ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Chicago Bride -

I got my dress in June and they told me it would take 6 months to get in - so Dec 2010 I should get my dress. Then alterations for my dress. I have also have a bridal session scheduled in April/May - so I need my dress to be ready by then. I would definitely start finding a dress now. If you buy off the rack then you can take it with you immediately but if your dress has to be made - you're looking at some serious fees they love to tack on. If you fit the sample and there's nothing wrong with it - you can ask if they'll sell you the sample if you're in a pinch.

Jes-

OMG!!! Thank you for posting all those pics. That place is simply amazing!! I may have to have my rehearsal dinner there now!! The space is absolutely perfect!! I love it!!

RunningBride -

Congrats!!! I can't believe your big day is already here!! Have an amazing time. It'll be perfect and beautiful!!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post

Hey fellow Dallas bride! Yup I'm in Dallas too! I work in Plano but live near Addison :) I'm at work (not working) just waiting for today to be over. I'm off work tomorrow to go get our marriage liscense and them our plane leaves Thursday! Getting excited!!

Congrats on your big day!! WOW!!! So many lucky ladies getting married this week. Have a fantastic time!! I know it'll be amazing!! WOOT to all the Texas brides!! Try and relax if that's possible!!

Originally Posted by GC2008 View Post

Hi All,

i will be getting married at the Royal on Apr. 10 2011.  I have a few questions and hoping to get some advice:

1.  is a beach reception better at the Royal or Gran Porto?

2.  is it a pain to stay at the Royal when all of our guests are staying at the Gran Porto?  We need to stay at the Royal in order to have the wedding there but im concerned about not being able to spend time with our guests and being able to have my bridal party stay with me the night before the wedding...

3.  how expensive the the Glass Bar restaurant for a private welcome party?  any other suggestions for places to hold a welcome party?

any suggestions/info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

-Cat

Cat - did you ever get any of your questions answered? Let us know if not! Welcome to the thread!! It's a great group of ladies!

Originally Posted by JoZee84 View Post

Yes, our wedding date is June 15th. Good to know about the concert.  I didn't send out invitations yet but i'll let my bridal party and immediate family members know about the rooms.  Hmmm, I wonder what kind of concert it will be? I hope their music doesn't interfere with yours  sad.gif

Here is a picture of what I think we're doing for center pieces.  I know their tall and the people at the tables won't really be able to see across to the person sitting opposite them but what ever they looks cool! haha.  9505 $50 Center.jpg My girls are 9348 $45 Bridesmaids.jpg  and mine is 9256 $40 Bride.jpg

Marvin said they won't have to be put together so I can jsut have a brides maid put them on the tables for me.  YES! save $350 thank you!  Still worried about make up and hair though, I actually went with my sister for her wedding trial and again hated it! Maybe I'm just too picky. 

JoZee - Are you having a beach reception or indoor reception? If you see a girl in traditional dress walking by - that'll be me! So cool to have a buddy!!  =) I decided to do tea ceremony during rehearsal dinner. Everyone will arrive on Wednesday so it'll be a fun thing for them to experience. I didn't want to load our wedding day with activities. Been there and done that at another wedding and it was exhausting.

Is anyone else thinking of doing like a group dance with the bridal party? I was thinking an 80s montage or maybe a simple salsa dance. =)

Originally Posted by Jenny310 View Post

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to say that I had my bridal shower this weekend and it was really great!!! My mom and sister did most of the planning and then my bridesmaids and other 2 sisters did the decorations. I had such a great time!!!!

Just wanted to share how happy I am this weekend!

Oh and we decided the location for the reheral dinner. We are doing it at El Bistro at La Tortuga Hotel.

YAY!!!!

Hi Jenny! I am new to the forum but I have already done tons of research. I wanted to have my rehersal dinner at El Bistro at La Tortuga Hotel also.  How did you get in contact with them? I sent an email, but no replies as of yet. Also, do you know how far the restaruant is from the resort? I am have some nervous nellies with me with everything that is going down in Mexico right now. Can you share any pricing info? Thanks so much and sorry for all the questions.cheers.gif

Hi Diahr welcome!

