ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

YAY!!! NOVEMBER BRIDES!!!! Congrats to all the brides getting married this coming week!!

Jes- can't wait to hear all about it!! Crossing my fingers your flight is smooth!!  =)

ChicagoBride - great choice! So glad to hear it worked out and you have your dress!!

I second that - Jcrew is a great place for bridesmaid dresses and they are always having a sale. I'm buying my girls dresses as a thank you for coming so I chose dresses from Priscilla of Boston. If you keep an eye out PoB has sales throughout the year as well and that's another way to save. 

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi ChicagBride2011,

I absolutely love your dress, it is simply beautiful. Congrats... sooo exciting!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post

I cannot tell you how excited I am for all the weddings coming up in the next week!  Good luck to all and enjoy YOUR day!  smile03.gif

BTW-  I bought my wedding dress today!   Ended up going with Maggie Sottero RD1044.   The bridal shop tracked down a sample for me and I went this morning to try it.  I honestly thought I was going to hate it in person and it was the type of dress that only looks good on the model and so did my bridesmaids but luckily we were wrong. 

Large View of the RD1044 Bridal Gown

So excited over here for all the November brides... I'm a whole year away so I will be living vicariously through you all. I can't wait to hear all about your special days everyone!!! Enjoy and congratulations!!! Oh and to see more pictures... I swear it's the highlight of my day when I find pictures on here of a wedding I haven't seen before. Lol

SMcKinney22 - Thanks so much for the recommendation.  Now that you mention it, I feel like most resorts do that when you check-in.  I will just do an "activities" listing with locations named.  Its not like the resort is huge anyway.  Thanks lady.

Jesmncan - Don't forget about daily savings.....not that you'll sleep tonight anyway  smile03.gif

Good luck this week.  Knowing you, you'll rock it out!

ChicagoBride2011 - So excited you picked that dress!  It is so beautiful and elegant and meets the "beach appropriate, but still a wedding gown" criteria.  Yay Maggie!  It is such a great thing to check off your to-do list.  Nice

Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post

I was going to do this as well but I read that they give each guest a full blown map of the resort when they check in.  Sure enough, they were right!  So if you want to save money then don't bother with the maps since they're provided.

A few ladies have asked about reception locations.  My best advice is to go with the beach reception.  Especially if you're not having your ceremony on the beach & in the sand.  Give your guests a true "beach" wedding and go for feet in the sand :)  We had 40 guests and the best option was the beach in front of Pelicanos.  It was large enough for the whole party.  The other 2 beach locations are nice but are a bit smaller so if you have a smaller party they'll work too.

Ladies you are all so amazing and I could not have done this with out your support

so the planning thread is up!!! http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/65328/jesmcans-pic-filled-royal-kool-beach-club-planning-thread#post_1476857

I am sorry some pics are big some small sad.gif I do not know why. I wish I could go back and make the planning thread later but we leave in a few hours so...... I should probably get some sleep ahahaah

I can't wait to share the big day with you guys

xxxxooooo

Jess

Everything looks great! Have a wonderful wedding trip!

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

Ladies you are all so amazing and I could not have done this with out your support

so the planning thread is up!!! http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/65328/jesmcans-pic-filled-royal-kool-beach-club-planning-thread#post_1476857

I am sorry some pics are big some small sad.gif I do not know why. I wish I could go back and make the planning thread later but we leave in a few hours so...... I should probably get some sleep ahahaah

I can't wait to share the big day with you guys

xxxxooooo

Jess

Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post

I was going to do this as well but I read that they give each guest a full blown map of the resort when they check in.  Sure enough, they were right!  So if you want to save money then don't bother with the maps since they're provided.

A few ladies have asked about reception locations.  My best advice is to go with the beach reception.  Especially if you're not having your ceremony on the beach & in the sand.  Give your guests a true "beach" wedding and go for feet in the sand :)  We had 40 guests and the best option was the beach in front of Pelicanos.  It was large enough for the whole party.  The other 2 beach locations are nice but are a bit smaller so if you have a smaller party they'll work too.

Thanks for the advise. I definitely want to incorporate the beach somehow!

Yay! I actually had a co-worker recommend J.Crew and now I see that a lot of girls on the forum recommend it as well so I'll check it out. Well, I see it the same way as you do...they got it out of the way! My bridesmaids are actually the one's who keep asking me when we are going to look for them so I'm actually a little embarrassed that they have to remind me. I should be on top of this! Oh well, with work and planning and all, I'm just so busy.

Anyway, good luck with everything and I guess we'll be planning right along side eachother!

Originally Posted by risa1818 View Post

Hi Maritza! Yay another June bride! I had very similiar Save The Dates made too! I"ll have to post a pic so you can see. Very cute :)

I had my bridesmaids buy dresses from J.Crew. They have a bridal line. When I found the dresses I wanted them to buy they were on sale so they got them for like $150 which I thought was pretty reasonable since they are really nice quality and don't neccessarily look like a bridesmaid dress. Unfortunately they were discontinuing the color I wanted so they all basically had to buy them right then. I felt really bad asking them to buy them right away and so far in advance ( our date is June 12) but at least they got it out of the way haha. I would take a look on there or I know David's Bridal has some very reasonably priced dresses too.

Happy Planning cheesy.gif