ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

ok ladies after 3 hours i finally finished my review!

ergh took so long because we have so many pix to go through...

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/the-royal-in-playa-del-carmen-all-inclusive-spa-resort/reviews/4663

=)

here's some more pix i posted on FB

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150627431715123.682383.522940122&l=c067c7e71f

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmm....oops
looks like i missed a couple of photos in my review. will look and edit tonight  =P

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosieposie View Post

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/the-royal-in-playa-del-carmen-all-inclusive-spa-resort/reviews/4663

=)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150627431715123.682383.522940122&l=c067c7e71f

hey, what are you doing for that? I just started to look into some type of flowers/neiman marcus butterfly garland for the gazebo.

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

hahahaha...great torture!!! me too, I am a bit stressed with the DIY..I am trying to do 10 m of organza flower garlands for the gazebo! lol

Jozee84- June 15, 2011

JHarris - June 17, 2011

Sweetle- June 24, 2011

JenniferKuhr- July 1, 2011 

Prettypigpig- July 4, 2011

Heidi82 - July 22, 2011

nikkiscriv - July 25, 2011

RGWedding-December 4, 2011

DeniDen - April 20, 2012

queenoftheu- May 19, 2012

slin2011 - May 27, 202

Kate112 - June 5, 2012

I've been working with Wendy Hicks, whom I found on this site.  She helped me with my site visit and is helping my coordinate the group reservation.  She's been great!

Originally Posted by RGWedding View Post

Jozee84- June 15, 2011

JHarris - June 17, 2011

Sweetle- June 24, 2011

JenniferKuhr- July 1, 2011 

Prettypigpig- July 4, 2011

Heidi82 - July 22, 2011

nikkiscriv - July 25, 2011

RGWedding-December 4, 2011

DeniDen - April 20, 2012

queenoftheu- May 19, 2012

Kate112 - June 5, 2012

Thanks for the TA advice, ladies! Do any of you know a good travel agent who is familiar with the resort? Also, if I go with a TA then do I still have the option to book through the resort? I want my guests to be able to book through a TA, through the resort, or on their own online.

Ladies, I have a quick question about menu choices.  When we went down a few weeks ago for our site visit, we had our menu tasting.  I asked Zulma whether we coul give people options (I couldn't decide betwen the red snapper or beef) and she said we could only pick one option.

The only other allowable "option" would be the vegetarian option.

From reading some of the reviews, it sounds like people were able to offer their guests a choice? 

You looked amazing! Love the dress. Everything looked great! Congrats and thanks for the awesome review!

Originally Posted by rosieposie View Post

=)

We were able to pick- #beef, #fish and 1 vegetarian option.

Originally Posted by slin2011 View Post

Ladies, I have a quick question about menu choices.  When we went down a few weeks ago for our site visit, we had our menu tasting.  I asked Zulma whether we coul give people options (I couldn't decide betwen the red snapper or beef) and she said we could only pick one option.

From reading some of the reviews, it sounds like people were able to offer their guests a choice? 

I think you can - you just have the added responsibility of making sure the waiters know who gets what. past brides have used colored place cards or little stickers to distinguish.

Originally Posted by slin2011 View Post

Thanks ladies!!

99% percent of my wedding is inside, if it rained it would just be the ceremony moved inside. I'm just concerned with guests arriving in during bad weather or may be stuck somewhere else bc of it. Hopefully it won't be too bad. We'll see.

I just love DYI project time!! lol... Last night I put together 6 paper chinese lanterns. it's a light sky blue with two kinds of ribbons (light yellow and sheer gold)  tied in a bow at the top and long tails so it blows in the wind.

Today I have to cut-out seashell shaped tags to go around the maracas. Everyone gets one and it says Shake at and for a Kiss!

I finally found a TTD dress. Went into David's Bridal and found one on sale and got an extra discount too!! WOOT!!

Rosie - Loved your review!!! It looked like you guys had an amazing time!! I love the chineset torture!!! Those pics were hilarious!

I think you should be able to pick the different menu choices but it may depend on the WC that you have. For some crazy reason - we all get different answers. LOL...

Girls!!!

I am quite peeved!!! The table numbers that I order with coral image have not arrived yet!!! We leave this sunday. 

HELP!!! Who has the numbers in sand? Please PM me the design. I'm running out of time. GGRRRR.... I just need 1-4. shots.gif