ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

SparksFly--- Hey I noticed that you had said that you were about a month out from your wedding on one of your post so I was just curious what date yours ways? We are getting married June 23 at The Royal so was wondering if there was gonna be anyone else there the same time as us!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm having my 1 year vow renewal (didn't have a wedding for the first go round) at the Royal! Reading through these boards and all of your input has been super helpful, that and two other brides who I've been blessed to have their help in planning! Thank you dniden and kellygrrrl! We are getting "married" on October 19, 2012 and are having our reception at Wickys. The last two weeks has been probably the most productive two weeks of planning since I was proposed to back in 2010. I am getting ready to order my dress from dressilyme.com, and am slowly bringing together our other vendors.

Question, I saw somewhere that the Royal doesn't charge a vendor fee for a minister... can anyone confirm that? My contact at the resort, Liza, doesn't answer questions very quickly.

Anyways, just thought I would say hey to everyone and I welcome any advice you want to throw my way!

SparksFly--- Hey I noticed that you had said that you were about a month out from your wedding on one of your post so I was just curious what date yours ways? We are getting married June 23 at The Royal so was wondering if there was gonna be anyone else there the same time as us!
Hi! Yes I have the same date as you! I an having the wedding at the royal in cancun! Hoes everything going planning wise?

Welcome Mae and congrats!!! The Royal will charge you a $600.00 fee to use one of their ministers whether its leagl or not. I am not doing a legal ceremony and I thought it was OUTRAGEOUS for them to charge that!!! So... My FI and I have a friend who is going and he is very near and dear to us both so we asked him if he would perform the ceremony and he said yes! I made the ceremony myself and then emailed to him. Also, since it's not legal they dont have to be ordained. My WC Maritza took the charge off my bill!!

Kim-- Thats awesome that we have the same date although we will be in Playa!! Everything has gone pretty good so far, I got Maritza as my onsite WC and she was great!! She answered all my emails very qucikly and gave me some really good information. Also thanks to BDW I have learned soooo much yay :-) Esp now that we are in crunch mode I have been on here everyday trying to find answered to my questions! Was your planning a good experience?! You got everything ready to go?

Anyone else have a June 23rd date and either The Royal Cancun or Playa?

Hello, Fellow Brides!  

First of all, congratulations to everyone who got married in May!  I browsed through some photos, and you ladies look absolutely stunning!!!  

I just returned from our INCREDIBLE wedding at The Royal PDC on May 12th and honeymoon around the Riviera Maya and feel like I have SO much to report on!  If I could relive our wedding in Playa ten times over again, I would!  There was so much love, happy tears, laughter, hugs, kisses, dancing, partying, meaningful exchanges of well-wishes, etc.  We had a huge audience for both the ceremony at the Gazebo and at the reception at Pelicanos Beach; it was so nice to have strangers come up to us, telling us how touched they were by our wedding vows (some even re-telling the story of how we met in high school) and what a ball we were having at the reception.  For all the future brides, I can't stress how important it is to take a step back with your husband during the reception to soak it all in because time sure does fly!

In summary, we had the following:

• Wednesday - Dinner at Maria Marie, Cocktails at the Tequileria & Cigar Bar, Dancing in Downtown PDC at Mandala
  • Thursday - Private Catamaran for 26 people including half-day of Snorkeling, Dinner at Spice, Cocktails at the Tequileria & Cigar Bar, Dancing in Downtown PDC at Coco Maya (here are pictures of the catamaran/snorkeling tour: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.178323835630675.36469.100003591791826&type=3)
  • Friday - Welcome/Rehearsal Cocktail Hour for 70 guests at the Sol and Mar Ballrooms (international open bar, hot & cold hors d'oeuvres), Dinner at Asiana, Dancing in Downtown PDC at Blue Parrot (also watched the fire show)
  • Saturday - Wedding Ceremony at the Gazebo, Cocktail Hour at the Gazebo Garden, Reception at Pelicanos Beach, After-Party at Coco Bongo
  • Sunday - Farewell Brunch at Pelicanos Restaurant

If you call ahead of time, the restaurants will section off a part of the restaurant to accommodate your guests.  I think since we had a pretty big guest list, the resort was VERY accommodating to us and made sure we were well-taken care of and that our guests were happy.  I can help answer any questions on this and get more specific.  

In order to help our guests communicate, we invited everyone to a Facebook Group Page for our wedding and added each event to the page.  It served as a great forum for everyone (who left wifi on their phones while turning cellular data off) to follow what we were up to, any changes to scheduling, for guests to get in touch with one another, to ask questions, etc.  As our guests arrived, they simply logged onto the page to see what the latest and greatest was...could see the latest status update as "We are currently at Pelicanos Restaurant - come and meet us, and we'll be drinking at the pool after!" or "Come to Room 991 to pick up your Welcome Bag & Brochure!"  Finally, I had custom drawstring bags made with a design I created in Adobe Illustrator (says "I partied like a pinata and got smashed!") filled with various travel goodies I get for free at my job at Johnson & Johnson (i.e. Aveeno sunblock, Neutrogena face wash, Clean & Clear body wash, Korres makeup, Bandaids, Neosporin, Benadryl, etc.).  I also made welcome brochures outlining the wedding week timeline (among other things) to help guests navigate their way through the week. Our guests mentioned the Facebook Page and Brochures were a HUGE help (not to mention they loved the bags & goodies and used them at the beach)!

