ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

I'm having the same issue with them :( They sent mine almost 4 weeks ago and I have still yet to receive it. I just emailed them this morning asking if they could re-send a new DVD. I'm anxious to see it! Good luck! 

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

My dallas AHR is coming up next weekend 1/8 -yay!  I have been asking Funever to send me the dvd video of the ceremony so I can play it at the AHR and they keep telling me it is sent and to wait until Jan 1 O_o because it was sent on Nov 30th. Arrgh lol

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it depends on when the sun sets & when people leave the beach.  there may be people around.  but there is security to keep people out of your reception area.  there were bystanders at my ceremony (1 hour before sun set) who took photos & watched, but they were respectful & i didn't really realize they were there.

Originally Posted by Suzy831 View Post

Thanks so much for the pics!! It helps a lot with planning... My reception is at 6pm on the beach, do you think that there will be too many people on the beach at that time?? Do they rope off the area from the public at all??

Msglave so sorry to hear about the make up craziness!!! :( I am so happy everything turned out in the end and you looked beautiful!

ChicagoBride don't worry :) it will all come together and your day will be perfect

Ladies I do have to say I know Fernando is expensive but it is seriously worth every penny, he is like the hair and make up whisperer lol we got a couple of sneak peek pics back so here you go. Our pictures are suppose to arrive Jan 2nd and I am just dieing to see them!!!

I am just going to test one out first since there as been some issues with posting images

2ccvtyh.jpg

TA Wendy here...

I was at the Royal in early December and observed a number of weddings including some "Faux" ones that the resort put on just to give us Travel Agents an idea of what they could do! Very cool, especially the Mayan Ceremony.. that was just really great!

As to the question about privacy on the beach.. if your reception is in front of Pelicanos you are right next to the pier, and people can walk out on it and will be able to see the festivities, but they do seem to keep a respectful distance, and I did not notice any issues with interlopers causing troubles.

If the wedding is on the beach in front of the Gazebo, it is a little public, and people will watch the wedding, but I saw people being respectful of the brides and grooms and guests, and did not notice any rudeness or people horning in...

Love the Royal! It is a great choice for anyone considering their location!

Raveyn, that's just NUTS. i'm surprised he still has a business! Your makeup looked great so glad it worked out in the end!

Jess, saw the teaser. I LOVE it!

I had my ceremony by Pelicanos and people were walking by behind us but they did keep their distance. One thing I didn't like is that a reception was already set up right next to the ceremony so you could see empty tables and chairs and there were some people already sitting down. That's only thing I didn't like but we had a beautiful ceremony so it was all good! :)

Originally Posted by MichaelandAraceli View Post

Hi Ladies

I just got back on Sunday night and EVERYTHING turned out AMAZING! We booked The Royal last November and it's been such a long wait...I can't believe it's over.

We were in Playa for 10 nights and we had 80 degree days and sun...EVERY day! The day of my wedding was 84 degrees ( a bit hot) so by the time we had our first dance we had a few rain drops come down for about 5 minutes (if that). The people at the resort told us the first two weeks of December were very chilly at night (unsual for them) but by the time we got there on the 16th- the weather was perfect. It sounds like we lucked out! I brought a sweater and a pashmina and I didn't use either any of the nights.

Also, Zulma was super calm and sweet! I got my hair and makeup done at the Spa Azul and I loved how my hair and makeup turned out. The vilonist we hired did a great job and DJ doremixx did great- all of our guests LOVED the light up dance floor we got (we had a beach reception infront of Pelicanos). Finally, we hired Jonathan and his assistant from Del Sol/La Luna and they were great to work with. I can't wait to see their work. I'll work on a more specific review ...I'll try to have it up this weekend. Good luck to all of the 2011 Royal brides- you'll love it! Happy New Year! 

Details 179.jpg

232323232fp633_6_nu=7678_965_259_WSNRCG=33574679;634_nu0mrj.jpg

232323232fp733___nu=7678_965_259_WSNRCG=33574738_234_nu0mrj.jpg

OMG Araceli! You look soooo beautiful and I looooove your ENTIRE look- it is classic and will look gorgeous and timeless even at your 50th anniversary celebration :-)

Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post

I'm having the same issue with them :( They sent mine almost 4 weeks ago and I have still yet to receive it. I just emailed them this morning asking if they could re-send a new DVD. I'm anxious to see it! Good luck! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

My dallas AHR is coming up next weekend 1/8 -yay!  I have been asking Funever to send me the dvd video of the ceremony so I can play it at the AHR and they keep telling me it is sent and to wait until Jan 1 O_o because it was sent on Nov 30th. Arrgh lol

Yeah, I emailed them again last night and I got a reply from a different person who said he sent it out again today via fedex.  I hope i get it this time! lol  Ladies, who have photos/video included in your package. I mentioned in my review that I would have never known that I was supposed to get my pics and video from funever. No one ever told me I was supposed to lol. I just happened to go to their booth to buy a pic from the romantic dinner and she mentioned that my wedding pics were ready. I picked out my 20 frames and she burned them there for me. I wish they would have mentioned that my video was ready, too!

Raveyn,

I was totally trying to catch a glimpse of you on the webcam and was so bummed they turned it toward the beach on that day! lol You looked beautiful and i love the blue sash (my fave color). I'm so sorry you had to stress about the makeup :-(.

Ladies, like Jess said, Fernando is the shiz. I loved sitting in my room getting ready and he was sooo funny. I've actually talked to him a couple times since and he is gonna call me when he visits Dallas in a couple mos lol. His assistant did a fantastic job with my hair...and that is no easy feat because it is down almost to my waist and is THICK and wavy. Do yourself a favor and hire them!