ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Hi Ladies!

I am leaving tomorrow and am SO excited!  I think everything is set!  Packed my clothes and OOT bags up.  Now just the things like camera...sunscreen etc.  Got my wax done yesterday and it was more painful than I remember, yikes!

The sucky part is that I had  a sinus infection the past week..but now finally the antibiotics are kicking in luckily.

Meeting with Lili on Thursday and then the big day is Saturday.  I printed out all the stuff to go over with her and my sis (who used to plan weddings) has her own task list, haha.  I'm getting my hair/makeup done there and using Funever Photos (which I am really nervous about but was the most reasonable price).  So I'll let everyone know all about it...I come back on Nov 9th.  We are leaving right from Mexico for 7 nights in Belize!  Can't wait to let everyone know how it goes!!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats Debbie!!!!

Originally Posted by bride2bdebbie View Post

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just booked our wedding date at The Royal Playa Del Carmen - Nov 20. 2011... sooooo excited, just had to share.

Thanks again everyone for all the wonderful info on here!!!

OMG Natalie have an amazing time!! I wont get to talk to you till we return, we leave on the 7th and back on the 14th. We will be giving you shout outs on Saturday. have an amazing time!!!

Originally Posted by Natalie79 View Post

Hi Ladies!

I am leaving tomorrow and am SO excited!  I think everything is set!  Packed my clothes and OOT bags up.  Now just the things like camera...sunscreen etc.  Got my wax done yesterday and it was more painful than I remember, yikes!

The sucky part is that I had  a sinus infection the past week..but now finally the antibiotics are kicking in luckily.

Meeting with Lili on Thursday and then the big day is Saturday.  I printed out all the stuff to go over with her and my sis (who used to plan weddings) has her own task list, haha.  I'm getting my hair/makeup done there and using Funever Photos (which I am really nervous about but was the most reasonable price).  So I'll let everyone know all about it...I come back on Nov 9th.  We are leaving right from Mexico for 7 nights in Belize!  Can't wait to let everyone know how it goes!!

hey ladies - just a quick note re the aisle runner. the thing about the red runner is although it clashes with nearly everything, it is HEAVY. I believe that previous brides who purchased their own (even the monogrammed ones) were unable to keep them sufficiently weighed down during the cermony, even with the coordinator and staff's help. it would be nice if the royal would invest in a white runner, but until then I think they'll remove the red one at no charge and you can simply go without. alternately, you could use either real or fake flower petals. the royal sells the real ones for $20 per bag and recommends 5 - 10 bags to line the aisle. customs won't let you bring real ones, but I think they're fine with the fake petals. and the royal doesn't have any concerns about the fake disrupting wildlife, etc.

Originally Posted by kshows03 View Post

For girls worries about the Red aisle runner, I have already talked to my WC about it.  My colors are pink and lime green so there is NO WAY in heck I am having a red aisle runner....though it looks really pretty in other peoples pictures.  My wedding corrdinator said that they do not have a white one as an alternate, you will have to bring your own.  The Red on they have is approximately 59' x 5'.  (Pretty dang big).  I have found a place (www.chapelrunners.com) that now have them cheaper than I have seen them for $109 (50' x 3') or $129 (75' x 3').  This comes with a custom monogram on it and free shipping (to the US).  I have also seen them at Wal-Mart believe it or not for $20.00 for plain white (not sure on the lengeth). 

Also, I still have not chosen a photographer!!  Yikesss!!  We were just going to go with a larger package from the people the Royal provides "Funever" but I looked at their website and was so disappointed.  I am a picture freak, and I would die if we had bad wedding photos.  We had pretty bad engagement photos....so now I am super sensative to it!  Anyone have a quote from Ivan?

Also I was thinking for those who say your photog can't go into the room with you, if you are getting the package, you could just use the photographer that comes with the package and use him/her for that hour or two and then when the ceremony is starting, you can use your "real" photographer.  Just a thought!  I still need to decide what in the heck I am going to do!  smile35.gif

Hey! If you're interested in a Houston photographer - I absolutely love mine!! His name is Steve Lee, www.steveleeweddings.com, you can even find him on FB. He just shot some fun engagement pics. His office is in the Heights. He has a destination package. You don't have to pay separately for his room and flight - it's all built into the package. His pricing is around the same level as Elizabeth Medina and possibly Ivan. The best part is - he has shot at The Royal before and knows the layout. He has alot of stuff built into the package - all I added to mine were bridal portraits and an engagement signing book.

