ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

I am doing the classic package and was told my guests will not have an option i can only have one selection of salad, dessert and main course. I was also sent the menu that had all different options. I was told by my WC today that I don't have to select my options only from the page that says classic package, I can choose from any menu. Which I'm very happy about because I wasn't too sure on anything under the classic page.

I'm getting married in Dec but I never asked about upgrading to hot hors d'oeuvres...I am doing a cocktail hour but was just going to serve whatever they normaly serve, no upgrading...

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie79 View Post
Oh no!! I was told I can have chivari & hot hors d'oeuvres too! She quoted me a $15 charge for hot hd's. That is not good, I'm going to email by WC (Angie) and see what the deal is.
Let me know what she says! I am very curious! I wrote back that I didnt think it was fair that what I was told would not be honoured.

I have not submitted my stuff in yet but since I am almost 3 months away i think I am going to do that in the next few weeks and see what they say about the cocktail hour. I was told $10 pp for the hot apps and that it was open bar. I have it in writing so I def will have an issue if they try to change it. I was also told I could have the chivalari chairs and I have already made all my ceremony programs and they are hanging off the chairs.

Also any ladies who are looking for a catamaran I found a really great place. http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/P...kelingTour.htm

They are the cheapest for the ones that include steak and lobster. Their rates also includes transportation which I thought was awesome.

I might be backtracking a little on both questions, but did anyone use the videographers from the resort? If so, were they satisfied? I have these prices but don't know what each package includes. Zulma is so busy that she hardly ever responds. I really miss Julie. Does anyone know what these packages include?

MOONLIGHT$ 1199 USD

SUNSET $ 799 USD

SUNRISE $ 499 USD

Extra hour of service $ 150 USD

You all who got your hair/makeup done at the resort, what were your thoughts? Do you have any pics? Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I book outside. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Ken View Post
Hello,

Elsa is my wedding coordinator and I just had a question about the cocktail hour.

I was originally quoted 10 dollars per person to upgrade to the hot hors d'oeuvres with the open bar. Elsa is now telling me that hot hors d'oeuvres are no longer available, but if I have an email saying that she can specially request them but it will now be 20 dollars per person. I think this is totally unfair!

Is anyone else getting married between now and December who is doing this upgrade so I can use this as bargaining leverage? I'm angry and super frustrated!

Also, I have been told that I CANNOT have the chaivari chairs anymore either sad.gif

WTF?!?!? That is not cool. Let's not let them get away with that. I have an email stating 10 bucks each as well and by God, that is what I'm paying lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
WTF?!?!? That is not cool. Let's not let them get away with that. I have an email stating 10 bucks each as well and by God, that is what I'm paying lol
I was told the same thing $5 pp to upgrade to hot food and $5 pp to upgrade to open bar. I am not bending on this. Just another reason why it is so important to keep all of these emails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
I agree! I know they have honored original price quotes in the past (ex: vendor fee changes from $100 per vendor to $350 per vendor) so I would hope that they will continue to do that. I guess all we can do is have the original documentation and go from there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Also any ladies who are looking for a catamaran I found a really great place. Playa Del Carmen and Calica Catamaran Snorkeling Adventure Tour

They are the cheapest for the ones that include steak and lobster. Their rates also includes transportation which I thought was awesome.
oooOooOo Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by msglave View Post
I might be backtracking a little on both questions, but did anyone use the videographers from the resort? If so, were they satisfied? I have these prices but don't know what each package includes. Zulma is so busy that she hardly ever responds. I really miss Julie. Does anyone know what these packages include?

MOONLIGHT$ 1199 USD
SUNSET $ 799 USD
SUNRISE $ 499 USD
Extra hour of service $ 150 USD

You all who got your hair/makeup done at the resort, what were your thoughts? Do you have any pics? Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I book outside. Thanks!
I was looking at the same thing and found this page on their website (Wedding Music, Wedding Photo, Wedding Photographer, Wedding Videos, Wedding Services|Real Resorts). I'm not 100% certain of how updated this info is though.

SUNRISE: $ 499 USD
Our service begins 15 minutes before the ceremony to capture such moments as the arrival of the guests, the beautiful bride, the groom and the wedding party. We then film the most emotional moments of the ceremony such as the exchange of rings and vows, signing the documents, spontaneous moments like tears of happiness, smiles and the first kiss as a new family. We continue with the cutting of the cake and the toast of the new couple. To follow up we take the groom and the bride to the beach and gardens alone.
Service time included: 1 hour
DVD Play time (edited): 30 minutes

SUNSET$ 799 USD
This package includes the same as SUNRISE plus the filming of a cocktail hour should your purchased package include a cocktail hour. After the ceremony, we take a group picture as well as portraits of family and friends at either the garden or beach locations.
Service time included: 3 hours
DVD Play time (edited): 45 minutes

MOONLIGHT$ 1,199 USD
This package is highly recomended for those weddings with a reception included. The package includes 6 hours of service. We film the first dance, the cutting of the cake and the all of the most important moments. Last but not least, we will individually record and film all of the guests congratulating you. This adds an emotional and unique touch to your wedding video memories.
Service time included: 6 hours
DVD Play time (edited): 60 minutes

REMARKS:
All of our packages include 1 DVD professionaly edited.
Extra hour fee $200 USD each.
If you desire, you may provide us with your own music for the editing of the DVD
Sunset and Moonlight packages estimated shipping time is 4 weeks.
* WEBCAM available on request