ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshows03 View Post

Aw, Lisa, what a great planning thread!  I am so happy I am not the only girl who picked a "full blown" dress!  Mine is a Maggie too!  I got the Adorae.  I was second guessing it after seeing all these great flowey dresses, so thanks for that little bit of inspiration! I hope you have an amazing wedding!  Thanks for sharing! cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bride2bdebbie View Post

Lisa, you are amazing!! Awesome planning thread... wow girl... YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!! If I only do half of the things you did, I will be HAPPY:) Enjoy enjoy enjoy every minuite of it.

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post

Okay, tired as hell....hehehe but i did it:

Planning thread:  http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/65917/lisa-dso-s-royal-pdc-planning-thread-pics-a-go-go#post_1490005

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post

Yes! Wheelchairs are available! One of my guests hurt herself at the airport (she's an older, dramatic woman). When I went to see her in her room she was in a wheelchair, the Royal was very accommodating! 

Originally Posted by msglave View Post

Does anyone know if the resort has wheelchairs available?

Wow Lisa!!! Just a few more hours!rolleyes.gif

Lisa, GREAT planning thread and BEST WISHES!! Congratulations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoZee84 View Post

Welcome back Giraffexx, can't wait to read your review. 

For Past Brides or people who have done site visits.  Do you have any recommendations for specific room numbers? For the wedding we choose a master one bedroom oceanview.  Has anyone stayed in one of those rooms that has pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak View Post

So I looked up the forcast and it says showers for wedding day!!! I'm waiting to see the hour by hour forcast!! I just want pictures on the beach....

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post

Hey Ladies!! I'm back, tanned and MARRIED!! My wedding was AMAZING!!! I can not say enough great things about the Royal, my WC Lili, and all the vendors that helped make our day perfect. I am going to post a full review shortly, just trying to get back to reality right now.

Happy wedding day Lisa and to all the upcoming brides :) Just relax and enjoy every moment, it flies by! I still keep playing it over and over in my head, it feels like a dream.

In the meantime, my friends have bombarded my facebook page with pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them, friend me on FB (Karen Arbasetti).

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Congratulations Karen and welcome back!! So glad everything was wonderful... Can't wait to read all about it.

Quote:

So I looked up the forcast and it says showers for wedding day!!! I'm waiting to see the hour by hour forcast!! I just want pictures on the beach....

Awe FutureMrsYak... I hope it's perfect for you! I know allot of times it says rain but it could only be for a few minutes. Best wishes!! ;)

Congrats Karen!!!! I am so glad that you had a wonderful wedding.  I think I can speak for all the noobies when I say that every great review from a just married Royal bride makes us feel so much better about our upcoming day.  Can't wait to see your pictures. 

Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post

Hey Ladies!! I'm back, tanned and MARRIED!! My wedding was AMAZING!!! I can not say enough great things about the Royal, my WC Lili, and all the vendors that helped make our day perfect. I am going to post a full review shortly, just trying to get back to reality right now.

Happy wedding day Lisa and to all the upcoming brides :) Just relax and enjoy every moment, it flies by! I still keep playing it over and over in my head, it feels like a dream.

In the meantime, my friends have bombarded my facebook page with pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them, friend me on FB (Karen Arbasetti).

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Well that's good to know. Can't believe it's coming so soon. OMG! Anyone else work with Michel? Hope everyone had a great holiday!

I'm working with Michele, I really haven't had much to really ask her. But she took care of everything I needed. I meet with her Tuesday when we get there. I did email her and gave her all the bridesmaids appts and she responded within 10 mins and confirmed they have been set up.

Hey Ladies. I hope that everyone had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! With that...I need to do some serious venting and I think only my Royal brides and brides to be will understand. So after my father-in-law (and his wife - my FI's stepmom) guilted us into coming over to there house for Thanksgiving before leaving to go to Philadelphia to visit my family, they dropped the bomb on me that they didn't think they would be able to make the wedding. This is the very first "backout" that I have had.  I know we would get some, but not my FI's dad for EFF sake!! I gotta be honest and say this is devastating to me. My father-in-law and his wife have known since we got engaged over 6 mos ago that we were doing a destination wedding.  They were one of the core people that I considered before committing to the idea.  We are extremely close to these people. And now....they backout?!

The reasons (more BS to me) include "I can't get the time off of work" (my father-in-law works in the school system, his wife is a Realtor), "I have to equip my jeep with shocks and a trailor" (they are allegedly moving to TX in June and are driving), and "We have to get ready to move" (again, they are moving allegedly in June, our wedding is in April). WTF?! Am I crazy or is this complete BS? Please be aware that my father-in-law owns his home and he makes almost if not 6 figures. Come on....! They even went so far as to get their passports a few months ago further leading us on that they were going! I think at the end of the day, they are just scared. I would have rather been told that than the money bs coming from people that obviously have money.  Did I mention that they tried to get us to go away with them for Christmas?!

