ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

So does the light underneath the table come with alll the packages????

Originally Posted by Suzy831 View Post

My WC had told me and sent me pictures of the reception setup that comes with all of the packages. It is the white table cloth, white chair covers, lights underneath the table, and a candle for the centerpiece. Here is a pic of the standard setup (so I was told):

pic.bmp

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They have me down for Pelicanos Beachis the beach in front of the gazebo. Unforutnately for budget reasons we are skipping the light up dance floor. I honestly am not that crazy about it. We are looking into tiki torches,but they want a ridiculous amount for those. My wedding travel agent is going to speak to them about a few things.

Thanks!

I know exactly how you feel... We actually decided to have my fiance's brother perform our ceremony. Since it's symbolic anyway, we would rather have someone who knows us well and has been around for our entire relationship marry us, rather than forking over the money to have a stranger do it. We were both just attendants in our friends' wedding, and they had a close friend marry them. He did an amazing job, and it was both poignant and humorous at the right times. If you have someone that is close to you and would be comfortable speaking in front of a large crowd, it can be wonderful!

Originally Posted by Labebita911 View Post

So i just noticed the price to have a justice of the piece or minister $600!!!!!!! my gosh.thatswck.gif. t... my wedding will be symbolic as I'm getting married in my state and the JP only cost about $150............!!! i mean I'm going with the complimentary package since we will be staying in a master suite but i was looking to see if maybe i should get a package but now seeing the $600!!! BangHead.gif  that's crazy!!.. at the beginning of last year it was $400 .. wow.. i guess ill stick to my complimentary wedding and save those $600  wow..(SMH) I just feel like we are getting them lots of business by having our weddings there and bringing people and having them stay there and they just trying to squeeze every penny out of you with high cost and all these fees and what not.. 

Originally Posted by deniden View Post

Lisa-

I just realized in looking at your planning thread that your planning thread is where I stole alot of my ideas from (Factory 21 for cups/shot glasses, the handkerchiefs, having "Mrs. Paynter" embroidered inside my wedding purse, etc.) - so thanks! ;)

Couple of questions - I think that I originally requested the beach in front of Pelicano's for my reception. What's the difference between where your reception was held and the beach in front of Pelicano's?

Where did you order your table overlays and chair sashes from?

Thanks!

Denielle

That's great, it makes me happy! :)   The linens were purchased here: http://weddingslinen.com/

What time is your wedding and reception? If I'm not mistaken, the beach by Pelicanos has the nearby pier where there will be an endless stream of people returning to their cruise liner. I opted for the beach in front of the Gazebo for a few reasons: my ceremony was at gazebo (and cocktail reception in garden area by Gazebo), so the flow was pretty good. It was also close to my room so it made it less of a hassle when my MOH and SIL had to go with me to pee lol. The beach there is also the most private, as there aren't any nearby restaurants, and therefore traffic of people going to and from dinner. This is just my opinion, however, and I'm sure the Pelicano's section is beautiful, too. :)

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

That's great, it makes me happy! :)   The linens were purchased here: http://weddingslinen.com/

What time is your wedding and reception? If I'm not mistaken, the beach by Pelicanos has the nearby pier where there will be an endless stream of people returning to their cruise liner. I opted for the beach in front of the Gazebo for a few reasons: my ceremony was at gazebo (and cocktail reception in garden area by Gazebo), so the flow was pretty good. It was also close to my room so it made it less of a hassle when my MOH and SIL had to go with me to pee lol. The beach there is also the most private, as there aren't any nearby restaurants, and therefore traffic of people going to and from dinner. This is just my opinion, however, and I'm sure the Pelicano's section is beautiful, too. :)

Is there a restroom nearby for guests during the reception?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by deniden View Post

Is there a restroom nearby for guests during the reception?

Thanks!

I believe there is one by the pool area. I honestly never got to go to the pool (too many things to do lol), so I'm not sure exactly where it's located.

Annoyed!!!! BangHead.gif  so i am planning on having an outside photgrapher/videographer and it happens to be the same person for both. NOw my WC tells me i have to pay $350 per service meaning $700!!! ar you kidding me!!!! its the same company doing both.!!! im soo annoyed with all these fees...!!!!!! anyone had this issues???

Maybe you can tell them that your photographer captures stills through film and digital, in the form of 'streaming photography' aka video??? worth a shot.  That is rediculous, I would calmly tell them that it is unacceptable and work on speaking with the hotel GM...

Believe me, I was going through the same thing, and seriously looking into alternatives to move everything 2 months ago, my wedding was falling apart before my eyes and I was half way across the country with no access to anyone that I had been working with since my WC was on maternity leave...)  ....but I kept trying to work with them, my TA got involved, I called the GM, I called the GM's assistant and I didnt give up until they treated me like a bride and not a bank account....I can tell you that things have gotten MUCH better, everyone at THE Royal is now very nice, they listen and have tried to work with us on things instead of against us.  Persistence does pay off, but be calm and assertive and don't let them push you around....this is YOUR day!  You do have to play by their rules, but they have the power to make the final desicions on what to charge you for...GOOD LUCK!!

Originally Posted by Labebita911 View Post

Annoyed!!!! BangHead.gif  so i am planning on having an outside photgrapher/videographer and it happens to be the same person for both. NOw my WC tells me i have to pay $350 per service meaning $700!!! ar you kidding me!!!! its the same company doing both.!!! im soo annoyed with all these fees...!!!!!! anyone had this issues???