ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

I've got a question for brides who have already got married... I am trying to figure out my music for the ceremony but I am not sure how that is set up. Do they have speaks on the beach? Do I need to put my music on my IPOD or burn it to a CD?

Also what did everyone use for the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle as well as yourself? I have the cocktail hour and reception figured out as I hired a DJ but I just thought about the acutal ceremony. Thanks!!!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, LuckyGal4!  We used a harpist for our ceremony, but we were told by our wedding coordinator that they have iPod hookups to play through speakers on the beach.  Since we had the harpist, we used 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for the bridesmaids and "Canon in D" when I walked down (I couldn't think of anything else, so it was very last-minute)!  Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Originally Posted by LuckyGal4 View Post

I've got a question for brides who have already got married... I am trying to figure out my music for the ceremony but I am not sure how that is set up. Do they have speaks on the beach? Do I need to put my music on my IPOD or burn it to a CD?

Also what did everyone use for the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle as well as yourself? I have the cocktail hour and reception figured out as I hired a DJ but I just thought about the acutal ceremony. Thanks!!!

they'll set up a whole sound operation with two speakers and a guy with a mixer board. we ran the music off the iPad and just told them what to play and when. worked like a charm.

here are the songs we used:

Seating - Marry Me by Train

Maid of Honor Processional - Use Somebody by Tyrone Wells

Bride Processional - Hallelujah by Kate Vogele (I ripped this from a You Tube video because I wanted the acoustic guitar ; )

Recessional - Praan by Gary Schymann (this too was from You Tube - Where the Hell is Matt)

we were going to dance to David Gray's This Year's Love, but we took photos through the cocktail hour and left the resort for Wicky's immediately after. I wish we'd experienced even just 10 mins of it, even if that meant fewer pics.

our song choices were non-traditional, but they really fit us. there's a forum on here with lots of ideas.

Welcome Mae and congrats!!! The Royal will charge you a $600.00 fee to use one of their ministers whether its leagl or not. I am not doing a legal ceremony and I thought it was OUTRAGEOUS for them to charge that!!! So... My FI and I have a friend who is going and he is very near and dear to us both so we asked him if he would perform the ceremony and he said yes! I made the ceremony myself and then emailed to him. Also, since it's not legal they dont have to be ordained. My WC Maritza took the charge off my bill!!

Kim-- Thats awesome that we have the same date although we will be in Playa!! Everything has gone pretty good so far, I got Maritza as my onsite WC and she was great!! She answered all my emails very qucikly and gave me some really good information. Also thanks to BDW I have learned soooo much yay :-) Esp now that we are in crunch mode I have been on here everyday trying to find answered to my questions! Was your planning a good experience?! You got everything ready to go?

Anyone else have a June 23rd date and either The Royal Cancun or Playa?

Thanks! But to clarify my question; I read (I can't remember where) that for any outside officiant whether it be a friend or some random guy off the street, the Royal will waive the vendor fee? We have found a minister who is charging $250, and seems great! So even if they charge me the $350 vendor fee I'm still saving $100 but would love to know ahead of time what their "rule" is on the whole thing. Unfortunately we have such a small group coming with us there isn't really someone I'd be willing to ask to officiate other than the best man. Any advise on this would be great!

We brought our music down on my iPod on a playlist, and Lili made a list of the songs to ensure it went how I wanted. There was someone controlling the music for us.

Seating - "Have you ever really loved a woman" - Bryan Adams

Matron of Honor - "All You Need is Love" - The Beatles

Bridal Processional - "God Only Knows" - The Beach Boys

Recessional - "L O V E" - Michael Buble

have the best man do it. ; )

Originally Posted by mae1564 View Post

Thanks! But to clarify my question; I read (I can't remember where) that for any outside officiant whether it be a friend or some random guy off the street, the Royal will waive the vendor fee? We have found a minister who is charging $250, and seems great! So even if they charge me the $350 vendor fee I'm still saving $100 but would love to know ahead of time what their "rule" is on the whole thing. Unfortunately we have such a small group coming with us there isn't really someone I'd be willing to ask to officiate other than the best man. Any advise on this would be great!

to elaborate more, that $600 is absolutely unreal. and I thought $400 was bad. I heard one of their ministers, and honestly, I think people might have trouble understanding through their accent. you know that the Royal is paying them $50 - $100 and pocketing the rest as pure profit.

it's absurd, especially when (unlike the photographer), there's no outside work. just show up, read for 20 mins max and go. if ministers were actually getting most of that $600, I'd quit my job and go marry all of y'all down there myself. ; ) 

Kelly & Deniden-- Thanks so much for the info, that makes me feel better!! Love the song choices BTW it's so great that we dont have to be "traditional" when picking them!!

Mae-- Our friend who is doing our ceremony is a guest at The Gran Porto Real and is staying there at least 2 nights therefore the charge was dropped. My WC just needed his name and confirmation number to make sure that he was a guest. Also, I am bringing my own photographer and since she is a guest at The Gran Porto Real staying at least 2 nights we didnt have to pay a vendor fee for her either. So basically if they are a guest of the resort for a min of 2 nights, then they will drop the whole $600.00 but if you find a minister down there who isnt a guest, then they will still charge you the fee. Doe that make sense? Sorry hope I havent confused you!!

Most def you should ask the best man to do it :-)

Also, who is your WC? I would ask her and see what she says. I know that the WC's are not always on the same page!!

Thanks Lucky, that does make sense! I've been trying to get a hold of my WC Liza but she isn't responding. I asked the hubby what he thought of having the best man do it last night and he did not really care for the idea (which I thought was odd since he is mr. frugal, lol). His exact words were "I don't want him to officiate, I want him to be my best man!" I tried to explain he could do both, but in the end I would rather him be happy and pay the extra $. There is one other person who might be able to do it, my MOH's husband but I don't know how he would feel about it. I don't know how well he does with public speaking and he is somewhat shy. I thought of having my mom do it, but then I started to feel like I'm grasping for people to do things when I should just pay for it. LOL, maybe I will just ask one of the street vendors to do it! :)

On a completely separate note; I feel like I need a drink cause I just ordered my dress from dressilyme.com and I will have anxiety until it gets here! Even after reading all the awesome reviews and how there is nothing to worry about, I'm still worried! Anyone with experience with them who wants to remind me they are great is highly welcomed right now, lol :)