ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by duprk452 View Post
Ok... now I'm having second thoughts about my cake. I REALLY wanted Tres Leches cake, but didn't order it being that we were mid June and I figured the poor thing wouldn't stand a chance. Now that all of you are saying that it could work, I want it. sad.gif I already sent in my final paperwork and spent 180$ on a "couture" cake! Think they would refund the money if I decided to do a standard Tres Leches? Yeah, i don't think they would.

The brides who just returned.. any advice as to where to take pictures? We are bringing a photog from home and she isn't familiar with the place so any suggestions would be welcome. We don't want to travel too far from the resort.
i was originally swayed by angie in NOT going with the tres leches cake. she basically made it sound like it would end up as a big pile of mush. denys, by onsite WC, said it would be no problem, just not to let it sit out for too long. i was so excited! i was totally into the tres leches option.

we had absolutely no issues with melting whatsoever! they brought the cake out after dinner and it sat for about 45 minutes before we got to it. we did our little cake cutting deal, then they sliced and served it. it was still cool when it was served.

if you think you want the tres leches and the only thing holding you back is worries of melting, be reassured that you'll be absolutely fine!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
i was originally swayed by angie in NOT going with the tres leches cake. she basically made it sound like it would end up as a big pile of mush. denys, by onsite WC, said it would be no problem, just not to let it sit out for too long. i was so excited! i was totally into the tres leches option.

we had absolutely no issues with melting whatsoever! they brought the cake out after dinner and it sat for about 45 minutes before we got to it. we did our little cake cutting deal, then they sliced and served it. it was still cool when it was served.

if you think you want the tres leches and the only thing holding you back is worries of melting, be reassured that you'll be absolutely fine!
Okay, probably a dumb question.......what is tres lecheshuh.gif :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post
So........I just went to open my 'Wedding Stuff' folder on my desktop only to realize that it's GONE. G-O-N-E. I can't find it anywhere on the computer, and go figure, I hadn't backed it up. This is 6+ months of every photo/link/idea/website/contract/email EVERYTHING I HAD in there. Fiance claims he didn't "accidentally" delete it but for some reason I think differently. UGH!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the random vent, I just had to get it off my chest!
Hi chica,

Did you save the folders anywhere else other than desktop? What o/s are you using? Have you checked recycle bin? If you saved anything on say MS word, check for shadow copies . Last but not least, you might want to try a 3rd party application called Recuva (it's a file recovery system). Hope that helps!

EDIT.....just read that you have a mac so some of my suggestion probably not an option. (sorry I work at MS and just assumed lol)

I think apple has some online forums from which you can get free support; i would go that route and only do a geek squad time service as a last resort because they are seriously overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
Hi chica,

Did you save the folders anywhere else other than desktop? What o/s are you using? Have you checked recycle bin? If you saved anything on say MS word, check for shadow copies . Last but not least, you might want to try a 3rd party application called Recuva (it's a file recovery system). Hope that helps!

EDIT.....just read that you have a mac so some of my suggestion probably not an option. (sorry I work at MS and just assumed lol)

I think apple has some online forums from which you can get free support; i would go that route and only do a geek squad time service as a last resort because they are seriously overpriced.
how new is your mac? are you still under warrantee? even if not, i think you can still take it to a genius bar at an apple store for assistance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexibride View Post
I'm back!!!! We had a wonderful wedding and a great day too! Yay for no rain on the 15th! Sorry to anyone else who did have rain - we saw many brides who got rained out boo! I finally got on here - I've had to catch up at work before I could do anything remotely fun. Our wedding was great - some bumps in the road but I'll do a review hopefully later on tonight (American Idol finale is tonight, so we'll see how far I get).

Here's a montage that my photographer made so you guys can get a sneak peak at our welcome dinner (at Alux), wedding and trash the dress.

animoto - Jessica & Brian's Wedding
The pictures are beautiful and you looked stunning Congrats!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
we ended up doing the tres leches cake and it was delicious! i would recommend it!

for our entree (we had the classic package) we had the beef tournedo and the whatever-they-call-it-snapper. my beef was so-so but the guests said theirs was tender and delicious. a couple of the guests raved about the snapper. the chocolate shell was interesting and tasty, i would go with that one for dessert.

you don't need towels from home at all. the ones at the royal are a good size and are plentiful (except for the one time when they were out of them for about 20 minutes, but it was no big deal).
What does the tres leches cake taste like? I know its like 3 milks or something, but what does it taste like?

I'm confused how it seems like everyone is getting to pick more than one entree for their wedding but Zulma told me I can only choose one for everybody. sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe1515 View Post
They definitely have parasols! Pink and Turqouis for sure. I actually have one that is for sale so you can get an idea of the look. They do say Playa Del Carmen on them which is perfect! It is listed under Parasol...
Flickr: tutti1299's Photostream

Thanks for the info! :)

Cake I picked the tres leches and it was unbelievable. Nobody really wanted to eat it though because they feed you so much during dinner and dessert. The food was so good that everyone ate it all and then left no room for cake. Those who did try it, including myself, loved it though. They said as long as you aren't doing a multi layered cake then it won't melt at all, and it didn't. It was outside for at least an hour and didn't move.

The spring salad with goat cheese was surprisingly good. If you aren't a fan of goat cheese though then I would stay away from it because it is overpowering. The beef was delicious (going off of the luxury menu). It was very large and cooked perfectly! So yummy!!! The asparagus mint soup (princess soup) so delicious as well. I was actually surprised by this. It seemed like most people ate all of theirs. The dessert was the cheesecake with chocolate, and it was devine! I loved every last bit! One of my bridesmaids was so impressed that she ordered it for roomservice every day after that.

They provide SO MANY beach towels. The only plus to giving everyone one is that when you lay them out on the chairs yours is distinct and they can't steal your chair. If I were to do it differently I wouldn't have brought them. Instead what I saw was useful was thermal mugs. I know weird but their drinks seriously melt so fast from being in the sun, that those who were smart and brought their own did not have this problem at all! Also useful was the room key and tip holders. I got the ones that you could zip and put those wrist coils on them and everyone loved them. Very useful!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexibride View Post
Our cake was 2 tiers - one chocolate with raspberries and the other chocolate with coconut and take it from me (I'm a cake decorator), the cake tasted fantastic, so if you want Tres Leche cake, I'm sure they'll do it for you. I was one of the brides that didn't have anything filled out prior nor had my balance paid and was super stressed about it, but as soon as you get there, they'll work with you.

As for pics - iI brought my own photographer and we were in the same situation - plus we wanted to get right to partying, so we took pics at the hotel. The backgrounds of the ocean and even the hotel itself was really beautiful in my opinion. You can see a quick montage in my previous post.

Was the chocolate with rasberries actually chunks of fruit or flavoring? Did you like it?

SO another question, I heard today that you now have to be a high room catagory to eat at chefs plate... wtf?! This wasn't the case when I made my reservation! Are they going to honor that?!