ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Originally Posted by melsramey View Post

Lisa your pictures look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  Our wedding is June 19th 2011 and I had previously decided to go with the resort photography, but after seeing your pics I decided to book Ivan! 

Did you reserve a room for him or just book him as a non-real wedding guest? 

Thank you, you're so sweet. I got a room for him next door at GPR for like 189.00 (although security did give a little bit of grief when he was trying to go back and forth from hubby's room to mine.) Ivan is great! Your pictures will be beautiful!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ladies, their a lot of new bride on here now!   This site is SUPER helpful! I know it sounds crazy but if you get a big glass of wine and read through the pages you find out A LOT of information to you questions already plus little tips from past brides. 

Geo- If your looking for a good TA their is one on here named Wendy, she's really helpful and has been to the royal many times.  If you search through this site for her name she should pop right up.  Personally we decided to go with a local TA which turned out to be a wise choice for us.  You can get group discounts and things like that, but people do say they are going to go and then back out last minute.  We also had a lot of our guests say they would be able to find a better deal them selves and booked through like orbitz or travelocity.  From what I understand if you book with a block you have to guarentee like 10 rooms or something and we wouldn't have come close with people booking themselves.  (I could be wrong about the 10 rooms)  As for the photog, read the first post on page 809.  Hope this helps you.

I am also working with Wendy and she is AMAZING!! remember, she can PRICE MATCH. so if the packages her company are providing are found elsewhere (like expedia etc) they will price match.....TA Wendy has been incredible to work with.

Originally Posted by JoZee84 View Post

Hi ladies, their a lot of new bride on here now!   This site is SUPER helpful! I know it sounds crazy but if you get a big glass of wine and read through the pages you find out A LOT of information to you questions already plus little tips from past brides. 

Geo- If your looking for a good TA their is one on here named Wendy, she's really helpful and has been to the royal many times.  If you search through this site for her name she should pop right up.  Personally we decided to go with a local TA which turned out to be a wise choice for us.  You can get group discounts and things like that, but people do say they are going to go and then back out last minute.  We also had a lot of our guests say they would be able to find a better deal them selves and booked through like orbitz or travelocity.  From what I understand if you book with a block you have to guarentee like 10 rooms or something and we wouldn't have come close with people booking themselves.  (I could be wrong about the 10 rooms)  As for the photog, read the first post on page 809.  Hope this helps you.

Originally Posted by Rissa519 View Post

Jharris.... thanks for the advice, i was leaning towards finding a good travel agent for everyone to use, I thought it made sense as well, I was just curious if their discount when you called them was worth it they have been very vague about what the discount would be. Also... the WC at the royal told me that they arrange the vendors, even the DJ? I wanted to get the pricing for DJ Doremixx that so many have used and gave great reviews, and the WC told me they make the arrangements with them, I was wondering if anyone else had the resort do this? Is it more expensive to have the resort plan it? I had sent an email to the DJ directly for pricing and package options but haven't had a response from them.

Thanks

Rissa -

We are using destinationweddings.com ourselves. Going local may be easier if most of your guests live in your area. The resort handles all the planning - your agent just arranges travel. Although they can help with the planning. It just depends on what kind of planner they are. My guests received a 30% discount. However they had to put a room deposit down - $200 for double occupancy and the minimum is 10 rooms to keep your discount. The resort does specials during late summer to early fall to get people to book. If you're okay with waiting you can get a great rate. That's what we did. We got an early booking discount in August and got 10 rooms reserved - so now any guest gets the rate too.

Just tell your resort coordinator what you want and need and they'll arrange it for you. They can be slow in response - so keep that in mind. I'm sure you read that 1,000x on here. LOL 

Jharris and Heidi82..........thanks fror all the great info I have already been in contact with them and they have been super helpful so far I have been working with Missy and she is really responsive. That is a great idea to have the TA login into the base camp acct so they can communicate directly with the WC. Heidi82.....when you blocked the rooms did you just block the royal? Or did your block also include the gran Porto? I am curious because we have some guest bringing children and would like them to have the same advantages available Thanks for all of your help!

Hello Ladies!  I'm so glad that I found this forum because thinking about planning our DW was causing me so much anxiety.  All I knew is that I wanted to do a DW, but didn't know where.  Behold..I found this forum and discovered the Royal PDC.  We just put our deposit down for May 27, 2012! Yay!  There's been so much info out here..I've reading and reading and reading..love it!

The discussion on getting a TA is appropriate for me since I'm trying to figure out the best way to book our guests.  We are going to use a TA and I've already reached out to Wendy.  I'm sorting out the details and will let everyone know what shakes out.

Originally Posted by Rissa519 View Post

Jharris and Heidi82..........thanks fror all the great info I have already been in contact with them and they have been super helpful so far I have been working with Missy and she is really responsive. That is a great idea to have the TA login into the base camp acct so they can communicate directly with the WC.

Heidi82.....when you blocked the rooms did you just block the royal? Or did your block also include the gran Porto? I am curious because we have some guest bringing children and would like them to have the same advantages available

Thanks for all of your help!

Rissa -

My block is has both Royal and Gran Porto. The best man and one of my bridesmaids are bringing their children but we're providing childcare services during the wedding events. We did a mixture of room styles so we could have it in our room blocks for discounts. In case someone wanted a beach front walk out or large suite. 

hey kd1116 - I saw your question about room rates and wanted to respond, but the forum isn't letting me quote for some reason. I'm telling guests to budget $350/night and reminding them that includes meals, drinks, accomodation, everything. the royal's rack rate is $450+/night, but as someone mentioned earlier, the resort runs 30% off specials. my fiance and I are planning to watch their website and let everyone know when rates are lowest (anticipating a sale in fall of this year for our wedding in may 2012).