ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by duprk452 View Post
SO.. I have a question. I received my final invoice today from Aja and on it there is a "sunset surcharge" of 400$. I was under the impression that this charge was only for CEREMONIES that were AFTER 4 on the weekend. Well my ceremony is at 2 on Friday, but my reception is at 6. So, my question is.. have any of you had this problem? Or has anyone had a situation similar to this and did you have to pay a sunset charge? I for one remember being told that I wouldn't have to pay this charge, but I can't find that e-mail to save my life.
if you booked before they implemented this policy, you will not be charged. i was stressed out about this until i confirmed that i wouldn't have this charge. yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooper79 View Post
For my food I had people order both the shrimp with jambalaya rice and the beef torendo my guest loved them both. All of the food was very good. Also before my wedding I was told on this forum I could not do a sand ceremony if I was having a legal wedding, but I confirmed with Zulma that I could do it as long as I did not reference god, as in Mexico they do not mix god with the legal ceremonies. I arrived on Sat and got married on Thur. Met with Zulma to go over things, so you have plenty of time to confirm, ask questions when you get down there. This felt like a big fam / friends vacation to me up until Wed and then I was pretty nervous. You all have to remember the reason you are doing the destination wedding and remember not to sweat the small stuff. It all comes together and you and your guests will have the time of your life.
i think it's pretty terrible the mexico can tell you that you can't have any mention of god in your wedding ceremony. that's a huge thing for a lot of people to simply cut out of their lives. makes me glad i'm doing a symbolic ceremony - i definitely want there to be a prayer in there - this is my WEDDING after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duprk452 View Post
Ok so I heard back from Aja and it seems that there was a mix up and that I will not be charged the 400$ sunrise surcharge. So no worries! All I can say ladies is be sure to double check your invoices when they come in.
glad you got it waived too! one more point for the brides!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by astreit View Post
Just curious if any of you had an answer to this? Thanks so much!!!!
I believe that the musician plays a song while your guests arrive until you walk down the aisle. I want to do the wedding march, and I'm pretty sure that is all you have to tell them. They don't play during the ceremony and after they will probably play whatever you want to walk out...typically it is the wedding march again. If you want a special song I'm sure they will accomodate that for you, or it may be wise to bring an ipod if you want that, just in case they don't know how to play what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1285 View Post
For those using DJ Ivan... are you making a list of songs for him to play or are you just going to trust him and trust he'll play a good selection?
He is meeting with me 2 days before the wedding at the hotel lobby. He said to have a list of songs that I want the wedding party to walk in on and for us as well. He wants a list of the names, speaches, etc. He also said that if there were any must play songs or any do not play songs to let him know. So because the fiance is polish I said absolutely no polka! I also said to keep the slow songs to a minimum since we have more of a younger crew going with us. I also asked him to not do any traditional wedding songs...like the electric slide, etc. I hate those for some reason, maybe because I've been to too many weddings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujeemd View Post
I know, you're so lucky you got switched to them so soon! If I don't hear from her before I head down there I'm going to be a total wreck. My main concerns are...the ceremony guitarist and how the music works, how do I contact them to let them know what songs we want and with the civil ceremony how does it work? All I get from Angie is, "It's confirmed you have a guitarist." Well...cool, but when is he showing up and what is he going to play? Haha.

We have a beach ceremony at 5pm, cocktail reception, and 7pm reception in the garden. We're doing the luxury package, have 38 ppl including Parker and I.

I know so many of you probably feel or have felt the same way, but I just feel like I'm going down there blind! Other than filling out what we want on our checklist and sending Angie emails with our wishes (who knows what shes doing with them?) I have no real way of knowing that it's all going to be done.

When do we tell them what we want in terms of like huppa, what chairs we want used, seating arrangements for the reception like how many tables, etc? I told Angie what we wanted a long time ago and she told me we could do that down there, but I kinda don't believe her and I'm starting to worry stuff won't be done.

Sorry for being a spaz. Haha.
I'm not sure about the musician question, I think that is something you tell them when you get there. Not sure when they show either, I just know they are there during your ceremony.

You should definitley be in contact with the resort by now! They are super swamped and slow on getting back to you right now, but they answer all of your questions fully when they do.

You tell them about set up and everything when you get there. That is what Zulma told me. They only need a couple of days to plan. So just have something in your mind and don't settle for less when you get there! She said she will handle everything when I get down there and not to worry they will make everything perfect. Call me crazy, but I trust her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msglave View Post
Thank you so much for posting this! Can't wait to read your interview and see your pics!

I was told that it costs extra for the tiki torches?

My WC told me I could do a sand ceremony.

My WC said we could do two different entrees. We just need to mark the place cards.

Sorry to hear about the debit card. Did your money get returned yet?

Also, for ladies who planned to use Tiffany chairs-Jesmcan, I know you were-
my WC said she doesn't think they are available anymore. You might want to check with the resort.
Wait...whathuh.gif We can't reference God in the sand ceremony? That is ridic! I am having my sister get up there and read it. I don't care I'm doing it anyway!!!

from what i've heard, the tiki torches are included (i believe it's a set of 5) but it would cost extra to have flowers added to them.

i'm planning to buy some tulle or organza to add some color to the huppah - maybe i'll just buy some extra fabric so there's enough to tie some onto the tiki torches, too.

Just wanted to say that you girls have really given me so many ideas and anwers to many questions without even needing to post the questions LOL. I'm still 7 months away so I know there will be more issues to come but it's been much easier to plan with a forum like this with so many woman who are will to help and share their ideas!! Thanks sooo much! And congrats to all of the May brides!!

Hi girls,

I wanted to share Julie & Greg's wedding from the royal that I received from Del Sol! Take note to their comment in their blog, "****IMPORTANT NOTE FOR FUTURE ROYAL BRIDES**** Please have your ceremony set up like this example, bride + groom + officiant at the edge of the gazebo, bridal party, guests and family outside. When choosing to have everybody inside, even when your party is small, the light conditions are very hard and not as pretty as this idea. :)

I wonder if the white runner and the candles were included because I know about you guys but I love it!