ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Hi SweeLe - I had my hair half done at the resort. I had just got a sewn in wavy kind of hair weave before getting to Mexico. Once at the resort salon, I asked them to blow dry it straight first and then put tight curls in it.  They did a great job, with no picture to boot! They did just as I asked and even left the curls up in bobby pins because they didn't want it to fall before the wedding. After, I got dressed, my girls simply took out the bobby pins and the curls fell beautifully. I couldn't believe it. They started to drop a little but lasted well though the reception. Since the curls were so tight to begin with, even when they fell, they fell into a loose wave curl which I loved just as much.

Originally Posted by SweetLe View Post

Diahr,

You look amazing. Your teasers are great! Did you have your hair done @ the resort?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all of your sweet comments Ladies!!! I appreciate it. Everyone was great including the Royal and all of my vendors - Cecilia Dumas, Marvin, and Norma. I have to get around to doing the planning thread now. It sucks not being in Playa though, NJ is cold!

I believe the only reserved bungalows are those dedicated to the people who rent the beach-front rooms, and they have little placards with the room numbers on them. when my mom and I were at the royal, we'd occasionally use theirs until the true owners showed up (which never happened, and no one asked us to leave in the meantime). there were other un-reserved cabanas, but it was my experience most people wanted to be around the pool due to the music and activities there.

the towel game is in effect, so if you're up early, you'll have your pick of the place. and honestly, I see no harm in using something that's 'reserved' with a towel until the 'owners' show up. it's silly, really.

Originally Posted by speedy130 View Post

Hi all,

One of my guests just asked me if you can reserve a bungalow ahead of time by the pool.  He read online that they fill up fast.  Is this true?  Any advice or idea of what I could tell him?

Thanks ladies!

@diahr, you looked gorgeous! amazing photos!

yes "towel game" is silly but definately happens often at all inclusives. my coworker was there last year and said it was common to see towels with no one coming back to use the chairs for hours if at all. she said it happens more so for chairs around the pool than beach beds out on the beach. i agree with kelly, i don't see any harm in using a spot that someone put a towel on until someone "re-claims" it, especially if it's crowded. it's an "adults only" resort, sure hope no one would be childish enough to freak out over you using their "reserved" chair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

I believe the only reserved bungalows are those dedicated to the people who rent the beach-front rooms, and they have little placards with the room numbers on them. when my mom and I were at the royal, we'd occasionally use theirs until the true owners showed up (which never happened, and no one asked us to leave in the meantime). there were other un-reserved cabanas, but it was my experience most people wanted to be around the pool due to the music and activities there.

the towel game is in effect, so if you're up early, you'll have your pick of the place. and honestly, I see no harm in using something that's 'reserved' with a towel until the 'owners' show up. it's silly, really.

i made my final payment last thursday!!!!!! super excited!!! 

final fitting on Friday, and i'm waiting to hear back from Ana about who my onsite coordinator is, i sure hope i haven't forgotten anything. just trying to tie up some loose ends here and there. i just bought some cute personalize makeup bags and necklaces on etsy for my BM, can't wait to see them. i was planning on using a shell for the rings but then i saw the ceramic-type bowls and couldn't resist. etsy has too many temptations! there's a cake topper that's too cute but with shipping to canada is over $50 and i can't justify that.

guess it's normal to get these butterflies when i look at the calendar huh?

Rosieposie,

yes, it is normal to see those butterflies!!! LOL

I wanna order a cake topper with our faces and keep it after...it will be smth like $120..still hesitating.

I saw someone with a white light dancing floor (instead of a color one) I wonder if that is the standard floor.

that sounds cool but $120 is quite steep for a cake topper.

same, i saw someone with a white light dance floor and then some with a dark wood one, not sure which is the standard or how it all works. i had asked my WC about it and she sent me a photo with the dark wood one saying it's the standard but no heard of white light one. perhaps the on-site WC would be more familiar. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

mondays are so blah.....i keep finding myself on BDW today to perk things up, not productive at all~~~~~

Originally Posted by prettypigpig View Post

Rosieposie,

yes, it is normal to see those butterflies!!! LOL

I wanna order a cake topper with our faces and keep it after...it will be smth like $120..still hesitating.

I saw someone with a white light dancing floor (instead of a color one) I wonder if that is the standard floor.

Hi, I'm getting married @ the gran caribe but the same packages and rules apply, the wooden one is included and the acrylic light up dance floor, if I remember correctly  is an extra 700-800, there are posts out there with the people that have used it and raved about how great it was, thats what we're going with:) If you google DJ Doremix, it will have actual videos of the floor at weddings so you can get the full picture