I will definitely share our professional photos and video when those come in, but my uncle/godfather sent our family a pretty good summary of our wedding along with some photos from family/friends' cameras/phones (see attached).  One of the many highlights of our wedding was when my husband, Mark, did the garter removal (and a ridiculously-inappropriate accompanying dance) to his song-of-choice: Rick James' "Super Freak"...I just love that someone captured this on video because this is what I have to live with every night!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3206432476591&set=o.224700187636439&type=3&theater

We also had an incredibly meaningful ending to the night with our last song ("We Are Young" by Fun):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3205231406565&set=t.100003591791826&type=3&theater

Anyway, more to report on later, but just wanted to check in and let all the future brides know that everything will be wonderful!!!  You are getting married at a beautiful venue (all of our guests were so impressed with the venue selection) where fun is absolutely guaranteed.  My biggest word of advice is to have your day-of timeline buttoned up and to meet with your DJ, wedding coordinator, photographer, videographer to go through every last detail of the timeline.  If you ladies need any help with anything or would like me to send over any files, I would be more than happy to help!!! :)

Enjoy all the planning because life will seem so suddenly incomplete when it ends! 

Jenn

pinata 1 color.pdf

THERoyal Wedding of Jenn and Mark - Final.pdf

Hello, Fellow Brides!  

First of all, congratulations to everyone who got married in May!  I browsed through some photos, and you ladies look absolutely stunning!!!  

I just returned from our INCREDIBLE wedding at The Royal PDC on May 12th and honeymoon around the Riviera Maya and feel like I have SO much to report on!  If I could relive our wedding in Playa ten times over again, I would!  There was so much love, happy tears, laughter, hugs, kisses, dancing, partying, meaningful exchanges of well-wishes, etc.  We had a huge audience for both the ceremony at the Gazebo and at the reception at Pelicanos Beach; it was so nice to have strangers come up to us, telling us how touched they were by our wedding vows (some even re-telling the story of how we met in high school) and what a ball we were having at the reception.  For all the future brides, I can't stress how important it is to take a step back with your husband during the reception to soak it all in because time sure does fly!

• Wednesday - Dinner at Maria Marie, Cocktails at the Tequileria & Cigar Bar, Dancing in Downtown PDC at Mandala
  • Thursday - Private Catamaran for 26 people including half-day of Snorkeling, Dinner at Spice, Cocktails at the Tequileria & Cigar Bar, Dancing in Downtown PDC at Coco Maya (here are pictures of the catamaran/snorkeling tour: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.178323835630675.36469.100003591791826&type=3)
  • Friday - Welcome/Rehearsal Cocktail Hour for 70 guests at the Sol and Mar Ballrooms (international open bar, hot & cold hors d'oeuvres), Dinner at Asiana, Dancing in Downtown PDC at Blue Parrot (also watched the fire show)
  • Saturday - Wedding Ceremony at the Gazebo, Cocktail Hour at the Gazebo Garden, Reception at Pelicanos Beach, After-Party at Coco Bongo

If you call ahead of time, the restaurants will section off a part of the restaurant to accommodate your guests.  I think since we had a pretty big guest list, the resort was VERY accommodating to us and made sure we were well-taken care of and that our guests were happy.  I can help answer any questions on this and get more specific.  

In order to help our guests communicate, we invited everyone to a Facebook Group Page for our wedding and added each event to the page.  It served as a great forum for everyone (who left wifi on their phones while turning cellular data off) to follow what we were up to, any changes to scheduling, for guests to get in touch with one another, to ask questions, etc.  As our guests arrived, they simply logged onto the page to see what the latest and greatest was...could see the latest status update as "We are currently at Pelicanos Restaurant - come and meet us, and we'll be drinking at the pool after!" or "Come to Room 991 to pick up your Welcome Bag & Brochure!"  Finally, I had custom drawstring bags made with a design I created in Adobe Illustrator (says "I partied like a pinata and got smashed!") filled with various travel goodies I get for free at my job at Johnson & Johnson (i.e. Aveeno sunblock, Neutrogena face wash, Clean & Clear body wash, Korres makeup, Bandaids, Neosporin, Benadryl, etc.).  I also made welcome brochures outlining the wedding week timeline (among other things) to help guests navigate their way through the week. Our guests mentioned the Facebook Page and Brochures were a HUGE help (not to mention they loved the bags & goodies and used them at the beach)!

I will definitely share our professional photos and video when those come in, but my uncle/godfather sent our family a pretty good summary of our wedding along with some photos from family/friends' cameras/phones (see attached).  One of the many highlights of our wedding was when my husband, Mark, did the garter removal (and a ridiculously-inappropriate accompanying dance) to his song-of-choice: Rick James' "Super Freak"...I just love that someone captured this on video because this is what I have to live with every night!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3206432476591&set=o.224700187636439&type=3&theater

We also had an incredibly meaningful ending to the night with our last song ("We Are Young" by Fun):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3205231406565&set=t.100003591791826&type=3&theater

Anyway, more to report on later, but just wanted to check in and let all the future brides know that everything will be wonderful!!!  You are getting married at a beautiful venue (all of our guests were so impressed with the venue selection) where fun is absolutely guaranteed.  My biggest word of advice is to have your day-of timeline buttoned up and to meet with your DJ, wedding coordinator, photographer, videographer to go through every last detail of the timeline.  If you ladies need any help with anything or would like me to send over any files, I would be more than happy to help!!! :)

Enjoy all the planning because life will seem so suddenly incomplete when it ends! 

Jenn

pinata 1 color.pdf

Hello, Fellow Brides!  

Jenn

Hello, Fellow Brides!  

Jenn