ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
but yeah, i am so excited that we'll be able to bring two pieces each! no having to cut down on the clothes and shoes i can bring! :)

has anyone called the airline about brining their dress on the plane with them? this is on my to-do list.
Haha on the clothes and shoes part. I am a horrible overpacker so I feel you!

I need to call my airline too. Who do you have? I have AA. I emailed them way back at the beginning and they said if I can't use the closet I'll have to put it in the overhead bin. I've heard it's not a problem but I just have this horrible gut feeling I'll be the unlucky one who gets told I have to check it (over my dead body!) or some kind of crap. Our flight is completely full so that doesn't help either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
I wonder this goes for Continental too!
i would guess most of the (major) airlines are going to be pretty similar. the information should be posted on the website.

and you look gorgeous in your new siggy pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1285 View Post
Haha on the clothes and shoes part. I am a horrible overpacker so I feel you!

I need to call my airline too. Who do you have? I have AA. I emailed them way back at the beginning and they said if I can't use the closet I'll have to put it in the overhead bin. I've heard it's not a problem but I just have this horrible gut feeling I'll be the unlucky one who gets told I have to check it (over my dead body!) or some kind of crap. Our flight is completely full so that doesn't help either!
i am also on AA. from your communication with them, do you think it's worth calling them about my dress? i think i'd rather call and get their generic answer than not call and find out later that i should have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
i would guess most of the (major) airlines are going to be pretty similar. the information should be posted on the website.

and you look gorgeous in your new siggy pic!
Thanks!! I'm going to check the website out...hopefully they don't charge then its cardboard time!!!

Hi ladies, i can't seem to find this within the thread so i hope it ok i ask. my WC hasn't gotten back to me about this (she answers all the other questions but hasn't this)

if i bring my own photographer who will be staying at the resort, is the outside vendor fee still charged?

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieposie View Post
Hi ladies, i can't seem to find this within the thread so i hope it ok i ask. my WC hasn't gotten back to me about this (she answers all the other questions but hasn't this)

if i bring my own photographer who will be staying at the resort, is the outside vendor fee still charged?

thanks!
They told me no...that was back in December. They better not charge me because my photog is staying at Gran Porto.

Hi Ladies, I recently booked my wedding at the Royal Playa Del Carmen for October, and I have not received very much information about anything. I was wondering how to get the ball rolling and how did you find a wedding coordinator? I love reading your comments and would appreciate any comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa View Post
Hi Ladies, I recently booked my wedding at the Royal Playa Del Carmen for October, and I have not received very much information about anything. I was wondering how to get the ball rolling and how did you find a wedding coordinator? I love reading your comments and would appreciate any comments.
Did you speak to someone that you sent the contract and deposit to? I would contact them to find out who your coordinator is for any questions you have. And this site makes the whole process a million times easier. Sometimes it is more useful to ask questions here then to ask the Michigan ladies! Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa View Post
Hi Playa and WELCOME! You'll find this forum very helpful and if you start at the beginning (and have lots of time to spare) you will not believe how many questions you'll get answered and also how many questions that will be answered that you didn't even know you had!

As far as the WC you asked about I think it varies. I, and many others, have a WC who is based out of Michigan that was assigned to us. Mine was assigned to me by my travel agent. Other girls on here have WC directly from the resort. Maybe a fellow bride will know more specifically how they are assigned out. Did you book through a travel agent? If so you may check with them.

What do you all think about tipping when you get there? Are you going to tip the WC at the resort...the DJ...the waiters that help during the reception? If so how much are you thinking would be a good amount?

I'm thinking of buying this Buxton® Coupon/Receipt Organizer - Bed Bath & Beyond and making a tab for each person and put the specific amount of $ we're tipping them. That way it's all nice and organized and I'll have it all in once place pre-sorted out.

Another subject question. I have a private reception for 3 hours on the beach...however, I booked DJ Ivan for 4 hours and if I get lounge furniture for 4 hours will The Royal kick us off the beach after 3 hours? Or since it's a public beach can we stay the extra hour and let them have their round dinner tables and chairs back and keep partying?