ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

thanks bonnie! we were pretty anti-chinese reception at first too. as you may remember we had so many problems and bumps through the whole process i was so close to calling it off 2 months prior but it turned out to be a lot of fun. everyone said the food was excellent - if only we had time to eat it....  =P

hope your planning in coming along!

can't wait for mexico! another day closer!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ladies!

After reading some messages on here, I decided to make an Excel Spreadsheet to really figure out which wedding package would be the best for us. We originally booked the Luxury package but have since changed to Classic. Since we are about 11 months away, my guest numbers are guesses, but it does help put the numbers in perspective, money-wise.

Attached please find the spreadsheet I used.

A couple of notes: this is based upon 2012 prices. If you are a 2011 bride, you will need to change the package prices where they are highlighted in grey. This includes the extras I specifically wanted, like the DJ and light-up dance floor - if you do not want these things, delete them or add the ones you do want and their price. In calculating the packages, I didn't include things like "rose petals on the bed", etc. because they couldn't really be calculated financially. I only included package items that could be calculated financially and that we would actually use. You can change these for yourself, as well.

It's not perfect, or close to it, but could be a good starting point for some people.

Denielle

RPDC Pkg Comparisons.xls

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for the brides, how is everyone getting their wedding dress to Mexico? are you carrying it on? (in a garment bag or in a suite case?) or checking it? and the brides who have already been to mexico, how did you get your dress there? I am flying frontier airlines and was just told that they do not have a closet to hang my dress in, (I'm stressing out now)  not sure what to do!!!! I leave sunday! 

Hi dimax21! When we were married in Riviera Maya last year, the airline allowed my fiance and I to store his suit and my dress in the front closet. I remember there was another bride on the plane as well and they allowed both of us to use the front closet. I would definitely contact the airline directly and ask how they can accommodate you. People tend to be very excited for a bride headed to her wedding, so there's always the possibility that people will help you out and maybe give up some overhead space for you to lay it flat. Do you know if your resort has a steamer? Good luck and safe travels!

Originally Posted by dimax21 View Post

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for the brides, how is everyone getting their wedding dress to Mexico? are you carrying it on? (in a garment bag or in a suite case?) or checking it? and the brides who have already been to mexico, how did you get your dress there? I am flying frontier airlines and was just told that they do not have a closet to hang my dress in, (I'm stressing out now)  not sure what to do!!!! I leave sunday! 

Dimax21,

I was advised to never check in your dress, so I carried my dress on my flights.  I was unable to use the front closet on the plane so we had to put my dress in the overhead bin.  My dress was packed in a garment bag along with my shoes, veil, and slip.  The dress arrived in Mexico fine, but it was really wrinkled.  I wasn't worried since I had already paid for the steam cleaning of my dress.  If your carrying on your dress I would advise you to arrange a steam cleaning once you arrive.  By time I made it to the resort I was so over the dress thing LOL.  Its a pain in the butt to carry the dress there, but its all worth it.

bondgirl0072010 & Aricak64-  what airline did you use? I am on frontier and I called the reservations and they said frontier doesn't have a closet to hang it up, my dress is very full (I'm not worried about wrinkles, I already have paid for the steam cleaning of my dress) Just worried it will not fit in the overhead bin... I did try to fit it in a large suitcase and that will work. I am just really nervous about checking it... 

We have a direct flight from Dallas to Cancun on American Airlines. I definitely do NOT think you should consider checking the dress at all. That's the last thing you want to be worrying about! I would really play up the "I'm getting married" topic with fellow passengers and I would truly think people will be willing to give up overhead space. My suggestion, wear a BRIDE tank top for your travel day! 

Originally Posted by dimax21 View Post

bondgirl0072010 & Aricak64-  what airline did you use? I am on frontier and I called the reservations and they said frontier doesn't have a closet to hang it up, my dress is very full (I'm not worried about wrinkles, I already have paid for the steam cleaning of my dress) Just worried it will not fit in the overhead bin... I did try to fit it in a large suitcase and that will work. I am just really nervous about checking it... 

Dimax21, I agree. I would NOT check your gown.  Carry it on the plane with you, if your airline has first class available then they should have a closet. If you call and tell them you are in economy, coach, business, what ever, they will tell you they do not have one,  but usually they do.  It is for first class passangers only.   I had my TA call my airline and they said they didn't have one either, they had my reservation infront of them and saw I was booked in coach so they said no.  But when I called and told them I had a first class ticket and just wanted to know if they have one on the plane and they said yes.  Call your airline.  Also if they reall don't have one on the plane, try to be the first in line to baord the plane so you have a full bin overhead.  From past brides they said the resort is really good at steaming the wedding gowns. 

Our airline was Continental, which has a closet but since we did not have a 1st class ticket they would not let me put my dress in the closet.  We also had a lay over in Houston, so I had to lug around the dress between flights.  I was also worried about fitting my dress in the overhead bins, but everyone on the plane was really nice and made sure I had enough space to put the dress in the bin. 

thanks everyone!

I somehow managed to stuff my dress in a carry on bag. whew! it will be wrinkled but at least I have it with me and already paid for it to be steam cleaned! I can't believe I leave tomorrow! Thank you to everyone on this site! You have been such a big help with planning my destination wedding!!! I will post reviews and pics when I return. Good luck to the brides getting married this week! :)