ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Good luck with everything! On the OOT bags (out of town gift bags) I purchased draw string bags from oriental trading company (very inexpensive) In them I put a frisbee or a nerf football, blowup beach ball, sudoku books, crossword puzzle books, disposable under water camera, hand sanitizer, playing cards, tissue, small water squirt guns, gum, a "beach kit" (included lip balm, sunscreen, aloe) and a "hangover kit" (including pepto, immodium, tylenol, alka-seltzer, tums, emergen-c) before we leave we also are planning on adding some snacks (maybe granola bars and trail mix??) I heard you can give these to the front desk and they will put the bags in each room. If not the first night I will give them to everyone. I decided to put the bags together here, I found most items on sale, and I didn't know if I would find everything I wanted to put in them, there. 

We have a small group 18 total, and are also using our ipod for music. I think everyone will have more fun with a smaller group (plus I don't have to worry about making rounds to say hi to so many people) :)

I have not thought about what to wear after the reception, (I guess if my dress is comfortable enough I might go with that) but otherwise, maybe a while dress... I'm curious to see what everyone else is wearing too! 

again, good luck with everything! When is your big day? Mine is May 19th, 2011!! I hit my 2 month mark yesterday!!!!!! 

Originally Posted by violagirl View Post

Two months until the big day!  What are you ladies planning on wearing out on the town after the reception is over?  I was thinking of getting a tea-length white dress to wear after my reception, but I don't know that I want to invest in a second wedding dress.  Are any other brides planning on changing to go out on the town after the reception, and if so, what are you planning on wearing?

Also wondering....OOT gifts, bags-- what is the tradition here?  What does OOT stand for, what types of things should be included, and how are these delivered to the guests?  Also, should these be prepared ahead of time and transported, or do you think we could get away with putting them together in Mexico, a couple days before the wedding?

SweetLe: I bought four boxes of LED flickering tea lights (very inexpensive online), and I plan to buy some paper to make simple luminaries to set in the center of the tables.  I also got chair sashes, table covers, a gold runner for the head table, and will print my own place holders on cardstock.  Oh--and a couple rolls of burgundy and ivory tulle, to decorate the gazebo.  We have only 17 people for our reception (ourselves included), so we will probably order centerpieces either through the resort or from Maya Diseno....though I have been waiting to hear back from them for a while now.

We're doing the ipod thing as well.  I will definitely check out the wedding app that was mentioned- what a great idea!  My FI is worried that the reception won't be fun because it is such a small group, but I think it may even be more fun that way.  Everyone there has no kids to worry about, nowhere to go, except to hang out and celebrate with us...and, no one has to drive :)

It is seriously a drag that the resort feels they have to profit so heavily off of things like using an outside vendor, not having 20 guests for the reception, charging for admission to the wedding and doubling all fees for non-resort guests.  Especially when we're paying thousands of dollars to rent a room for the week.  It's disappointing and frustrating.  But then, weddings were never really meant to be inexpensive, were they? :)

Thanks to everyone for their continued comments/insight....this site has been very helpful!

Jen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks SweetLe!!! All I can is that not all angles are friendly!! blink.gif I can't wait to see what my photographer got compared to my friend's shots that I posted. I love that liquify feature on photo editing! Let's go ahead and trim that part down. LOL..

That is so awesome!! You're getting married two days before I turn 33! YAY!! I love celebratory events. =)

I know! It seems like we're going to have less than 30 and we were expecting 30-40ish. I really want the dj to keep the fun vibe up but not sure if I want to pay that much. I'm not bringing any decorations with me except for the photo albums of my bridal portraits, engagement session, sign in photo book and table assignment stuff. I keep going back and forth on adding some colors since all the resort provides is white. The FI is like - I don't want to carry tons of *stuff* down there.

I asked Marvin from Maya Diseno if I could rent some pieces and he said yes! I just need to tell him what I'm thinking of renting.

Originally Posted by SweetLe View Post

JHarris, awesome teasers! You are really wearing that dress! You just crossed the 90 day mark and I am right behind you. June 24th. I am feeling like there is so much to do now!

I agree, it's so hard to stay within budget with all the ideas I keep getting from the site. We've upgraded to a private reception now, and now I'm thinking about what to do for table decor. I really don't want to pack a lot of stuff because I know we will already have a bunch with wedding attire and OOT gifts, etc. Are you ladies bringing centerpiece items, or ordering stuff from the Royal?

