ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
right now, we're looking at may 10. it's a monday, we leave on wednesday and have the ceremony on saturday. we still need to schedule with a judge, but just plan on going to a courthouse. we're keeping it as minimal as possible. we hope to just sign the papers; we are not planning on exchanging vows or rings or anything. we want mexico to be the first time for all that stuff so it's as "real" as it can be! we'll have our two witnesses with us, and likely my mom as well (she's pretty emotional and wants to see that part, even though it'll likely take all of 5 minutes AND she's seen me get married before, ha!) i'm not sure if we'll dress up or anything, but probably nothing fancy!

what are your plans?
I was hoping to go in and just sign papers but when I called our local courthouse they said we still have to say SOMETHING in front of the judge. A huge BOO on that. We'll see what happens when we get there.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ladi di- we won't be adding a minister in mexico. my mom is a licensed pastor so she's used to performing weddings. we'll have her officiate the ceremony. so we save money on both that and the blood tests. also, we didn't want the hassle of having our birth AND divorce certificates translated and certified. it just didn't seem worth the hassle for both now and then having to worry about anything that might come up from getting married in another country. and i'm happy about it because this way we can have our ceremony just the way we want it - the resort doesn't get to dictate that!

beachbum 1285 - i'm guessing the same will happen for us. i'm not sure exactly what to expect, but we're just going to do the least we can for now. personalized vows and ring exchange will take place in mexico and it'll feel more real then. when are you doing your legal reqs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
ahh, that makes sense, diane!! we are single so it is easier for us.
i consider myself as single too. haha, only one husband at a time for me. second time's a charm, and this one will be forever. we've both learned our lessons the hard way. AND we appreciate each other so much more, too. love.gif

Quote:
beachbum 1285 - i'm guessing the same will happen for us. i'm not sure exactly what to expect, but we're just going to do the least we can for now. personalized vows and ring exchange will take place in mexico and it'll feel more real then. when are you doing your legal reqs?
Oh yeah it will be as unpersonalized at the courthouse as possible. I'll just pretend he's not saying anything and that the day never happened haha.
That's so cool about your mom officiating your ceremony. I was hoping my dad would do the same but he didn't want to. Oh well!
We're doing ours May 12. We leave for Cancun May 13 and have our ceremony down there May 16.

Quote:
i consider myself as single too. haha, only one husband at a time for me. second time's a charm, and this one will be forever. we've both learned our lessons the hard way. AND we appreciate each other so much more, too. love.gif
Aww, love.gif of course, you learn from the mistakes and your marriage will be better because of it!

dianep,

So happy for you that you've found the one! Im glad to hear you other ladies are doing a symbolic as well. I think we are doing ours May 4th. We leave may 10 and have our graduation on May 7th so we are pretty busy that week. I thought about having my grandma there b/c she was upset she couldn't make it to Mex. Otherwise we will make it very simple that day.

ladies, it's so much fun to sit and read all about AAAAALLLLL the details that we're working on right now. it really helps it to sink in that our weddings are all coming up so soon! i'm excited for all of us!! :) and i can't wait to see pictures and hear about how everyone's days go! just think - within a month or so, we'll all be married, nice and relaxed and tan, and back home reading all of each others's reviews and looking at our pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1285 View Post
dianep - I was just thinking the same thing! And what the heck am I going to do with my time after the wedding?! I'm going to enjoy not have to constantly think or do wedding related things but it sure does help the time go by at work. :)
i keep trying to turn my focus onto my work, but it's not going very well this week. i'm just getting way too excited. wedding planning is WAY more fun than doing investment plan reviews!