What e-mail did you try to contact them at? try this one elbistro@hotellatortuga.com, they got right back to me. It is only a block way. You literally walk out of the resort up the street onto 5th take a left, and its the first street on your right. You walk down and its right there on your left.

Here is the pricing: I love the menu for the cocktail food :) I wanted so bad to have our reharesal here but the terrace I think comfortably would fit 50 max sad.gif we have 85

Like I said we go here every year and love it so much! even as a recommendation for guests to eat off the resort I would definetly recommend EL Bistro which is their restaurant. It is attached right to the hotel.

BASIC OPEN BAR (ONE HOUR)

NATURAL & MINERAL WATER, SODAS, NATIONAL BEER, WHITE & RED HOUSE WINE AND NATIONAL COCKTAIL (piña colada, margarita, mojito)

10 USD PER PERSON *

Please add 11 % IVA & 15% service

* change of the day

≈

NATIONAL OPEN BAR

SODAS

Coca cola, Fanta, Sprite, fresca, manzanita,

BEERS

SOL, XX LAGER, XX AMBAR(OSCURA), BOHEMIA, SUPERIOR,

SPARKLING WINE

Ivon LescompteBrut, Petillant, (Baja California, MEX)

WHITE & RED WINE

Cabernet, Merlot, Sauv. Blanc, Chardonnay (B. Calif., MEX)

TEQUILA

Sauza 3 Generaciones, Jose Cuervo Tradicional, Jimador blanco, Centenario blanco, 1800 blanco, reposado, centenario reposado.

RON/MOJITOS

Bacardi blanco, Bacardí anejo, Bacardí solera,

Mojitos Frozen (recomendación de la casa)

VODKA/GIN

Smirnoff, Wiborowa

WHISKY & BURBOUN

Johnnie walker red label,J&B

(ENERGY DRINKS ARE NOT INCLUDED)

20 USD PER PERSON *

* change of the day

INTERNATIONAL OPEN BAR

SODAS

Coca cola, Fanta, Sprite, Fresca, Manzanita, Ginger Ale

BEERS

SOL, XX LAGER, XX AMBAR(OBSCURA), BOHEMIA, SUPERIOR,

SPARKLING WINE

AndreBrut (California), Freixenet, Cordon Negro (España)

WHITE WINE

Sauv. Blanc / Chardonnay / Pinot Grigio / Salento Rosato

RED WINE

Merlot / Sangiovese / Pinot Noir / Cabernet / Shiraz

TEQUILA

Corralero reposado, Don Julio Reposado, Jimador reposado, Herradura, reposado, Cazadores reposado, Sauza hornitos Reposado, 

Clase Azul, Edición Especial La Tortuga (recomendación de la casa)

RON/MOJITOS

Bacardi blanco, Bacardi anejo, Bacardi solera, Havana Club, Havana Reserva 7 años, Appleton white, Appleton especial , matusalem, Captain Morgan, Mojitos Frozen   (recomendación de la casa)

VODKA/GIN

Smirnoff, Skyy, Absolute, Beefeater, Gray goose, Tanqueray, Bombay Wiborowa, Velvedere, Stolichnaya

WHISKY & BURBOUN

Johnnie walker black label, J&B, Jack Daniels, Buchannanâ€s, Chivas Reagal, Jim Beam

(ENERGY DRINKS ARE NOT INCLUDED)