JoZee - Seriously! I need to up my working out too. Kshow has such a flat stomach! I need her workout secrets!! cheesy.gif I know!!! I can't believe it's so close now. I've been reviewing my list and trying to think - am I missing something? What have I not thought of? You are!! Lucky - I haven't even started that yet. Next weekend I need to go and get mine made as well. However in Houston - there's really not a good tailor for that. The one my sister found was not good - he didn't do a good job on her dress. I haven't gotten an AHR dress. Right now just focusing on the wedding. Not even sure if he wants one. LOL....

I feel stressed and am waiting for that stress induced weightloss to happen. So far - not yet.  

Originally Posted by JoZee84 View Post

Hey Jana, your right Jesmcan and Kshow looked TOTALLY hot in their pics! More stressing out and working out for me!  Your pics look awesome too! Its getting so close to our date! EEEEKKK!   I got for my chinese dress on April 9th, I hope they can get it done on time. wacko.gif   Did you get your AHR dress yet?  

Ok, I will have to check with Marvin about renting some things as well. We definitely don't want to drag a bunch of stuff down there and back.

As far as the stress-induced weight-loss, I've somehow managed to lose 10 lbs in 3 months without working out :( While, I've never been one to complain about weight loss- I've been cracking myself up lately because my jeans are all too big and I don't really want to spend money on jeans, right now. Right before this spontaneous weightloss, I gave away like 4 pair that I thought I wouldn't ever get in again. Kicking myself! LOL. Keep your curves! I still need to tighten up my stomach so I can get into a bathing suit- but I'm starting to feel a little lacking in the curves areas :( 

Originally Posted by JHarris View Post

Thanks SweetLe!!! All I can is that not all angles are friendly!! blink.gif I can't wait to see what my photographer got compared to my friend's shots that I posted. I love that liquify feature on photo editing! Let's go ahead and trim that part down. LOL..

That is so awesome!! You're getting married two days before I turn 33! YAY!! I love celebratory events. =)

I know! It seems like we're going to have less than 30 and we were expecting 30-40ish. I really want the dj to keep the fun vibe up but not sure if I want to pay that much. I'm not bringing any decorations with me except for the photo albums of my bridal portraits, engagement session, sign in photo book and table assignment stuff. I keep going back and forth on adding some colors since all the resort provides is white. The FI is like - I don't want to carry tons of *stuff* down there.

I asked Marvin from Maya Diseno if I could rent some pieces and he said yes! I just need to tell him what I'm thinking of renting.

JoZee - Seriously! I need to up my working out too. Kshow has such a flat stomach! I need her workout secrets!! cheesy.gif I know!!! I can't believe it's so close now. I've been reviewing my list and trying to think - am I missing something? What have I not thought of? You are!! Lucky - I haven't even started that yet. Next weekend I need to go and get mine made as well. However in Houston - there's really not a good tailor for that. The one my sister found was not good - he didn't do a good job on her dress. I haven't gotten an AHR dress. Right now just focusing on the wedding. Not even sure if he wants one. LOL....

I feel stressed and am waiting for that stress induced weightloss to happen. So far - not yet.  

Jen,

Thanks for the tip about the LED lights. Hadn't thought of those. I will have to check those out.

I'm thinking of just getting a simple white dress from like express or somewhere for going out after the reception. They always seem to have cute little party dresses.

Hi Dolls!!!!!

JHarris- you looked amazing!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos! you rocked that dress! very curvy and it looks great!!!

Ladies, my wedding is exactly 3 months away from tomorrow! I am so excited!!! I have alot of small details to take care of tho! We are having 30 people (plus the 2 of us = 32!) we were expecting about 60 so this def helped our budget! so we decided to hire DJ Doremixx! why not! lol he has been great to work with so far!

AAAHHHH SO many upcoming weddings! love it!

PS.....I met JesMcan today in person! she invited me to a inspirations event....and let me just say, she was beyond amazing (and super gorg!)! sweetest girl ever! really great to meet her! 

Thanks Bride2B22!! I'm still getting adjusted to how I look in it in photos! I swear when I put it on at the shop during my fittings I didn't look that curvy. LOL... No wonder people can get obsessed with how they look in photos!

Isn't it crazy how soon it'll be time to walk down the aisle? It just seems like we signed up on this site yesterday. Where are you having your ceremony? I saw they have a glass enclosure at the Cancun site and it looks amazing!!

