ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

My WC said the burlap aisle runner is only for the beach and cannot be used at the gazebo and the red aisle runner is only for the gazebo(obviously). I think I am going with no aisle runner and just scatter rose petals like others have mentioned. I think it will look really nice. Otherwise, you could always bring down double side tape of some sort to stick an aisle runner down so it doesn't blow away.

Another question, I am bringing some decorations for the gazebo like paper lanterns and such... do I need to bring my own string to hang them up??  and the chair bows I am bringing, do I need to pre-tie them before I get down there or will they do all that for me?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Suzy,

That's odd because my WC knew I was getting married at the gazebo when she offered up the burlap runner as an option.

For the paper lanterns, go to the "Royal In Playa Del Carmen All Inclusive Spa Resort" tag.  I think that's what it's called anyway.  Click on reviews..There's one by Smckinney22. The Royal did a great job with her lanterns. You should PM her to get the details since she just did it a few months ago.  Hope that helps.

fd dfd.I I  You I need to find out about the chair bows as well. I am doing the same thing.

Originally Posted by Suzy831 View Post

My WC said the burlap aisle runner is only for the beach and cannot be used at the gazebo and the red aisle runner is only for the gazebo(obviously). I think I am going with no aisle runner and just scatter rose petals like others have mentioned. I think it will look really nice. Otherwise, you could always bring down double side tape of some sort to stick an aisle runner down so it doesn't blow away.

Another question, I am bringing some decorations for the gazebo like paper lanterns and such... do I need to bring my own string to hang them up??  and the chair bows I am bringing, do I need to pre-tie them before I get down there or will they do all that for me?

Has anyone had a slideshow done for them that they watched at their wedding or during their time at The ROYAL with guests? My bridesmaids put together one of those movie slideshows with pictures and music for us and we wanted to show it the day before the wedding, but we aren't doing any kind of private event welcome dinner type thing, so I'm not sure how or where it could be set up for our ~40 guests. Any ideas?

Only two more weeks! I can't believe it! Kelly

diahr, Thanks for the info.  I did not know about a burlap runner, I'll have to ask.  I have no idea what a burlap runner would look like!

I guess it would blow away, that is a good point.  I think you are right, it will still look nice without a runner with petals.  That is probably what I will do.   I might want to see your pictures when you get back, my wedding is after yours!!  cheesy.gif

Hi ladies,

Sorry to have been MIA. I 've been sick with the flu and my husband pulled a muscle in his back. What a sad pair we make! We just had this HORRIBLE snow storm and were not able to gid rid of our snow so we had to pay someone 100.00 to shovel around our car and a walkway. Our other car is still stuck in the garage. SMH-it's really awful!

I hope everyone's planning has been going well!

Kshows-good for you that you got Doranna! I LOVED her! Please tell her Raveyn said hello.

Someone asked about the DJ--I thought it was so overpriced but my husband is a music man and felt that no one could move a party like a DJ-then, I started thinking of ways to go with a standard dance floor. My DH was set on the light up--Almost two months later and I will still tell you-I AM THRILLED THAT WE GOT BOTH!  That is one of the things that people are still talking about! People who see our pics are in awe of the dance floor. It really added to the party! There was a party that was a little down from ours with a plain floor and it paled in comparison! If you have the $, I would definitely say splurge and GO FOR IT! Someone else asked for photos. Here's our blog from the photographer

http://www.victorherrera.com.mx/blog/?p=2230

Hope everyone's planning is going well!!!!!

msglave,

Your pics are beautiful! I'm so jealous! Jess and I are STILL waiting for our from November. They were both slated for 8 weeks, and here we are at almost 11 and 13 weeks :-(.

I couldn't agree with you more about the DJ and light up dance floor. It was soooo fun and it made the pics (from what I've seen of family pics) incredible. The lighting he brings is awesome too

Hello Ladies!!

Welcome to all new brides and congrats to all the upcoming February 2011 brides. YAY!!! 

KShow - can't believe your time literally around the corner!!! It's going to be beautiful. I was looking at Houston Boudoir Photography. Glad to hear you really liked them. 

Anyone that visited Playa del Carmen - Did anyone check out a place called La Palapa Hemingway? I was watching Rachel Ray's Tasty Travels and she featured a 30min show on Riviera Maya - Playa del Carmen and our Resort!!! I got some great ideas for other places to hang out with our guests. Just curious to know any thoughts. 

JoZee - love your invites. You did a great job. Can't wait to "run" into you down there in June!!

Hey Lisa! Cute pics from your AHR! Thanks for the compliment. Our wedding was 12-11 and we were sent  the link to all of our pics the first week in January. Did yo ever get your video?

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

msglave,

Your pics are beautiful! I'm so jealous! Jess and I are STILL waiting for our from November. They were both slated for 8 weeks, and here we are at almost 11 and 13 weeks :-(.

I couldn't agree with you more about the DJ and light up dance floor. It was soooo fun and it made the pics (from what I've seen of family pics) incredible. The lighting he brings is awesome too