ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

if you read the latest contract, there's now language about how you can't book a room for the photog to skirt the vendor fee. I'd be extremely leery about doing so. we paid the $350 vendor fee, and it covered our photog + assistant. it's irritating to pay so much money considering our reception wasn't even AT the hotel, but it is what it is. I'd be up-front with them, you do NOT want to be dealing with a photog issue on the day of the wedding, believe me. you need all the time you have with them. : )

Originally Posted by clarissalu3 View Post

So we are in the process of picking out a photographer. I feel like after booking our date and our hotel stay that should be our next priority. Did any of you book a room for the photographer? How did that work/turn out? Or just pay the vendor fee.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you email the resort or call them? I emailed them yesterday but am wondering if it would be more efficient to call.

Congrats! We are getting married in June 2013. We are also working with Wendy and she has been great!! We booked our room and our wedding package so now the serious planning begins!!

Thank you. I LOVE Del Sol's work. Unfortunately, they don't exactly fit in our budget- by a long stretch. How much did they quote you for if you don't mind me asking? I have only heard rumors but I don't really want to get my hopes up!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

congrats!! you'll love wendy. she pops in on the forum every now and again. : ) planning a year in advance should secure you all the best stuff. book with the Royal and your photog asap. we adored Del Sol - just throwin it out there. ; ) http://www.delsolphotography.com/blog/index.php

you know, it was so long ago that I'm not sure. at the time, they had more 'apprentices,' although now the studio is larger, so maybe there are additional options. if you drop them an email through their contact form, they should be in touch with pricing. and don't be afraid to ask for what you want - they may be able to accomodate.

from experience, I wouldn't get anything less than four hours. I thought we'd have time to burn with two photogs, five hours and only a dozen people, but it FLEW. also, it takes a good 15 - 20 mins to capture the perfect shot, and a large part of that time is experimentation with light and exposure, etc. I wouldn't have believed it if anyone had told me this in the beginning, but truly, honestly, the more time the better. I don't think it's ever overkill with the photogs, and Del Sol was really reassuing throughout the process. looking back, I may have even booked 8 hours (crazy, right?!) just to be sure I got everything. I'm sure I'll be amazed with what they captured, though, and I can't wait for the first look! : )

please let me know if you have any more questions. I'll ask them to get in touch with you as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marooon13 View Post

Thank you. I LOVE Del Sol's work. Unfortunately, they don't exactly fit in our budget- by a long stretch. How much did they quote you for if you don't mind me asking? I have only heard rumors but I don't really want to get my hopes up!

Wow lot's happening here in the past few weeks!! Congrats to the recent brides and newly engaged!!  Kelly! I love the pic of you and your new hubby on the swing!! That is def on my list for our photographer!

I have a couple questions...

I am wondering if our guests will have the option to pick their entree?  We are doing a private reception either at or in the gazebo.  And if they do have a option should I have them RSVP their choice or do they choose during the dinner service?  I would like to send out our formal invites within the next couple months and if they need to choose I want to have them do this through our wedding website RSVP...but I need to know what options to include.

I have put my deposit about a month or so ago now and Maritza said she would be sending me the catalogues soon...but I haven't gotten anything yet.  I have not tried to email her as from this website I assume this is the busiest time for weddings.  But when should I start to be worried if she doesn't send them?

My MOH would like to put a slideshow together for us.  Has anyone done this or plan to?  If so does the Royal provide a projection screen/laptop?

We are planning to use a ipod and speakers for our reception.  Is there a fee for this? And is a dance floor provided? And again a fee for the dancefloor?

Ok I think that's it for now! Thanks in advance ladies!

When I was looking into picking our photographer I emailed at least 10 all from this site to inquire about their pricing. I think you would be surprised at how willing the photographers are to make it work for your budget.  Many of them offered to tweak the packages they offered for us.  Our budget is lower than Del Sol(also love their work!!) but depending on what time length you want them to shoot you may find that they are in your budget.  It helped me alot to narrow down the photographers when I knew the prices of their packages/what they offered/etc.  We are going with Dean Sanderson!! Can't wait!! 

Did you email the resort or call them? I emailed them yesterday but am wondering if it would be more efficient to call.

