ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheung1111 View Post
Congrats Athena - thanks for sharing your slideshow. Your wedding looked perfect!

Melia122 - I still can't believe we're sharing the same day! We'll have to chat. I actually didn't know Royal could do 2 events on the same day.
I believe I read somewhere on this thread that they can do up to 4? But that it doesn't mean there will be 4. I know one of our past brides talked about how she had her reception on the beach and there was another reception on the beach further down at the same time.

Also, I think if it rains your location just changes, like if you were going to have a beach reception then you would be moved to the ballroom....

I was told that they would do up to 5 weddings per day including at the Gran and the Royal! I think that is way too many.

I had asked about the gazebo and was told it was already taken for the ceremony. So we are confirmed on the beach and in the garden for the reception. I have decided not to have a cocktail hour. I don;t know the locations let me look on the aerial view.

melissa

Athena,

Thanks so much for sharing your pics. They are great! You looked beautiful, and everything looked perfect.

Shay, I LOVE your invitations. They are so cool---very original!

Here's a quick subject change: Have any of you guys been keeping up with the increased violence in Mexico? A couple of my wedding guests (single ladies) are freaked out by the media coverage regarding Mexican drug cartel. I am trying to do damage control and convince them that Cancun and Playa del Carmen are completely safe. Have any of you had any issues with this so far?

This is the last thing I thought I would worry about when planning a wedding.

Ok, ladies. I'm oficially next! :) I am so excited and ready!!

xoxo,

V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaLane View Post
Athena,

Thanks so much for sharing your pics. They are great! You looked beautiful, and everything looked perfect.

Here's a quick subject change: Have any of you guys been keeping up with the increased violence in Mexico? A couple of my wedding guests (single ladies) are freaked out by the media coverage regarding Mexican drug cartel. I am trying to do damage control and convince them that Cancun and Playa del Carmen are completely safe. Have any of you had any issues with this so far?

xoxo,
V.
Hey V....

Thanks for the invitations comment! I am pretty proud of them...I hope one day, to be able to make some money doing stuff like that for other brides!

Regarding the Mexico - Violence topic...

If it comes up again, this is what I would say to my guests...

Though unfortunate, the violence we've been hearing about in Mexico is really not unlike any other incident in any other country.

I really believe that, if you use the same safety precautions you would in any other country while travelling, you will be fine. The alerts all advise that, if you follow the basic rules, you should be exempt from any violent acts:

- Don't allow yourself to travel alone at night
- Don't become intoxicated without being in the company of a designated chaperon
- Avoid putting yourself in any situation that may involve illegal activities, and if you should find yourself in this situation, try to alert the authorities immediately
- If you notice suspicious behavior, contact authorities, or notify hotel personnel immediately

I know the topic has come up on occasion with our group also, and I have stressed to our guests, that, when in doubt, just stay on the property. The Royal offers more than enough to occupy ones attention, and...to be safe, stay near the hotel. We're lucky, because 5th is RIGHT there...and...

Sorry...I won't ramble. Basically, I think it will be fine. One thing we are doing for our guests, is we're offering walkie talkies (cheap $20 sets from Canadian Tire) in their OOT bags. Each of us will have one (we have a small group)...so...that will be nice!

I can't believe your wedding is in T-20 days!!!!! I'm so freakin excited for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmenGeeRoxx View Post
Which part of Mexico are these problems occurring. I saw a travel advisory in Canada warning Canadians to avoid travel to Mexico. I haven't heard anything yet from my guests but I am sure it will come up.
Most of the reports and advisories I have seen are more directed towards Northern Mexico...

Here are a few recent examples (Drug Cartels are REALLY bad - not sure if this is "new" or not though)...

Travel Report for Mexico

I just read this quote:

"You have to make a distinction between the border incidents that are going on and the places like Playacar, Cancun, Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta, which are exceedingly safe," said Terry Denton, president of the Travel Leaders travel agency in Fort Worth.

Mexico: Spring Break, Beaches -- and Bloodshed - News- msnbc.com

I really think the media reports, maybe in excess, this time of year...Spring Break is coming...and I think it is a precaution for all those young, spring breakers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaLane View Post
Athena,

xoxo,
V.

Ok so maybe I am just too far inland, lol, but I haven't heard anything. I did read a thread on here however that explained things very practically... I have not idea how to link another thread in this thread, so here is the URL link.

www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/38057