ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the email I received from Aja.

I look forward to working with you but your wedding day is quickly approaching and we

need to start finalizing your details.

Please note that 60 days prior to your wedding date the checklist/details are due, 45 days prior to your wedding date a final payment is due and 30 days prior to your wedding date you will be forwarded to an on-site wedding coordinator in Mexico.

***If final payment is not paid 30 days prior to your wedding date, your wedding will be CANCELLED!!! ****

By the beginning of next week I would need to have the checklist returned!

If you have not received your wedding checklist PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!

Also, I would need a rooming list of all guests who will be attending your wedding. Be sure to list their name and the hotel they will be staying at while attending your wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooper79 View Post
I just received an e-mail from the Michigan office turning me over to Zulma. Am I supposed to also receive anything from Zulma, does anyone know? My wedding is April 22, at the Gran Porto Real.
I think you'll know when she emails you...at least, they're doing their job! :)

wow what an active day on here!! lots has been going on. Sorry about the ladies looking for my food review I hope you found it. That is one thing the food was amazing. We have 49 booked already wooo hooooo. We are sending out our invitations next month and I stressed on them as well as our website that all RSVP's must be in no later than July 12th and travel arrangements made. Although at this rate I think all our guests will be booked by May. I get so nervous about the resort selling out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
lady di, i'm currently signed up for the beach but am wondering about switching to the gazebo too!

but when i envisioned a beach wedding, i pictured our feet in the sand with the water right behind us, a white arch overhead, etc. so that's what keeps me with the original beachfront - it's as perfect as the picture in my head!

but there is definitely something pretty and romanic about the flowing white fabric of the decorated gazebos!
I felt the same way about my feet in the sand, but have decided that it will be better suited for us to have the reception at the gazebo due to privacy.. Therefore my feet are still in the sand, just not while I say "I do".

Quote:
Originally Posted by duprk452 View Post

If you're guests are staying at the Gran, there is no extra charge since it is a Real Resort :)

I'm sorry sad.gif here's Carole's email carolec@realresorts.com
Just ask her who your new one will be. Hope she gets back to you soon!

Oh man! Grad school & planning a Real Resort weddinghuh.gif The poor thing!! I couldn't imagine how stressed she is.
Thank goodness for you helping her smile03.gif

Its not far so I don't think it will be a big deal to walk people to GPR from the Royal, if it is available for you. Most of our guests are staying at the Royal, just a couple families w/kids are staying @ GPR.
I just meant getting GPR guests to the Royal would be a pain because they don't have access like the Royal guests have to the GPR.

I'm sure it will be fine like other brides have said, but FMIL is quite a pill at times if things go awry so I just didn't want to have to deal w/something if it came up. Among the other reasons I changed.

I just looked up Jesmcan's review last nite, lol. It's on pg 207
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo.../index207.html

And the other review is here
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ry-long-54904/
There is no extra charge for the reception on people staying at the Gran? That would be awesome. It would still suck that they have to buy day passes to come hang out with us, since the resort is booked. I guess they have to do what they have to do, though. Oh, and you're right about the walk. It wouldn't be that big of a deal since they have privileges at the Gran and I'm wondering it may work out better for us between ceremony and reception since kids will be there.

Thanks for posting the food reviews! It was a big help..
Quote:
Originally Posted by candicemarie View Post
AHAHAHAHA! That's exactly what I was thinking w/the MOH! My sister would be all about that!
And photoshop, totally!

I read awhile back that Stephanie was told the tables would be set already on the beach if she had the wedding at the gazebo & reception on gazebo beach, but I bet you can make that not happen. Or at the very least have it moved off to the side a bit so it isn't in the view of the ocean/wedding.

LOL, we're definitely going to try our hardest on this one! Not that we don't love the fam, but you know! Luckily, the master OF suites are kinda separated from the other suites so we should be good.
If you have a Royal category suite (which I'm pretty sure they are all Royal category after the renovations), you can pick your exact suite so just tell them you're staying in another number blush2.gif
My sister would JUMP at the opportunity to tell the topless woman something. That's what worries me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by super19 View Post
Can someone please post the 2010 checklist? I have the 2009 one.

Thanks!
If you PM me your e-mail I can send it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaR View Post
This is the email I received from Aja.

I look forward to working with you but your wedding day is quickly approaching and we
need to start finalizing your details.
Please note that 60 days prior to your wedding date the checklist/details are due, 45 days prior to your wedding date a final payment is due and 30 days prior to your wedding date you will be forwarded to an on-site wedding coordinator in Mexico.
***If final payment is not paid 30 days prior to your wedding date, your wedding will be CANCELLED!!! ****
By the beginning of next week I would need to have the checklist returned!
If you have not received your wedding checklist PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!
Also, I would need a rooming list of all guests who will be attending your wedding. Be sure to list their name and the hotel they will be staying at while attending your wedding.
Thanks this makes me feel a little more informed. Did y'all request rooms away from family when you submit your guest checklist? I would LOVE to be as far away from them as possible. I love them and want to see them, but would like privacy too.