ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Diahr-

May I ask how much was norma from MAC and how did you contact her? 

Originally Posted by diahr View Post

Hola Brides! I am at PDC right now. You ladies are correct, there is no music at the pool or very little. Dont worry though, this place is AMAZING!!! My guests were so impressed as was I. The pools are awesome and there is butler service both at the pool and the beach. The food here is amazing. Just a few points for upcoming PDC brides.... I will post my full review when I get back

Marvin - Flowers were amazing. He was easy to work with, affordable and we met him in front of the Royal to avoid the vendor fee.  Just let your WC know that you will be getting your flowers off the resort and tell Marvin to meet you in front of the resort.

MUA - I had Norma from MAC and she was AMAZING!!!!!!  Words cannot describe how awesome she was.  Ladies - HUGE tip here to avoid the vendor fee. I put Norma down as a guest for the day of the wedding. My WC told me I get 35 or 45% off of the day passes for the day of my wedding. So I made it seem like Norma was a family friend coming to help me get ready. I paid $45 or less for her day pass and she was done. She showed up the day of the wedding and was directed to my room number.  No $350 fee!! I was very ambiguous about who she was and there were no problems. For all the Royal knows, her suitcase was just her clothes. This worked out perfectly. She did a GREAT job on the makeup for me and my girls. I cannot remember the exact fee, but it was beyond nominal in comparison to the vendor fee.

Room - my first room was so fabulous! Seriously, for brides that are staying here for your honeymoon, do not waste your money on the upgrade. We upgraded into a swimout room for the second part of our stay. SO NOT WORTH IT. Had I known what I know now, I would have kept us in a royal junior suit and saved the money. We expressed our dissatisfaction with the room and the Royal will not do anything to accommodate us. The swimouts appear to be smaller than the junior suits so it is not worth the premium increase.  Just my thoughts. 

Welcome Dinner at the Blue Parrot - Another awesome time. Paula was great to work with and my guests loved the food. The place turns into a great club at night with great music. Paula will have your guests compd if they want to come back for this part.

EXCURSION - I booked a private tour to Xel-ha and Tulum through Brant Travel or they also go by Entertainment Plus. This was a HUGE hit with my guests. The drivers were beyond accommodating for my rowdy, always tardy group. They waited around for us and literally let us do whatever we wanted.. The food and drink was all inclusive at Xel-ha. We ate at the buffet and I am not a buffet person, but that food was yummy!!!!  The cost was 103 per person but the price can change depending on how many people you have. We charged each guest 75 and we paid the difference. Everyone seemed to be okay with that. We paid a small deposit to Brant travel in advance and paid the rest in cash to the drivers.  This company is so professional and courteous. I cannot say enough about them. They were so good that both of my groups took an offering on the buses to leave a tip for the drivers without my knowledge. We had two buses. Again, a great company.

More details to come when I get back....

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok ladies need to have my first real freak out.  So I ordered my dress in Sep. and it still isn't in! They said it would take 4-6 months to come in and its still not here.  crybaby2.gif They keep telling me not to worry about it that its coming. But my wedding is like 2 months away! What do I do if it doesn't come in ! ? !    

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

straight from ana perez, my wedding coordinator:

Hola Kelly,

I was advised by our Onsite manager that indeed, The Royal in Cancun & The Royal Playa del Carmen have no music in the pool, that is by the standards of the AAA.

Thanks for your comprehension, as this is beyond our reach.

Kindly, Ana

I agree that is awful and it does create the ambiance!!! Does anyone know if they still have an "active" pool? I don't quite understand why this would be implemented since per their own website they have a quiet pool and an active pool....

Ok I just found this on tripadvisor.... this makes me feel better about it:

“ Royal Cancun - Response from Real Resorts re Music â€
Apr 04, 2011, 7:36 PM

From Real Resorts Facebook page:

Dearest Fans,

many of you have recently posted questions about music at the pools of THE ROYAL in Cancun and THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen.

