ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Hey Speedy - I was going to do a menu also! I am thinking about using Vistaprint since they are usually pretty cheap or just making the menus on my own using Microsoft Publisher and doing the printing at Kinkos or something. 

For pre-maritial classes, we took an 8 week (sundays only) session at our non denominational church.  The classes were great! Can't say enough about them. The good thing was that anyone could attend the classes (they were group sessions) regardless of if you went to the church or not and the whole thing was completely FREE!!!  The sessions included an Introduction, Finance, Affair Proofing, His Needs / Her Needs, Communications 1, Communications 2, Intimacy, and I forget the other topic. Maybe you can find a church near you that does the same thing???

I haven't booked the excursion yet but I have been in constant contact with the operator - Cancun Discounts. If you google them, they will pop right up. I had to wait until people finished booking, which was like yesterday (seriously!)...For private tours, the pricing is based off of how many people you have.

Originally Posted by speedy130 View Post

Diahr-

Sounds like you have things organized, even if it doesn't feel that way!!  I am skipping programs and a cake topper.  I am also just putting one menu on each table.  Personally I never really saw the point of the program, especially at a small wedding.  As for the cake topper, I agree with you, expensive and what will you do with it after?  Gotta stay on budget somehow!

Couple of questions...What did you do for pre-marital counseling?  Thinking of that myself.  And completely unrelated...who did you book your excursion through?

You must be getting so excited!!!!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My WC said the 3 entrees were cool as long as I told her the number of each in advance (I gave the final count last week). I guess it depends on which you choose though.. I didn't push my luck and look at the luxury menu lol!!  You also get the vegan option as well. I just hunted people down to get them to tell me what they wanted. 

I did pay extra to have to side dishes though. I think it was like $2 USD per extra side ($40 for my group). Each entree comes with one side already but me and my family are serious foodies! We need extra always..

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

Diahr- OMG sounds like you have everything under control! awesome!!! so happy for you!

i have one question for you (LOL) are you having your guest choose from 3 different entrees? if so, how did you get your WC to do this for you?

I cant wait to see your planning thread and wedding pics! i am sure everything will be amazing!

Hey JHarris - I just had a bridesmaid drop out. :(  She is the friend I've know the longest in my life - since 3rd grade.  But I completely understand her reasons...Lots of reasons!

I had already paid for half of her BM dress and for a personalized gift I bought.  Luckily, my back-up BM has the same first name.  LOL

The only person concerned about the safety in Mexico is my mom, but I keep reassuring her and reminding her that we live in Houston.  The crime here is not any better!

I remember seeing someone asking about the rehearsal dinner and rehearsal.  My WC also told me they don't do rehearsals.  So strange to me, but I guess we'll run through it with just her a few days beforehand.  We are still going to try and have a rehearsal dinner.  We really want to have it outside of the resort and my FI's parents have offered to pay for it, so we're researching some restaurants.  Everything seems to be $35+ per person though and that's not including alcohol.  Kind of worried though about spending so much... 

Some updates from me...My wedding dress came in!  I have to go and try it on and start looking for an alterations place very soon!

So far, plus the bride and groom, we have 26 people booked!! YAHOO!!  cheers.gif

I just asked my WC and she made a request for me to also have 2-3 entree options!! now i just have to decide which ones i want and hunt down my guests and find out what they want!

and great idea about the sides! i had no idea you can add extra! seriously worth the money!!

Thanks for the advise!!! woot.gif

Originally Posted by diahr View Post

My WC said the 3 entrees were cool as long as I told her the number of each in advance (I gave the final count last week). I guess it depends on which you choose though.. I didn't push my luck and look at the luxury menu lol!!  You also get the vegan option as well. I just hunted people down to get them to tell me what they wanted. 

I did pay extra to have to side dishes though. I think it was like $2 USD per extra side ($40 for my group). Each entree comes with one side already but me and my family are serious foodies! We need extra always..

yay for your dress being in!!!!!

we also have 28 people including us, booked! and i want it to stop lol......since our package includes 30 people i dont want to go over....all the important people are booked so thats all that matters!

Good luck with everything!

Originally Posted by speedy130 View Post

Thank you for the advice as well diahr! 

I'm googling cancun discounts and local premarital programs now...

We arrive on the 19th in the evening! Maybe I'll catch a glimps of your reception!

Looks like we're very similar. We have about 20 people going too, and decided on a private reception (lol, also due to the reviews and all here) and going with an ipod instead of a DJ.

As long as you have playlists set up and label certain songs for certain times (if you want) i've head they do a great job.

=)

Originally Posted by dimax21 View Post

SweetLe,

My wedding is May 19th, 2011, and we decided to have a private reception. We have about 20 people going. I couldn't decided to do private or semi-private (because of the small group) but after reading many reviews, the private reception sounded like the best option. We also decided to go with using our Ipod instead of hiring a DJ. I hope this all works out. :) Good luck with your wedding!!!

YES!!! i had 4 guys totally "freak out" over all the recent news. 2 of which have now paid in full and booked their flights, after a lot of contemplating - lol, they said they'll stay inside the resort the entire time (we'll see). 1 shortened the length of his stay (which I didn't find out about until I suddenly received a flight itinerary) so then his roommate is left paying single occupancy for the remaider of the 2 nights (so since it's my FI's close friend, he decided to foot the difference). THEN the last person - really really worried about getting kidnapped in mexico (what makes him so special, right?) and cannot fly via the US due to his immigration status or something, but doesn' t want to fly via Toronto. There aren't any direct or return flights coming home through Calgary unless we adjust days. I've had it with this person and rather him not come at all then.

On the other hand, if he doesn't come then his roommate is screwed and stuck paying single occ, which since it's FI's cousin - no doubt FI will pick up the slack on that too. final payment is due soon and this person has been vacationing in asia the past few weeks. so is he coming? is he not?

sorry, i know it sounds selfish and b*tchy, but these people just make me crazy.  

lol, i hope my sanity can be regained after the wedding.....i hate feeling like jittery crazy lady!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHarris View Post

Hi Gals!

Have any of you had issues with guests all of a sudden backing out of the wedding bc of all the incidents happening in Mexico? We've assured everyone that is not Playa del Carmen and none of those areas are near it. Plus the resort is private. We indirectly found out that my fi sister and brother in law decided to pull out last minute. They gave us multiple excuses - how lucky are we? I'm pretty upset bc I already paid for her dress. Luckily we hadn't bought the guys suits yet. I'm more upset at the fact that we called them about something else and then they were being weird on the phone and after teeth pulling - they told us. I wonder if and when they were planning on telling us. ggrrr......

Anyway - did any past brides pick the trio or quintet to play during cocktails? In the package it says Mexican Trio - is that the same thing as Mariachi? 

Hello Brides,

I am four weeks away from my wedding date.  We are having a small wedding, 14 guests total.  The wedding is at 4 pm, 4:30-6:00 pm toasting, cake, drinks, etc. and then the semi private dinner at 6 pm.  Do to the small size of the wedding and my wedding party, a dancing reception really doesn't work for us.  Does anyone have any ideas of what I could plan to do with my guests after the dinner?  

Thanks!

Arica