ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

We hired Elizabeth Medina for our photography. We were not pleased with the work of the resort photographer. We are funny about pictures though. We are HUGE picture people (we have over 3,000 pictures from our two weeks at the Royal and that does not include the professional pictures!) I know that there is a "no outside vendors" rule, but I don't know what exactly counts as an outside vendorhuh.gif I'm wondering if they are talking more about food, lounge furniture, dj, etc. It does not hurt to ask though. Micaela seems like she really wants to work with people and make them happy.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_prieb View Post
We hired Elizabeth Medina for our photography. We were not pleased with the work of the resort photographer. We are funny about pictures though. We are HUGE picture people (we have over 3,000 pictures from our two weeks at the Royal and that does not include the professional pictures!) I know that there is a "no outside vendors" rule, but I don't know what exactly counts as an outside vendorhuh.gif I'm wondering if they are talking more about food, lounge furniture, dj, etc. It does not hurt to ask though. Micaela seems like she really wants to work with people and make them happy.
Photographers are definitely considered "outside vendors" as emphasized to me by Micaela! Fortunatley for us, we booked with her, and had our paper work in order, before the BIG RULES came down! Micaela really does seem to genuinely love doing what she is doing, and making couples happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_prieb View Post
Hey Sarah...

I was wondering if your Elizabeth Medina photos were available to view online...

I know that is totally asking you to pry into your day, but....I couldn't help but ask! I'm a fan!

xo

OMG... I booked my wedding at The Royal PDC months ago and I can't believe I just came across this forum!!!

I have been so frustrated with communication with the WC's and the fact that they answer only half your questions 2 weeks after you send an email!

I am a little startled to learn of the No Outside Vendor rule. We have a photographer that we fell in love with (and actually ran into at Dreams Tulum when we were trying to pick a site... a story for a different time) that we are flying down with us. I will have to email specifically about the No Vendor rule. I wonder if it applies as the photographer and his assistant (girlfriend) will be staying at The Royal with us.

So much good information!

Scott and I are getting married December 5th. Religious ceremony on the beach at 4 PM followed by a beach reception. Can't wait!!!

Our pictures can't be posted soon enough!!! They should be up by next week. She told us that we would have our photos in time for our AHR. That is September 20th. We wanted to be able to show off for all of our guests. All I can say is keep checking. That is what we keep doing. They will be on her website soon.

LouLou7, I would not worry about your photographer. If they are staying at The Royal with you, how is the resort supposed to know if you hired someone or if you have a friend who has a really nice camera? Also, after your wedding is set up and your ceremony starts, the WC leaves and it is just the officiant, you, and your guests. Nobody will say anything to you. It will be fine.

Sarah-I was under the impression that the WC performed all the duties of a typical WC here...i.e. stays for the ceremony to help with organization, sending people down the aisle, etc. Is that not the case? I was really hoping someone would be there so that I don't have people coming up to me with questions I don't want to be bothered with ("What should I do with the extra programs?" or "What do I do with...?"). Maybe some of that is dealt with already because they deal with all the clean up? Did you feel bombarded with questions all day?

The WC sets everything up, she comes to the room to get the bride when it is time, and sends everyone down the aisle. I just asked my husband....and I guess she was there through the entire ceremony. After we walked back down the aisle and everything was set, she left. I don't remember seeing her. I guess she was the perfect wedding coordinator. Everything went smoothly, she stayed out of the way, and handled everything. I didn't get any questions thrown my way. They did handle all of the clean up....and now that I think about it, micaela did take our centerpiece for the ceremony over to the reception site on the beach. We had fans for our guests. We just had the moms bring those back to their rooms while we had pictures taken. Other than that, the Royal handled everything.

LouLou7-Just wanted to pass on a bit of info another one of the gals gave me (Tati)...Micaela is on vacation until Sept. 15 (I believe), so don't worry if you don't hear back before then! I know she has an assistant (can't think of her name at the moment), but not sure how much emailing she's responsible for. Anyway, just wanted to let you know so you're not too worried!

Sarah-thanks for the info. That's really good to know...I think The ROYAL is going to be the perfect place for our wedding!