35 USD PER PERSON *

* change of the day

INTERNACIONAL / INTERNATIONAL
Champiñones con crema al eneldo
(Champignon with dill cream)
Montadito mediterráneo de Atún, con tomate y perejil
(Mediterranean bite with tuna, tomato & parsley)
Montadito de Salmón, con verduras y queso crema
(Salmon bite with vegetables & Cream Cheese)
Bocado de salmón en vinagreta de eneldo o balsámico
(Salmon brochette with dill dressing or balsamic dressing)
Caprese Brochette
(Cherry tomatoes brochette, mozzarella cheese and pesto dressing)
Montado de Mousse de Queso crema al chipotle
(Soft cheese with Chipotle touch, on rustic bread)
Brusqueta de Berenjena
(Egg plant bruschette)
Canapé de queso de cabra y mermelada de fruta
(Goat cheese mousse with fruit jelly canapé)
Canapé de queso de cabra, serrano y cilantro
(Goat cheese mousse with Serrano pepper and coriander leaves on rustic bread)
Canapé de queso de cabra, a la menta
(Goat cheese pillow with mint dressing)
Rollito de queso azul y pera
(Phyllo rolls with blue cheese and pear mix)
Brusqueta mediterranea con champignones y hierbas finas
(Brusquette with herbs butter and olives)
Brocheta de camarones con salsa de piña con coco
(Shrimp brochettes, pineapple and coconut dressing)
Brocheta de camarones con queso crema y jengibre
(Shrimp brochettes, soft cheese and ginger dressing)
Canapé de queso suave y espinaca
(Phyllo paste, soft cheese and spinach mix)
Mini Quiche Lorraine
(Petit French pie with Gouda cheese and bacon)
1005 El Bistro at La Tortuga Canapes Menu.doc
INTERNACIONAL / INTERNATIONAL (cont….)

Mini Quiche de flor de calabazas
(mini Quiche with pumpkin flowers)
Perlas de melón envueltas de jamón serrano
(Traditional Spanish canapé with roasted red peppers and prosciutto)
Canapé de tres pimientos y uvas
(Three mousse chili peppers with grape topping)
Montadito de salmón y crema chantilly
(Cracker above Chantilly cream with salmon topping)
Tempura de Camarón
(Shrimp tempura)
TEX MEX
Montados de Pan Rustico o Tortilla con las combinaciones siguientes:
(Rustic home made bread above the following combinations):
Chile Poblano & Maíz
Poblano Pepper & Corn
Molletes
Black beans, cheese au gratin & Mexican sauce (onion, tomato & coriander)
Papas con Chorizo
Potato & Mexican sausage
Picadillo
(meat, potato, tomato, vegetables, raisins)
Pollo con Mole
(Chicken in Mexican Sauce)
Huitlacoche con tomate y queso de cabra
Aztec mushroom (huitlacoche) Pate with Tomato & Goat cheese Sauce
Tinga (Pollo o Res al chipotle)
(Chicken or meat stuffed with sauce)
Brocheta mini de Pollo o Res
(Chicken or meat Fajita minibrochette)
Tacos dorados (pollo, res, jamón)
(Fried tacos, Chicken, Meat or ham)
Sincronizadas
(Ham and cheese with flour tortilla)
Assorted Burritos
(Fried tacos, Chicken, Meat or ham)
1005 El Bistro at La Tortuga Canapes Menu.doc
FOOD BALLS
Croquetas de carne
(meat balls with vegetables)
Tortitas de papa
(Potato & Cheese)
Croquetas de avena con queso
(Oat & Cheese Croquette)
Dedos de pescado
(fish fingers)
Kibis de carne molida y semilla de calabaza
(meat balls with sunflower seed & wheat)
Jamòn serrano y queso
(Prosciutto & Cheese)
Pollo y queso panela
(Chicken & rustic cheese)
De chile poblano y maiz
(Poblano pepper & Corn)

Price per unit: USD 1.0 each. Please add & 15% Service Charge
All prices in this list are for budget purposes. A final quotation will be sent upon the client selection.
Los precios de esta lista son una guía de presupuesto.
La cotización final se envía conforme a la selección de los canapés.

Originally Posted by diahr View Post

Hi Jenny! I am new to the forum but I have already done tons of research. I wanted to have my rehersal dinner at El Bistro at La Tortuga Hotel also.  How did you get in contact with them? I sent an email, but no replies as of yet. Also, do you know how far the restaruant is from the resort? I am have some nervous nellies with me with everything that is going down in Mexico right now. Can you share any pricing info? Thanks so much and sorry for all the questions.cheers.gif

OMG Jesmcan!!! 

You are the best!! I tried to contact them by filling out an info sheet on-line but I could have defintely got it confused with another place.  This is awesome!!  Going straight to the FI afterwork with this.

-Thanks again!

Dcheers.gif