ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Wow, I just can't get away from the forum haha!!

I saw many weddings and, although we did not use one, I heard a harp several times and it was absolutely beautiful! I also saw several mariachi bands play during the cocktail hour, never during the receptions. BTW if I have one piece of advice, especially if you have a large group, pay for the extra hour for reception, it is def worth it. My reception was very late in getting started and we had only been dancing for about 45 minutes before our 3 hours was up and added on an hour. We felt very rushed in getting all the dances in (ie father/daughter, 1st dance etc. ) and the cake cutting and speeches. That is my ONLY complaint!!!!

this resort is so amazing I am kinda depressed to leave tomor!!!
which musician did you use for your ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by candicemarie View Post
Congrats Julia!!! I'm so glad everything went well! Thanks so much for sharing!

One question, how many people did you have? I'm in the GPR gazebo, too and really didn't want to put all the peeps inside. We're having 23 people. Do you think that many will fit outside?
Thank you!
I had 23 too and we all fit inside the gazebo. The Gran Porto Gazebo is really small and there is virtually very little room outside the gazebo unless you start putting chairs down the hallway. There is also a set of two steps you go down RIGHT before you get to the gazebo so putting people outside may not work. 23 fit inside very well though. Worked great for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
I'd like to say congrats to astreit!! I watched her wedding and it was sooooo gorgeous! Congrats!

off to one last dinner!
Aww that's so cool you got to watch hers! Hope y'all have a safe trip home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaR View Post
Thank you!
I had 23 too and we all fit inside the gazebo. The Gran Porto Gazebo is really small and there is virtually very little room outside the gazebo unless you start putting chairs down the hallway. There is also a set of two steps you go down RIGHT before you get to the gazebo so putting people outside may not work. 23 fit inside very well though. Worked great for us!
Ok great! Thanks so much for all the details!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Hi Julia, so glad you had an awesome wedding and everything went well for you! Question, did they did not let you and your photog in the area? We are planning to go to Tulum to do our TTD. Is the beach off limits as well?

Thanks!
There are plenty of beaches in Tulum to do a TTD. The beaches are beautiful. It's the ruins where you will run into opposition. They were very mean and literally kicked us off the property because I was in a wedding dress and had a "professional" photographer with me. If I changed my clothes they told me I could go inside the ruins. totally retarded.

We tried to get to the beaches next to the ruins, but couldn't get there. Too rugged. We even scaled a chain link fence and stole onto government property at 6 am to do it! LOL. It was funny. My photog has a shot of me climbing over a chain link fence in a skirt. Thank god I didn't have my wedding dress on at the time! I"ll post the pics when we get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooper79 View Post
I did insulated mugs for everyone, and they were a total hit!! Drinks stayed cold and you got more in the mug then the glasses they have. Make sure to bring a sharpie marker though so you can write names on the glasses cause know one will be able to keep track of theirs..Plus it's easier for the servers to remember the drinks too!
Hi Jcooper! I'm thinking of doing insulated mugs as well. Where did you get yours at? I want to make sure I get quality ones. Thanks in advance! :)