ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

I was told by my wedding coordinator that the price for a DJ is 950 for 3 hrs, I also saw in some of the reviews of the DJ's the hotel uses (DOREMIXX) that their price was $450 for 2-4 hours, did anyone else find this out or ask the Royal why the prices are so different? Or, does anyone know the fee for using an outside vendor?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wrote Doramixx to get their quote hoping it would be cheaper directly but they told me I had to book through the resort! Sneaky sneaky! Lol' I'm wondering how much other DJ's are too but at the same time I keep reading how great they are and by the time we pay the outside fee it'll probably be about the same! We're stuck between a rock and a hard place! At least Doremixx brings a bunch of favors and things...

Oh my goodness, thank you Billandstina- you saved me a ton of work. I keep hearing about how great he is too- I also hear that Mannia is really good too, but he's normally more expensive if you aren't through the resort- I wonder why they are both the same price then. Did he say if he brings fireworks too? I think that Mannia does. 

He does say that he brings fireworks... and the light up dance floor at an additional cost. This actually confuses me because according to my WC cold fireworks are an additional cost yet it sounds like Doremixx brings them as part of his package! I'm hesitant to ask (don't ask don't tell type of thing) since I'm sure if I show interest my WC will hike up the price! Lol! Can anyone shed some light on this? Did you pay for your cold fireworks or did Doremixx include them (making his price sound a tad more reasonable).

JordanB said that he brought fireworks for free- I'm thinking along the same lines as you are about mentioning it to the wedding coordinator.. perhaps if we express our interest with DJ DOREMIXX and not the wedding coordinator, he will just bring them. I think the light up floor is an extra $700- yikes! but everyone says it's worth it, I have a hard time justifying that when a regular one comes with the package... but I haven't read anyone say that they would have just went with the plain one.

I'm in the same boat! Lol! Everyone has said it helped make the party! Ugh...what to do?? Lol! I was thinking the same thing about asking Doremixx directly but the WC and he are definitely in contact because as soon as I emailed him requesting a quote (never mentioning any interest in a DJ to my WC) my WC emailed me saying "I hear you're interested in using DJ Doremixx" which makes me think that if I ask about the fireworks then the WC will know...I'm wondering if it depends on which wedding package you are buying as to whether they're included or not?

Originally Posted by Jessica G View Post

JordanB said that he brought fireworks for free- I'm thinking along the same lines as you are about mentioning it to the wedding coordinator.. perhaps if we express our interest with DJ DOREMIXX and not the wedding coordinator, he will just bring them. I think the light up floor is an extra $700- yikes! but everyone says it's worth it, I have a hard time justifying that when a regular one comes with the package... but I haven't read anyone say that they would have just went with the plain one.

Ivan of Doremixx and the light up dance floor is TOTALLY worth it...not only is it fun, but it really makes your pictures spectacular :)

Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

He does say that he brings fireworks... and the light up dance floor at an additional cost. This actually confuses me because according to my WC cold fireworks are an additional cost yet it sounds like Doremixx brings them as part of his package! I'm hesitant to ask (don't ask don't tell type of thing) since I'm sure if I show interest my WC will hike up the price! Lol! Can anyone shed some light on this? Did you pay for your cold fireworks or did Doremixx include them (making his price sound a tad more reasonable).

So, originally, I asked for cold fireworks in my quote through the WC. As we got closer, I was like "it's not worth the money" and told them to take it off our invoice. Imagine my surprise when at the end of our first dance, there were cold fireworks. So, I'm not sure HOW that happened, but it did.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Doremixx, they were great. Although I've heard great things about Mannia, too (and I believe he is a 'resort DJ'). Doremixx did everything exactly how I wanted, and they had a ton of props for the guests (I believe they brought masks and beads). Also, the light up dance floor is worth every penny. People loved it and the pictures looked great.

Something we did was our own "photo" guestbook. So, I had brought a ton of props for that, and by the time everyone was done doing their guestbook pictures, everyone had props on all over the reception. It was hysterical and made for some great pictures. I think this is a good idea whether you do the photo guestbook or not. I would go to Dollar Tree around each holiday, and they always had headbands, hats, masks and stuff for that particular holiday (think Christmas, Valentine's day, Mardi Gras, St. Pats, Easter, etc.) I also bought boas and funny signs from Party City. It was cheap and they were easy to pack to bring down. My crazy sisters also bought tons of those Kanye West sunglasses in bright colors, so lots of people loved those, too. Also, I know you can get cheap glow necklaces and bracelets from Dollar Tree, too.

Some prop pictures: