ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

for us (wedding in May), the resort didn't sell out until pretty recently, and that's largely how it went last year. but I absolutely agree with JessicaAnne's suggestion about being prepared with held reservations well in advance. I was stunned when she wrote that the resort was sold out (it pushed our last two couples into booking ASAP). I think being filled that early is unusual, but it does happen.  

TA Wendy is on here, so you can message her directly. she often comments in this forum.

congrats on booking your date! we've been planning for 18+ months, and I can honestly say that in the beginning, it was FOREVER away, but as we've gotten closer, the time has gone exponentially faster. : )

-kelly

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

congrats on booking your date! we've been planning for 18+ months, and I can honestly say that in the beginning, it was FOREVER away, but as we've gotten closer, the time has gone exponentially faster. : )

-kelly

Totally agree! 3 weeks from today is my wedding, but I remember when we were a year out! So crazy how fast it goes!

Hello Ladies!

I can't believe its almost April!  The time has flown by.  I was debating about hiring a wedding videographer and when I finally made up my mine, the vendor I wanted to use was already booked.  :( None of the other vendors even compared.... until I came across LoveStruck.  They are a Californian film company who will travel and stay at the resort.  Their fee includes all their travel costs, so its just one price to pay.

I'm getting married on Friday, May 11, 2012 and I was wondering if there was a bride here getting married May 10, 12 or 13th who is also looking for a videographer.  They are out of my budget, but I really want to have one!  They have quoted me $4800 to film my wedding and are willing to work out a group rate.  Please let me know.  Also, they said if they're at the resort longer they can film things like welcome dinners, trash the dress sessions, etc.

Check them out here:

www.lovestruckfilms.com  
Cinematic Main Feature: http://vimeo.com/26487815 Trailer from that Feature: http://vimeo.com/26487253
  Brides - Were you happy if you paid for video?  If you didn't, do you regret not doing it?

We are using Claudia too!  She has been super quick to respond and her work is great.  I added her as a friend on FB, so I see her updates and photos she posts.  You can tell she is very passionate about her profession!

Originally Posted by missbizzybee View Post

Hi, Amanda:

We are using Claudia from Claudia Photo Studio.  She has a great team of talented photographers:

http://claudiaphoto.com/asociados.php

But here is Claudia's personal work:

http://claudiarodriguezphotography.com/wedds2.php

Good luck!

Jenn

Hello all!

We have just put our deposit down for January 8, 2013 for Royal Playa del Carmen!! So excited!  I have been obsessed with this thread...well the entire site for weeks now!

I am wondering what happens now.....?

I have been in contact with Maritza so far.  Will she contact me as needed or am I to contact her about the planning....feeling a little lost!

Ohhh and how obvious that I am a newbie...I didn't realize I can't change my profile name!

Happy to join you all in this adventure!!

Jen

Has anyone used the photographer at The Royal PDC? Just using the basic package for an example, The package prices say "25 pictures for a one hour session" thats all they take in an hour? I am trying to compare their prices with other photographers costs plus the outside vendor fee.  Any suggestions? Has anyone used Octavio Montes or Aki Demi? Thanks

I can not believe our wedding is like 3 weeks away!! Almost everything is in place..couple of questions for those of your who have had your weddings there..

1. Who was your onsite? I have Denys and she seems to be a bit slow on the responses. Any suggestions on a switch or is it normal to take 4 days to return messages?

2. We would like to do a family dinner on one of the nights to introduce the families to each other..but we have 17 in our group! I have contacted the OWC to see if we could make a reservation at one of the restaurants..any suggestions on what you did..we don't want to do the buffet as the next nigh is meet and greet of all of our guests and we are doing a buffet then.

3. Do they do rehearsals? I mean how does my bridal party know what they are doing on the day of the wedding?

4. 5 of us are going to the Spa to get hair and makeup done..will they let you bring in food from room service? we are doing it from like 11:430 to 3:30(that is how they scheduled us) and we are going to need to eat!

Any help or suggestions would be great! I think I am pretty much done all my linens arrived, gift bags here ..found a second dress at JC Penny for a steal for the trash the dress! Wohoo I am a MRS. in like 3 weeks!!!

Can't wait!

Originally Posted by qgirl2 View Post

I can not believe our wedding is like 3 weeks away!! Almost everything is in place..couple of questions for those of your who have had your weddings there..

1. Who was your onsite? I have Denys and she seems to be a bit slow on the responses. Any suggestions on a switch or is it normal to take 4 days to return messages? My on-site is Lili and she is fabulous! Responds within an hour or 2 to all emails!

2. We would like to do a family dinner on one of the nights to introduce the families to each other..but we have 17 in our group! I have contacted the OWC to see if we could make a reservation at one of the restaurants..any suggestions on what you did..we don't want to do the buffet as the next nigh is meet and greet of all of our guests and we are doing a buffet then. We are just going to have everyone meet at the Tequileria the first night after dinner to mingle and meet!

3. Do they do rehearsals? I mean how does my bridal party know what they are doing on the day of the wedding? I haven't heard of anyone doing rehearsals, I plan on expressing my concerns to Lili when we meet with her (our 2nd day there) and see what she suggests. Everyone in our group has been in a wedding before, so I'm not super stressed about that.

4. 5 of us are going to the Spa to get hair and makeup done..will they let you bring in food from room service? we are doing it from like 11:430 to 3:30(that is how they scheduled us) and we are going to need to eat! I've heard no food or drink allowed in there, but who knows - maybe ask your WC?

Any help or suggestions would be great! I think I am pretty much done all my linens arrived, gift bags here ..found a second dress at JC Penny for a steal for the trash the dress! Wohoo I am a MRS. in like 3 weeks!!!

Can't wait!

Originally Posted by jenguitard View Post

Hello all!

We have just put our deposit down for January 8, 2013 for Royal Playa del Carmen!! So excited!  I have been obsessed with this thread...well the entire site for weeks now!

I am wondering what happens now.....?

I have been in contact with Maritza so far.  Will she contact me as needed or am I to contact her about the planning....feeling a little lost!

Ohhh and how obvious that I am a newbie...I didn't realize I can't change my profile name!

Happy to join you all in this adventure!!

Jen

After we signed our contract, our WC (Ana) sent me tons of information and pictures related to wedding packages, menus, etc. I just took cues from this thread on what I wanted and didn't want, and would email back and forth with Ana about things...