I included him as my guest and he's staying at The Royal - so no vendor fee! YAY!! I asked my WC if we can have everyone in my room 4hrs before wedding starts bc we plan on taking pictures before the ceremony starts and she said no problem.

I have a few girlfriends that know someone or have used him and their photos are amazing. He's really easy going and loves the creative stuff. For our engagement session we're going to Forbidden Gardens in Katy wearing traditional asian dress and then going to chinatown off of Bellaire for fun shots in normal clothes. We're doing a theme, East meets West.

I also know of another photograher, her name is Dianna, email: dianna@karellephotography.com, www.karellephotography.com, office is in Spring area. She does alot of destinations and is very reasonably priced.

Let me know if you want more info on either of them.

Originally Posted by Natalie79 View Post

Hi Ladies!

CONGRATS NATALIE!!! Can't wait to hear what you have to say!! Belize sounds amazing!! Glad to hear your feeling better for your big day. YAY!!! cheers.gif

THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER FOR FANTASTIC PICS ON A BUDGET is who I just used: 

LuzMaria Avila

http://www.luzmariaavila.com/category/weddings/

For $750, I got 4 hours of coverage, starting in my room with getting ready, some classic portraits, then the ceremony, then normal "beach pics" with family and wedding party...then a TRASH THE DRESS session!  it was AMAZING!!!!! 

This included about 200 digital pics, a professional video slideshow to our wedding song, AND, a handcrafted GORGEOUS wedding album with all the best photos. PLUS, she did this DURING our trip. She met us at the airport and delivered everything - DONE. She is AMAZING!!!!!!

Here website is in the process of being updated, so our pics aren't up yet (we got married on 10.11.10)

Here is our Wedding Video Slideshow to our Wedding Song (Two is Better Than One, by Boys Like Girls featuring Taylor Swift)

http://video214.com/play/HVCPcnnE1IzYwCfRYJYhmQ/s/dark

Originally Posted by kshows03 View Post

For girls worries about the Red aisle runner, I have already talked to my WC about it.  My colors are pink and lime green so there is NO WAY in heck I am having a red aisle runner....though it looks really pretty in other peoples pictures.  My wedding corrdinator said that they do not have a white one as an alternate, you will have to bring your own.  The Red on they have is approximately 59' x 5'.  (Pretty dang big).  I have found a place (www.chapelrunners.com) that now have them cheaper than I have seen them for $109 (50' x 3') or $129 (75' x 3').  This comes with a custom monogram on it and free shipping (to the US).  I have also seen them at Wal-Mart believe it or not for $20.00 for plain white (not sure on the lengeth). 

Also, I still have not chosen a photographer!!  Yikesss!!  We were just going to go with a larger package from the people the Royal provides "Funever" but I looked at their website and was so disappointed.  I am a picture freak, and I would die if we had bad wedding photos.  We had pretty bad engagement photos....so now I am super sensative to it!  Anyone have a quote from Ivan?

Also I was thinking for those who say your photog can't go into the room with you, if you are getting the package, you could just use the photographer that comes with the package and use him/her for that hour or two and then when the ceremony is starting, you can use your "real" photographer.  Just a thought!  I still need to decide what in the heck I am going to do!  smile35.gif

LuzMaria Avila is the sweetest thing! the only reason we did not book her was because we didnt want to be limited to the number of pictures we were getting........i dont want just 200 pictures of my wedding day! i take more than 200 on a night out with my friends lol .....she is really awesome though and her work is not bad at all.....

LuzMaria - yes, she's great for those on a budget AND who want amazing pics.  Here are some of my faves.

There are lots of fantastic photographers, but most are very expensive. With LuzMaria, you can have the best of both worlds:

post-23597-13862214987_thumb.jpg

post-23597-138622149879_thumb.jpg

post-23597-138622149887_thumb.jpg

post-23597-138622149895_thumb.jpg

post-23597-138622149928_thumb.jpg

post-23597-138622149935_thumb.jpg

post-23597-138622149941_thumb.jpg

post-23597-138622149947_thumb.jpg