We did not answer quickly because we were re-designing our music programs and we wanted to give you a proper response.

As THE ROYAL's are working to get the AAA Five Diamonds, an important certification aimed to provide even more excellence to all our guests, we had to adjust Resorts' entertainment in order to offer a more relaxing, romantic and luxury atmosphere.

For this reason, for example, we will not have microphoned speeches at the pools anymore.

HOWEVER there will still be music and activities at our pools: lounge and quiet music around the main pool and gardens, and party music at the pool areas located close to activities staff booth, at both THE ROYAL in Cancun and THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen.

You will still be able to enjoy pop, rock, oldies and house music, provided by BOSE speakers at the above mentioned spots.

Nothing will change, we are just adding relaxing areas by the pool, creating the perfect balance AAA is asking us to get the Five Diamonds.

THANKS for your patience and understanding, your preferred Resorts won't be different at all. Come and enjoy them. Soon they will be better than ever.

Regards

Real Resorts

yes, that definitely sounds better than before, but I wonder what they're distinguishing as, "the pool area located close to the activities staff booth" at the Royal PDC. from what I recall, I thought the activities staff both was the place where you received your towels at the royal, thus making the main pool the area closest to it -- unless they've moved it. can any recent brides respond?

Originally Posted by bride in love View Post

Hello I'm new in the forum :) I see all af you are very helpful, hope I can share some ideas as well :)

WELCOME!!! You have come to the right spot! All the brides on here are super amazing. Here is our rite of passage on the site - find an evening where you have some quiet time to do a bit of reading - start around the 800 pages and enjoy a nice glass of wine. You will find tons of info that will help get you started and caught up!

If you have your wedding date - please add it in your signature line.

Congrats and welcome!!

welcome.gif

I sent my question to the moderator on the Real Resort facebook page, and they confirmed that the activities will still be hosted near the towel area (e.g. close to the swing bar, on the left-hand side of the main pool if you're looking at the ocean), which is good because I imagine that still allows them to host things like bingo and ceviche cooking class, etc.

there seems to be LOTS of feedback from guests disappointed about the lack/restriction of music, so it will be interesting to see if they change their mind about this entirely.

you found this on FB or Tripadvisor?, can you send me the link

Originally Posted by Rissa519 View Post

Ok I just found this on tripadvisor.... this makes me feel better about it:

“ Royal Cancun - Response from Real Resorts re Music â€
Apr 04, 2011, 7:36 PM

From Real Resorts Facebook page:

Dearest Fans,

many of you have recently posted questions about music at the pools of THE ROYAL in Cancun and THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen.

We did not answer quickly because we were re-designing our music programs and we wanted to give you a proper response.

As THE ROYAL's are working to get the AAA Five Diamonds, an important certification aimed to provide even more excellence to all our guests, we had to adjust Resorts' entertainment in order to offer a more relaxing, romantic and luxury atmosphere.

For this reason, for example, we will not have microphoned speeches at the pools anymore.

HOWEVER there will still be music and activities at our pools: lounge and quiet music around the main pool and gardens, and party music at the pool areas located close to activities staff booth, at both THE ROYAL in Cancun and THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen.

You will still be able to enjoy pop, rock, oldies and house music, provided by BOSE speakers at the above mentioned spots.

Nothing will change, we are just adding relaxing areas by the pool, creating the perfect balance AAA is asking us to get the Five Diamonds.

THANKS for your patience and understanding, your preferred Resorts won't be different at all. Come and enjoy them. Soon they will be better than ever.

Regards

Real Resorts

it's on FB but reprinted on Tripadvisor:

http://www.facebook.com/RealResortsMexico?sk=wall#!/RealResortsMexico

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k4374787-Royal_Cancun_Response_from_Real_Resorts_re_Music-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Originally Posted by Labebita911 View Post

you found this on FB or Tripadvisor?, can you send me the link