That is so cool that you met Jesmcan!! How is she doing? She was super helpful with all these great tips.

Nothing wrong with keeping a little extra in your pocket. Honeymoon upgrade maybe? smile159.gif

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

Hi Dolls!!!!!

JHarris- you looked amazing!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos! you rocked that dress! very curvy and it looks great!!!

Ladies, my wedding is exactly 3 months away from tomorrow! I am so excited!!! I have alot of small details to take care of tho! We are having 30 people (plus the 2 of us = 32!) we were expecting about 60 so this def helped our budget! so we decided to hire DJ Doremixx! why not! lol he has been great to work with so far!

AAAHHHH SO many upcoming weddings! love it!

PS.....I met JesMcan today in person! she invited me to a inspirations event....and let me just say, she was beyond amazing (and super gorg!)! sweetest girl ever! really great to meet her! 

violagirl -  yay! 2 months!  i thought about getting something like a white sundress for going out after. spring season clothes are starting to come out so it's a good time to look.

i'm not really doing oot bags, just a couple of knick knacks for the bridesmaids so i figure i'll pack them together beforehand.

sounds like you've got lots checked off the list. my FI is also concerned the reception won't be fun since we have a small group  - there are 19 of us total, but i think it'll be more intimate.

maybe

JHarris - your photos are amazing! i can't believe those flowers didn't come from a fancy florist! 

------

FI's cousin cancelled as out 3 days before TA had to close up our reservations. i had a rough time trying to see if anyone wanted to fill in for them but no luck. so their roommate is stuck paying single occupancy. which they weren't happy about of course. so FI and I got stuck with paying the $300+ difference because it's not the other person's fault that he cancelled. had some drama over the money but since his cousin is out of town at the moment we don't even know if he'll repay that back. but it had to be done, this person wasn't thrilled about being in a triple occ. room.  geez, when FI's cousin first booked he was all "you know, i'm doing you a favour by going because you didn't have enough ppl for a room"  but no, we didn't really need him thankyouverymuch. he caused more grief than anything with spreading his irrational fear of getting kidnapped (what makes him so special?!)  glad he's not coming.  lol, is that mean?

hard time sleeping thinking about all this wedding stuff....ugh, and i've probably got a long monday ahead. but thought i'd finally gather my diy projects and share them since i got these ideas from the ladies of BDW.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/70972/rosieposie-s-diy-athon-with-pix#post_1568444

look at them makes me happy, i think DIY projects have been keeping me from freaking out over all the little things because being focused keeps my mind from wandering. lol, FI thinks i went overboard. oh well.

Rosie! OMG!! I love your DIY projects. They look simply amazing. I love the little asian characters. Very cute!! You are quite the crafty girl!! If I had more time - I would love to spend it working on fun projects like that. Your silk flowers are gorgeous. And it turns into a fun keepsake as well.

So sorry to hear about your FI's cousin. That is just rude and terrible. We're going through a similar issue with his sister. She didn't even bother to tell us first or ahead of time - so now I own a dress that cost me $200. We totally could have helped her with expenses if that was the real reason. And get this - she canceled with our travel planner first and told her to not tell me! Imagine my surprise when I talked to my travel agent. Good times.

In your situation - I agree you're better off without that person. He sounds like a grump! How nice he thinks he's kidnapping worthy. LOL... All you can do is take a deep breath!

oh! Are you doing a DJ or ipod? We thought we would have closer to 30 but it looks like it's just barely over 20.

Originally Posted by rosieposie View Post

hard time sleeping thinking about all this wedding stuff....ugh, and i've probably got a long monday ahead. but thought i'd finally gather my diy projects and share them since i got these ideas from the ladies of BDW.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/70972/rosieposie-s-diy-athon-with-pix#post_1568444

look at them makes me happy, i think DIY projects have been keeping me from freaking out over all the little things because being focused keeps my mind from wandering. lol, FI thinks i went overboard. oh well.

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if you could help me out..

Does the royal provide any type of centerpieces for the table with any of the packages? We are going with the Eternal Romance package!

Also some people mentioned they bought linens for the tables..I thought this type of stuff was taken care of if you purchased a package...anyways. I know they do not provide table runners and colored sashes for chairs but for the reception do they cover the tables and head table with white linen?

Thanks so much!!!