ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post

I know Lady_Di your hair looked beautiful :) I believe Nikki that Di used Norma from the MAC store in Cancun and her assistant.

Thanks Jess! Are you sending Fernando pictures on how you want your hair/makeup? Anyone know about his assistant (the one that does the hair)?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post

Thanks Jess! Are you sending Fernando pictures on how you want your hair/makeup? Anyone know about his assistant (the one that does the hair)?

Hi I am having a trial here before I go and bringing pics down. Plus don't forget we have a hair trial with him to :)

Hi Ladies,

For anyone who is thinking about going to the MAC location on 5th for make up I had my friend call for prices today. You have to purchase $70 worth of product when you have your trial done and $110 worth of product the day of the wedding. They also said you have to have a trial. Just to let you know...

I'm checking out the special packages listed on the website to include in my pre travel brocure to my guests. I see golf at Playacar Golf Club is included if you book a certain type of room. Has anyone golfed here, and did you have to mention to them beforehand or while booking that you want the golf package, or can you just have them set a tee time while you are there?

thank you!

Hey Ladies! I hope everyone's planning is going well! I am pretty sure Di used Fernando for hair and Norma from Mac in Cancun for makeup. I am booking my hair with Doranna and I think I'm going to go with Adrianne from Studio H/Waves to airbrush my makeup. We are also in the process of booking Victor Herrera for our photographer. I am happy that things are FINALLY starting to fall into place. We are just shy of four months and I was starting to feel panicky.

On another note, I sent yet ANOTHER email to corporate and to Zulma with the subject Dissatisfication with wedding coordinator/planning services and got a reply. I'm hoping that they continue to reply to my questions.

Any new ladies who read through this board when trying to make a decision, know this-Everyone who gets marries at The Royal love it and everything seems to work out in the end. However, they are HORRIBLE at responding to your inquiries. If you need to feel like you have someone's attention who really prioritizes your wedding while in the planning stage and/or expect answers to your questions from the coordinators in a reasonable amount of time, this IS NOT the resort for you.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Lisa, how was our legal day?????cheer2.gifYay for you!

i may be in the minority on this....but over the past few weeks my wedding coordinator has been great! i have been rather busy with my sister's wedding that is in a few weeks so i haven't had a chance to concentrate on my own too much (which is in nov) but my coordinator has emailed me a few times, out of the blue, to ask me if i have any questions or anything she can help me with! then i have sent a few emails to her....and it took a day or two to respond to me, but i was fine with that.  i know how busy they are, and just look at how many of us there are on this board, think of the # who aren't here! and dealing with all their demands etc.  i know people have had problems, at the beginning of my planning i lost my ceremony time and confusion with my dj/confirmations etc, but i'm trying to not let things bother me and everything seems to be going great! i don't want to jinx myself here....but i just don't want people to think EVERYONE has these problems, you know? i've also been dealing with catamaya, and although they are very accommodating etc, they take up to a week to respond.  i think that is just how things go down there, you know? anyways, i just wanted to throw that out there :) i'm getting very excited and so are all my guests, and am very confident the wedding with be great! and it's a destination wedding, i wanted it to be more relaxed, stressfree etc, and so far i don't have too many complaints! my biggest complaint is we are getting more guests booked then we expected....so our per person charges are whats killing us, but how can i really be upset when we have such a great turn out? just gotta go with the flow and be excited for your perfect day! :)

Randi, that is good that your WC has been great. Unfortunately, several of the brides who I talked to and who are on this board have had planning issues. 

Note: Any new brides who are booking/considering booking your wedding here, if you read this thread from the beginning to the end, you will see that several brides have had problems contacting their coordinators. Basically, it's a crap shoot. You may get a good WC, and you may not. When I first booked my wedding, the WC office was in Michigan. Their were several brides having problems with their coordinators. While I felt bad for them, fortunately I didn't have problems. When they decided to make the move, all of my communication problems started.

New brides, you need to be aware that the WCs are overworked. However, that is no excuse for your emails to go ignored and unanswered. In addition to paying the rates to stay at the resort, you will spend lots of money planning your wedding and your guests will spend alot of money going. I feel as though with the amount of money my FI and I are spending, we deserve to have our questions answered in a timely manner. 

The fact is while this resort is beautiful and I'm sure your guests will love it, most of the planners here suck. Several brides location/time, etc. have been changed (including mine) due to their lack of communication. As someone who is shelling out money, time and energy for what will be one of the biggest days of your life, you need to be aware of the problems that brides have had here. While I am looking forward to having our wedding here and being pampered, there have been alot of stress that could have easily been avoided if the WCs did the job that they are paid for and respected the brides emails/questions.

You should NOT feel obligated to call the office or email corporate to get questions answered that is part of their job description. So, a I originally stated it is a crap toss as to the kind of service you will get and you need to be aware of that when deciding to book your wedding here. One reason we decided on a DW was for less stress too, but i f you are a person who is very anal about communication and having your questions answered in a reasonable amount of time, it may not happen. It is very difficult for me to just "go with the flow when I am planning my wedding!" Some way, all of the weddings end up working out in the end, but the stress leading up to it is ridiculous. If I didn't have the brides on this thread...

Two weeks ago, I sent an email to our WC and to corporate because I had sent several emails that went unresponded. Well, the subject had our wedding day and time in it. Our email went unanswered. Two weeks later, I sent another with the subject DISSATISFIED WITH WEDDING COORDINATOR/WEDDING SERVICES. Then, my email was responded to within two days. The WC claimed that she had never received any of my previous emails. That told me one thing, if your wedding is not super close, they won't even read your emails.

New brides, as I previously stated, yes the WCs are overworked but when it comes to your wedding, that you are shelling out money for, do you want to feel neglected? That's something that is likely and I think you need to be aware of that--not only the good with the great reviews but how your planning process could be.

Hi ladies,

Has anyone used or is going to use a live band instead of a DJ?  Is this even do-able for a beach reception?  I emailed my WC asking her but you ladies are always so helpful, any feedback would be great. :)

msgalve I feel your frustration, however keep in mind that all weddings have turned out amazing!  I don't think I've read a negative thing from recent brides.  Also, before deciding on The Royal  we were in contact with many many other resorts and believe it or not their communication was even worse and some didn't even speak English, we would get Spang-lish responses and have to de-code them, it was ridiculous!

I'm still 8 months from my date so I havn't been contacting them too much lately, but I hope they get their act together for all of us.  Keep us updated!!