ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe1515 View Post
I don't know if this will work, but I tried uploading some random pics.

Best Destination Wedding Forum ~ The Ultimate Destination Wedding Resource
It looked beautiful & way fun! I love the detailing on your dress, too!!

Quote:
For those of you not interested in the royal makeup and hair this is a cool place I saw:
Waves Beauty Salon Playa del Carmen by Canadian Hairstylist Trevor Kohlman | Wavesplaya.com

They actually do airbrushing for makeup which i've done before and I LOVED!!! They do a free trial, pick you up from your resort and drop you back off, and even feed you. seriuosly cheap too!
How cool! Thanks so much for showing us this! I've been going back and forth about having my friend do it so I'm glad to have another option.

Quote:
LOL! I can't believe she is like that! They are really strict at The Royal about people from the Gran coming in, but if they say the wedding party they are with then they are allowed to come 30 minutes prior to the event.

A surprise that I didn't know and found out once I was there was that Zulma told me I could have 3 people from the Gran or whoever I chose to come into my room on the wedding day 3 HOURS BEFORE THE WEDDING!
Whathuh.gif That was something that would have been useful prior to me being there! I was so relieved though because my dad was at the other resort. So for you brides that have special people at the other resort...know that this is allowed!
Aww, I'm so glad he got to come over early!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexibride View Post
I'm back!!!! We had a wonderful wedding and a great day too! Yay for no rain on the 15th! Sorry to anyone else who did have rain - we saw many brides who got rained out boo! I finally got on here - I've had to catch up at work before I could do anything remotely fun. Our wedding was great - some bumps in the road but I'll do a review hopefully later on tonight (American Idol finale is tonight, so we'll see how far I get).

Here's a montage that my photographer made so you guys can get a sneak peak at our welcome dinner (at Alux), wedding and trash the dress.

animoto - Jessica & Brian's Wedding
Everything looked fantastic!!! Congrats!! Thanks for sharing all your beautiful pics!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by leivakarin View Post
Hello!

I just wanted to share what a wonderful experience my guests, fiancee and I had at this location. As a destination wedding bride, there was nothing more scary than committing to a wedding without having first worked out all the miniscule details and touring the facility a thousand times beforehand... I made up my mind on this location because of all the many positive reviews I found on this website and decided to do something very unlike me and just surrender control of things and enjoy the wedding! lol

Sharing the picture link (the royal makes a great place for unique and beautiful pictures):
Karin & Daniel

And the video link:
YouTube - Daniel & Karin's Wedding in Cancun

Best of luck to you!!
Karin, everything looked beautiful! Thanks for sharing your experience w/us!!

So, i have just a few questions for those of you who have recently gotten married at RPDC.

If you've never been married before, did you have to bring a certified copy of your birth certificate? How is the processional done? Do the groomsmen walk down the aisle with your bridesmaids or do they meet them half way? What do you think the best way to do this is? How is the currency difference? Did you exchange dollars for pesos?

I'm sure I will think of more.

i tried to attach 2 pictures, i don't know if it works or not (i'm not sure how to do it on this forum). i think you should be fine in heels on the way to the gazebo. the pictures i attached are one of me/fiance in the gazebo, the other is us standing where you would be walking down the isle/where the guests would be sitting. hopefully it works! it isn't the smoothest of grounds to walk on heels with, but i think it'll be ok :) (if the pictures don't work, and you really want to see it, let me know and i will email it to you)

hmmmm so that didn't work. here is a link to my facebook 'site visit' album.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...3400647&ref=mf

its the 5th/6th pictures. but there are also some more pictures of food/resort/beach etc. we didn't get that many great ones....we were there for a short period of time. and one day i wasted half the day sick (alcohol related) and the next day my fiance was sun sick. but at least we were able to check out the resort and calm our nerves a bit!

Login | Facebook

Ok so I am a little disappointed....

1. I can only pick one dinner selction for my guests (which is fine) expect it seems like several othe brides have been able to have more than one choice. I asked again and still was told no.

