ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Tropical storm Alex is on the path towards playa del carmen. I feel bad for any brides getting married this weekend! Hope it's not too bad!
Yes, the sea is getting very rough (not a great day for TTD!), and yesterday was raining like CRAZY (on and off every 15-20 min), but the wedding and reception seemed to be ok...they squeezed everyone in the hallway (right in front of the ballroom), with 2-3 tables, and everyone seemed to be happy and enjoy their evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post
Hi ladies, did anyone receive an email from their WC with a website that you have to create a login and password? Just curious if anyone knows what it's for. I emailed my new WC but usually you ladies have all the answers! :)
Yep! My WC Rebekah sent me the info a couple weeks ago saying it would "help streamline the process". I think they also have the higher management having access to it as well. Maybe its just better documented for them and easier to organize? I signed up for it and have been using it. Its actually pretty helpful to keep track of things. I will say though that the very first thing I did was post a thread on there with a copy of all our correspondence so far to make sure that everything previously talked about was documented as well!

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahE786 View Post
Yep! My WC Rebekah sent me the info a couple weeks ago saying it would "help streamline the process". I think they also have the higher management having access to it as well. Maybe its just better documented for them and easier to organize? I signed up for it and have been using it. Its actually pretty helpful to keep track of things. I will say though that the very first thing I did was post a thread on there with a copy of all our correspondence so far to make sure that everything previously talked about was documented as well!

Hope that helps!
So it it suppose to show our wedding info? Mine shows nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post
So it it suppose to show our wedding info? Mine shows nothing.
I think that until there are messages posted that its basically blank. All the other pages that are there (To-Do's, Milestones, Whiteboard) are still blank on mine.

Good afternoon ladies,

I am planning on getting marry at the Royal August 20, 2011.

I spent 10 days there last year and absolutely fell in love with the Hotel and Playa. I love Cancun, but Playa is my new favorite.

Anyway, I will be getting legally marry in the state, don't want the hassle of test and all that once i am there and then having a religious ceremony (which, for us... i am Dominican it is really what counts).

Anyway, I will get Marry in the church on 5th avenue and then have the reception in the Gazebo garden, which for some reason i can't remember where it is and how it looks. I do know though that it is more private and that is why i am choosing it.

Have anyone had their reception there. My plans are to use the gazebo as the dance floor and our sweetheart table will be up there too, with some lounge furniture. Then the dinner tables will be situated surrounding the gazebo. I will have approximately 30 guests.

I just started talks with Maritza over at the Royal and just came up with the entire set up within the last 2 days.

My fiance says that he remembers where the gazebo is and that it really isn't as pretty as it looks in the pictures... is that correct?

I have read most of the post here, but it will take a while to read all of them since it keeps growing on me.

I want to thank all the brides who have taken the time to post their pictures and reviews, it really help all of those planning our dream day. Your weddings have been beautiful. I am so glad i found this site.

Again, any information for the gazebo will be greatly appreciated. And pictures will be even more. I would like to see a long distance picture of it to see if i can remember. All i have found on the web is close up pictures of the gazebo, but i need to see the surrounding area as well.

Thanks,

Luz

Also wanted to ask about a travel agent. I used to have one with Liberty travel, but had to fire her last year, after her lack of efficiency when planning our trip. I saw some of you guys mention some names, but not the name of the agency.

Thanks,

Luz

Hi Luz, welcome

Here are a couple of pictures I have of the gazebo,

xkramx.jpg

15ck58w.jpg

111s8rc.jpg

I agree that it is the most private part of the resort. We are doing our ceremony and cocktail hour at the gazebo and the garden behind it. I think it is a really beautiful area for your reception.

She has been really awesome and always get back to you very quickly.

Thank you for the pics Jesmcan,

I still can't remember where it is located, but I can now see that my ideas will fit perfectly in this space. After all my wedding is a small one.

Thanks again, I have tones of question, but want to read little more before i do so i don't ask the same.

I just found this site yesterday, and it will take a while to read the 500+ pages.