ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Thanks so much for writing the review so quickly!!! How was the weather? HOTTT?

Julia, that is an AMAZING picture by the beach! Did you guys rent a car and drive to Tulum? I can't believe you actually climbed over the fence. Haha. Was it closed or something?
Thanks! We borrowed a car from friends who have a house in Tulum. We stayed with them for our honeymoon. It was on Soliman Bay and fantastic. It's really easy to rent a car and getting around is not hard. Driving IN TOWN is tricky because no one obeys the traffic laws! LOL

We left PLaya at 4:30 am and drove 40 minutes to Tulum. That shot was taken just after sunrise. We totally trespassed onto government property to get there! That's why we climbed the fence! LOL. That's why we climbed the fence! (Photogs will do just about anything for a great shot...and with 3 of us there, we were determined to get amazing images!)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been MIA for a few days and I feel like I've missed soo much! I don't know how to quote ppl LOL

CandiceMarie - thanks so much for the info about the maracas, I just emailed them. I need btwn 40 an 50 pairs so I'm trying to see what they can do. My colors are purple and blue but I think if we put the other colors with the exception of red (my least fav color) on the tables it will add more life to the tables.

Jesmcan - love your invites, beautiful and very personal!! I had passport invites made but added ribbon to them and had my MOH (sister) and FI in assmbely line doing the ribbon and stuffing. I think they were nice to me only bc they knew I would become a bridezilla if they said a word LOL

LisaDso - your new siggy pic is too funny!

Oh and I forgot to congratulate Lynnies, Julia and dianep on your weddings! Sooo happy everything worked out and you had the weeding og your dreams. Its very reassuring hearing that you all had a great time.

Julia - the pics you posted are beautiful, def want to take a pic on the swing too. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post
Lisa DSO - your new siggy picture is AWESOME!!
LOL thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBride24 View Post
Hey ladies,

Are any of you doing excurstions while you're down there? I'm torn between:
1. Hidden Worlds
2. Xel-ha
3. Xcaret

What is the difference? Has anyone done/is doing any of them? I don't know how to choose?
I personally have never been, but for those of my friends who have gone, the general consensus was the same : do not book any of the ones (xel ha or xcaret) that combine Tulum because you will be extremely rushed and not given as much opportunity to enjoy either site. (for adrenline junkies, I did do the Tulum Extreme which includes rappeling, zipline over the jungle, cenote snorkeling, and Tulum ruins visit...pretty cool!)

Everyone I talked to had fun at all of those above places mentioned, although they did say that they were a bit more commercialized/americanized and the amount of fish you see during snorkeling has decreased 3 fold in the past few years (but that is just THEIR perspective, please don't let it deter you if you really want to go because, they DID have fun)

If you are into snorkeling, there is one excursion that takes you to a cenote, an outdoor freshwater pool (where they have Newlywed Mayan Sacrifice, which is like a 17 foot jump into the pool!), and Yakul Lagoon in Akumal which is AMAZING because you start in fresh water surrounded by schools of blue and purple fish, then swim out a mile into the saltwater ocean inlets with stingray, turtles, coral, etc)

Quote:
Julia, looks like you guys had some great pics!

Lisa, lol, your siggy picture is so cute.
:-) Gracias!

As for excursions, no need to worry about that in advance. They have like four tour groups who set this up everyday. They have so so many to choose from and have different combinations of things. We did a lot of these and recommend the mayan extreme (I think thats what is was called) where you go to the ruins, a cenote, zip line and repel. It was fun and you got lunch. We also went snokeling, beware of any catamaran rides to the snorkeling. . . 15 out of our 20 lost their breakfast if ya know what I mean, bring dramamine!! We also did an ATV trip to another cenote. . .very fun! Our friends also did a trip into a cave and wore wet suits to snorkel. There are so many things to do I would not worry about that now!

Quote:
How were the non resort and Gran guests able to go to the ceremony? Just go straight to the beach? I think I read that they just go straight to where the ceremony is without checking in?
Personally I would have them go straight to the beach. If they check in they can only be there 30 min in advance. They were very strict about this, in fact they told our flower girls that they couldnt even walk thru the resort, they had to go around. Oh, and I don't know if we just got lucky but our guests were able to stay on the resort pretty much all night, we just got them their drinks after the reception. Like I said, we may have just been lucky!