I found that our wedding coordinator(Maritza) usually emailed me back within a day or so.  I believe I called a couple times as well when there was a error in our contract and I was able to talk directly to her as well!  I have only secured our date/location...still waiting on the catalogues...not sure when those come!

Hi clarissalu3,

I listened in on the webinar earlier this month, and the way they explained it is that even if the vendor has booked a room (which needs to be for a minimum of two nights) you will still be required to pay a discounted vendor fee, which was 20% off the $350.  So really you're better off not booking them a room and just paying the fee.

I booked del Sol for our wedding and am so excited to work with them!  Their work is amazing and they have a lot of different photographers and different packages to choose from so hopefully they can help you find something that works with your budget.

So we are in the process of picking out a photographer. I feel like after booking our date and our hotel stay that should be our next priority. Did any of you book a room for the photographer? How did that work/turn out? Or just pay the vendor fee.

Hey kellygrrl,

Congrats!  Where did you all do your first look?  I haven't been to the resort before, but I've been wondering where we could do it that would be both private and beautiful.  I know I probably won't be able to really figure it out till I'm there, but I'm just too excited and curious! :)

Who did you use from del Sol?  I'm going to be working with Melissa, plus an assistant.

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

you know, it was so long ago that I'm not sure. at the time, they had more 'apprentices,' although now the studio is larger, so maybe there are additional options. if you drop them an email through their contact form, they should be in touch with pricing. and don't be afraid to ask for what you want - they may be able to accomodate.

from experience, I wouldn't get anything less than four hours. I thought we'd have time to burn with two photogs, five hours and only a dozen people, but it FLEW. also, it takes a good 15 - 20 mins to capture the perfect shot, and a large part of that time is experimentation with light and exposure, etc. I wouldn't have believed it if anyone had told me this in the beginning, but truly, honestly, the more time the better. I don't think it's ever overkill with the photogs, and Del Sol was really reassuing throughout the process. looking back, I may have even booked 8 hours (crazy, right?!) just to be sure I got everything. I'm sure I'll be amazed with what they captured, though, and I can't wait for the first look! : )

please let me know if you have any more questions. I'll ask them to get in touch with you as well.

Quote:

Hey jenguitard,

Which catalogues are you looking for?  They have the bouquets, centerpieces, cakes, etc on their website under the downloads page.  

I was told we could give our guests a choice of two entree options, but they all have to have the same salad, soup, etc.  Their choices are due when final payment and everything else is due, 45 days before the event.  And you have to be able to signify which guests what (different place cards or something).

I asked about a slideshow set up for our rehearsal dinner, which we're doing on the beach, and was told there was an additional $350 fee to set up a TV/DVD to play it.  My finance thought that was really crazy, his exact words were "so we're basically borrowing a TV for 5 minutes for what it costs to by a new TV?" Haha, so we abandoned that idea...  They do have projection screens in the ballroom, but I don't know if theres a charge for that.

There shouldn't be an additional charge for iPod/speaker set up, and I think the basic wooden dance floor is included, but if you want the light up dance floor, that costs extra.

Originally Posted by jenguitard View Post

Wow lot's happening here in the past few weeks!! Congrats to the recent brides and newly engaged!!  Kelly! I love the pic of you and your new hubby on the swing!! That is def on my list for our photographer!

I have a couple questions...

I am wondering if our guests will have the option to pick their entree?  We are doing a private reception either at or in the gazebo.  And if they do have a option should I have them RSVP their choice or do they choose during the dinner service?  I would like to send out our formal invites within the next couple months and if they need to choose I want to have them do this through our wedding website RSVP...but I need to know what options to include.

I have put my deposit about a month or so ago now and Maritza said she would be sending me the catalogues soon...but I haven't gotten anything yet.  I have not tried to email her as from this website I assume this is the busiest time for weddings.  But when should I start to be worried if she doesn't send them?

My MOH would like to put a slideshow together for us.  Has anyone done this or plan to?  If so does the Royal provide a projection screen/laptop?

We are planning to use a ipod and speakers for our reception.  Is there a fee for this? And is a dance floor provided? And again a fee for the dancefloor?

Ok I think that's it for now! Thanks in advance ladies!