2. I pled my case for still getting into Chef's Plate (being that we booked our room last year and we are spending a lot on our wedding there, they would honor the previous policy) I was told that my message would be passed on to manager or whatever but it wasn't likely. Seriously?! At this point the resort is full, so I couldn't even upgrade if I wanted to!

Questions for past brides.......

1. Did anyone bring their own aisle runner? If so what did you do to hold it down? Zulma makes it sound impossible, that it still "flies away" but she will try and help me with it. Suggestions?!

2. Did anyone bring their own petals for the aisle? Were they fake? Did you have to pick them back up after or does the resort do that? How many did you bring?

3. Trying to decide if I should pay the $80 to have a resort staff run my IPOD at the reception. Did anyone not do a DJ? Do you have suggestions on if this is worth it?

4. DO they start the cocktail hour imediately following the ceremony? But then I am thinking there is time between the cocktail hour and the reception if it is not at the top of the hour.... My ceremony is at 4pm, then cocktail and then reception at 6pm.

5. How long does it take to get through dinner? 3 course.

6. Has anyone done the deep sea fishing trip? If so did you book before you left home? Who did you use?

7. Is it cheaper to book excursions before we leave online or at the resort? I don't want to get ripped off at the resort.

8. My photographer suggested a "break" right before the ceremony after our first look and couples pictures, to cool off and de-sweat before the ceremony... think this is a good idea? 20 mins good?

9. Is the online check in working again? Anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randi.renstrom View Post
hmmmm so that didn't work. here is a link to my facebook 'site visit' album.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...3400647&ref=mf

its the 5th/6th pictures. but there are also some more pictures of food/resort/beach etc. we didn't get that many great ones....we were there for a short period of time. and one day i wasted half the day sick (alcohol related) and the next day my fiance was sun sick. but at least we were able to check out the resort and calm our nerves a bit!

Login | Facebook
cute pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Ok so I am a little disappointed....

1. I can only pick one dinner selction for my guests (which is fine) expect it seems like several othe brides have been able to have more than one choice. I asked again and still was told no.

2. I pled my case for still getting into Chef's Plate (being that we booked our room last year and we are spending a lot on our wedding there, they would honor the previous policy) I was told that my message would be passed on to manager or whatever but it wasn't likely. Seriously?! At this point the resort is full, so I couldn't even upgrade if I wanted to!

Questions for past brides.......

1. Did anyone bring their own aisle runner? If so what did you do to hold it down? Zulma makes it sound impossible, that it still "flies away" but she will try and help me with it. Suggestions?!

2. Did anyone bring their own petals for the aisle? Were they fake? Did you have to pick them back up after or does the resort do that? How many did you bring?

3. Trying to decide if I should pay the $80 to have a resort staff run my IPOD at the reception. Did anyone not do a DJ? Do you have suggestions on if this is worth it?

4. DO they start the cocktail hour imediately following the ceremony? But then I am thinking there is time between the cocktail hour and the reception if it is not at the top of the hour.... My ceremony is at 4pm, then cocktail and then reception at 6pm.

5. How long does it take to get through dinner? 3 course.

6. Has anyone done the deep sea fishing trip? If so did you book before you left home? Who did you use?

7. Is it cheaper to book excursions before we leave online or at the resort? I don't want to get ripped off at the resort.

8. My photographer suggested a "break" right before the ceremony after our first look and couples pictures, to cool off and de-sweat before the ceremony... think this is a good idea? 20 mins good?

9. Is the online check in working again? Anyone know?

I was told that you could choose another selection for your guests but you had to bring labels to show who was eating what.

I still haven't even heard from my on-site coordinator. I have e-mailed more than twice.

They did not even tell me that there was an 80$ fee for someone to run the IPOD. I did not pay for it and I have made my final payment. Guess i will have to pay for it when we get there.

I was wondering the same thing about the petals. I read a few posts back that someone brought blue petals and that the resort picked them up. Not sure if they were silk or freeze dried.

I've heard it's cheaper to book excursions outside of the hotel. Someone mentioned an excursion place right down the beach that is MUCH cheaper. I would think this goes for all excursions including deep sea fishing.