ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Ladies - For anyone interesting in having their FI rent tuxes or suites for the wedding...

I was hanging out in the 2011 Brides forum and one of the girls told me that she attended a wedding in St. Lucia and the groom and groomsmen rented and brought tuxes from Mens Wearhouse with no problems. They just had to rent them for a week. 

Yaaay!!! My two maid of honors (i couldnt choose between my two bfs) have officially booked for the wedding. I now have 10 people, including myself and my FI. I know it's not a lot, but the people that matter the most to me have booked (aside from my FI's dad / wife mad.gif ) 

Now onto the groomsmen....and all of the people waiting to get their tax refunds! smile67.gif

These discussions are so incredibly helpful to me! We booked our wedding at The Royal PDC last July and are getting married February 19th of this year... it's so soon! At first the slow replies from the wedding team didn't bother me too much, but now its really starting to frustrate me! We have 35 people coming and staying at the Royal and with our wedding less than 50 days away, we still have no other decisions made besides when and where our ceremony and reception are. My WC is Jael. Does anyone else have her and if so, are you able to get a response to your questions in a decent time frame? Or anyone have any suggestions for trying to get some of the other details planned? 

I have questions about almost every aspect - from flowers to time frame to DJ to food. HELP! 

Also, for flowers, we were thinking of ordering bulk from SAM'S club and then just going to pick them up and wrap the bouquets ourselves while getting ready the morning of the wedding. Has anyone else done this or recommend doing this? Thank you so much!

Kelly

Diahr,

Don't wait for the tax refund!  I think I read from this thread that someone did that, and by the time the refund arrives, the hotel was fully booked!

Kelly,

My wedding is in July, Claudy is my WC online and Zuma will be my on the ground WC, and usually I get a reply within 2 days.

Diahr - we checked out Men's Wearhouse as well, but for the price to rent for the time frame we needed it (7+ days) it was actually the same as just buying the stupid thing.  Really dumb in my opinion, but most places charge per day.  We actually odered my fiance's suit online from SudioSuits.com.  They have $99 mixed linen suits with a few different options in color.  As long as you measure him properly, its a really good deal.

Kelfrecks - My wedding is Feb 12th, and we are wrapping up all final payments and have chosen everything that we want.  Sounds like your coordinator is a little behind.  As long as you are pretty decisive on what you want, it shouldn't be a problem, but your coordinator should send you a list of several document attachments for you to look through.  I would really get on her if I were you.

Thanks for the feedback about Men's Wearhouse! Of course I got all excited, thinking that I had found a solution.  I know this may sound stupid, but does the linen come in heavier grades of fabric? I am asking because I attended a beach wedding last summer where the guys wore linen. It was hot and they sweated like pigs at a bonfire. The linen color that they wore was light, so they had these huge wet spots in random place where the sweat gathered. I wondered if it was because the linen fabric was cheap????

Originally Posted by kshows03 View Post

Diahr - we checked out Men's Wearhouse as well, but for the price to rent for the time frame we needed it (7+ days) it was actually the same as just buying the stupid thing.  Really dumb in my opinion, but most places charge per day.  We actually odered my fiance's suit online from SudioSuits.com.  They have $99 mixed linen suits with a few different options in color.  As long as you measure him properly, its a really good deal.

Kelfrecks - My wedding is Feb 12th, and we are wrapping up all final payments and have chosen everything that we want.  Sounds like your coordinator is a little behind.  As long as you are pretty decisive on what you want, it shouldn't be a problem, but your coordinator should send you a list of several document attachments for you to look through.  I would really get on her if I were you.

Kelly - I did not realize you could order bulk to sam's club!  I was thinking of doing my own bouquets etc.  Another Royal bride did this, smckinney22.  She talks about it in her review too.  She told me there were a few flower shops in PDC, so that was my plan.  Did you talk with Sam's club about ordering to Mexico like that?  I'd love any info you have!  I can send you the info on the other flower shops if you want, just PM me :)

Dianhr - We got my FI's suit at Macys actually!  It isn't linen, but it is cotton, lightweight.  I agree with your point about linen, and it gets wrinkled so easily and I didn't see any suits that I liked where the material looked good.  I just tried to stay away from any type of "wool blend" suit!

Hey Kelly,

Try not to worry. I didn't know there was a Sam's club in Mexico.  What time is your wedding? That might be a lot of travel for you on the day of your wedding unless the wedding is late.  Have you tried reaching out to Marvin from Mayan Diseno Floral? He's an outside vendor and his prices are way cheaper than the Royal's. A lot of girls on here have used him. Also, you can have someone meet him in the lobby of the Royal to pick up the flowers and avoid the vendor fee.  The only catch is that you have to pay him in cash.  PM me and I will send you his contact info or you may be able to find it by doing a search for "Marvin" in this thread.

DJ - A lot people use DOREMIXX.  He is also a Royal vendor you don't have to pay the vendor fee.  That's like $800 and out of my budget, so I think we will be using an Ipod.  The Royal will provide the sound system but you have to pay someone there to operate it.  I think that cost is $80.

Decorations - The royal does provide chair sashes for rentals in a variety of colors but they're expensive at $3 USD each.  I bought 50 for half of that from Raza linens (I got them on sale).  PM me if you need the sash colors that the Royal provides.  Are you doing an aisle runner? The Royal provides one in red and burlap I think.  I am doing just rose petals (got those from Marvin to at $10/bag.

Also - if you go to the Royal weddings website, you can click on downloads under Packages & Services and it will show you an itemized list of what's available.  Are you on basecamp? That's the site where I email my WC - Andrea. She's very responsive.  WeddingChannel.com has some great checklists for you to look at so you know what's missing and what questions you should be asking.

Ask as many questios as you need to here. Everyone is very helpful!

Kelfrecks - My wedding is a week after yours on February 26th (we're arriving on Wed the 23rd so we may see you there!).  I think I finally have all of my decisions made on all of the details but to be honest, I really only started looking into and thinking about the details in the past month or so (we have a new house which has been consuming my time too).  My WC is Claudy (she's great and always quick to reply, typically within a day) - she sent me lots of brochures many months ago of all the things the resort offers so between looking at those options and of course reading the discussions on this thread (so helpful!), it wasn't too stressful so I'd definitely contact your WC asap or call the WC's office to try to get some feedback.  As for flowers, you could do the DIY option but that sounds like a bit of work on what should be a relaxing, exciting morning so it might be nice and worth the expense to have a vendor do the flowers for you.  Many people on this thread have recommended Marvin from mayadisenofloral http://mayadisenofloral.com.mx/ and his email address is: marvin@mayadisenofloral.com.mx.   GG      Good luck and let us know if you have any luck with your WC!