I don't know how to feel, but we are at the point of no return. The photog, wedding stay and honeymoon, and wedding date are booked. My MOHs are booking this weekend. I am so pissed. These people have been involved everystep of the way. I seriously have no desire to even speak to them, but my FI says that is being bitter. WTF ever... ! Than my father-in-law had the nerve to ask me to throw a AHR when we got back. My response - absolutely not! We (my FI and I) are paying for 100% of this wedding by ourselves.  Our family has chipped in nothing nor have they offered and my 6 figure earning, BS spewing, scaredy pants father-in-law wants us to incur even more costs (we are not rich folks) and throw a party to make him and his wife feel better / involved?!  Screw that!!!!  I told him that I am paying for nothing else. If people can't come to the wedding, that's their business, but my FI and I will not be paying for anything else. We want to invest everything in our wedding day when we commit to each other forever. Jeesh!!! Sorry for the long post but I had to get that out. Woke up with steam still coming out of my ears!!  So So pissed.

Diahr- WOW! I cant believe you are going through this, especially with your FI's dad! WTF! how can they back out....i am so sorry you have to go through this.....i cant even imagine! especially since you have everything all set and booked...what do they expect you to move your wedding and change everyhting?? I think it's safe to say that the show must go on. they could've said something 6 months ago and on top of that they should've been honest and told you that they are just scared to go to mexico......you can't force people to go  if they are scared, so i think that's a legit excuse.....but to say they have no money when they obviously do, it's complete BS..........and you should obsolutely not have to throw a AHR just to please them, especially if you guys are paying for everything...........i wish you luck with everything girl! Keep us posted!

Thanks Bride2B22!!! I really appreciate your understanding. Sometimes I think I am seriously in the twighlight zone!

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

Diahr- WOW! I cant believe you are going through this, especially with your FI's dad! WTF! how can they back out....i am so sorry you have to go through this.....i cant even imagine! especially since you have everything all set and booked...what do they expect you to move your wedding and change everyhting?? I think it's safe to say that the show must go on. they could've said something 6 months ago and on top of that they should've been honest and told you that they are just scared to go to mexico......you can't force people to go  if they are scared, so i think that's a legit excuse.....but to say they have no money when they obviously do, it's complete BS..........and you should obsolutely not have to throw a AHR just to please them, especially if you guys are paying for everything...........i wish you luck with everything girl! Keep us posted!

Originally Posted by diahr View Post

Hey Ladies. I hope that everyone had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! With that...I need to do some serious venting and I think only my Royal brides and brides to be will understand. So after my father-in-law (and his wife - my FI's stepmom) guilted us into coming over to there house for Thanksgiving before leaving to go to Philadelphia to visit my family, they dropped the bomb on me that they didn't think they would be able to make the wedding. This is the very first "backout" that I have had.  I know we would get some, but not my FI's dad for EFF sake!! I gotta be honest and say this is devastating to me. My father-in-law and his wife have known since we got engaged over 6 mos ago that we were doing a destination wedding.  They were one of the core people that I considered before committing to the idea.  We are extremely close to these people. And now....they backout?!

The reasons (more BS to me) include "I can't get the time off of work" (my father-in-law works in the school system, his wife is a Realtor), "I have to equip my jeep with shocks and a trailor" (they are allegedly moving to TX in June and are driving), and "We have to get ready to move" (again, they are moving allegedly in June, our wedding is in April). WTF?! Am I crazy or is this complete BS? Please be aware that my father-in-law owns his home and he makes almost if not 6 figures. Come on....! They even went so far as to get their passports a few months ago further leading us on that they were going! I think at the end of the day, they are just scared. I would have rather been told that than the money bs coming from people that obviously have money.  Did I mention that they tried to get us to go away with them for Christmas?!

I don't know how to feel, but we are at the point of no return. The photog, wedding stay and honeymoon, and wedding date are booked. My MOHs are booking this weekend. I am so pissed. These people have been involved everystep of the way. I seriously have no desire to even speak to them, but my FI says that is being bitter. WTF ever... ! Than my father-in-law had the nerve to ask me to throw a AHR when we got back. My response - absolutely not! We (my FI and I) are paying for 100% of this wedding by ourselves.  Our family has chipped in nothing nor have they offered and my 6 figure earning, BS spewing, scaredy pants father-in-law wants us to incur even more costs (we are not rich folks) and throw a party to make him and his wife feel better / involved?!  Screw that!!!!  I told him that I am paying for nothing else. If people can't come to the wedding, that's their business, but my FI and I will not be paying for anything else. We want to invest everything in our wedding day when we commit to each other forever. Jeesh!!! Sorry for the long post but I had to get that out. Woke up with steam still coming out of my ears!!  So So pissed.

Ohhh wow! so sorry this is happening.  It's quite rude of them! 

But it's YOUR day and no one else's so I wouldn't change a thing!   I bet they change their mind right before the wedding.