. I wish someone had told this stuff to me before the wedding. I wasted so much time stressing over this. I can't say it enough: relax and enjoy this time.

Veronica, your review was awesome and so informative! Thanks for showing the pic of the reception set-up, I've been dying to see it! It was so great to hear about how yummy the food was too! :)

Well, I'm finally legally married! FI and I had our Legal Day yesterday! I've posted my pics, but have no idea how to post a link to them... (when you see them, you can see how geeky excited I was the whole time!!!)

Now it's time for fun in the sun and the REAL WEDDING! I can't wait!