ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
my FI's aunt is bringing her sister/brother to the wedding. my godmother might bring more people. they are staying off resort. it looks like we would have to draw a line and tell them that they only can bring one person per person.
god forbid we pay $100 for 10 or more people. goodnight.gif
Arrgh, why do people think they can just bring whomever they want? I dunno if I would even let them bring 1 person, you are very nice lol. Sure, they can bring whoever they want to Mexico, but the wedding is off limits. You can do it, tell them!!! lol

Quote:
haha, i wish...i hear that security guards there are hawks so that probably won't happen. i think we may get more people coming but they are not staying at the resort. my FI's aunt is bringing her sister/brother to the wedding. my godmother might bring more people. they are staying off resort. it looks like we would have to draw a line and tell them that they only can bring one person per person. we just can't afford $100 for every non resort guest. i think our guests think it's free for us and that we don't have to pay anything since the wedding is at all inclusive resort.

god forbid we pay $100 for 10 or more people. goodnight.gif
Speaking of... how would they know? I mean does security bother everyone asking for room keys? Or do we all have to sport those attractive neon bracelets the whole time? undecided.gif I was wondering about this too since I have a few people thinking of staying off-site as well.

Any past brides or site visitors know how this works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
Does anyone know if they do any live webcam service for the ceremony?
Quote:
Originally Posted by super19 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that they do have a live webcam and the cost is $300. It just wouldn't be the Royal without the upcharge!

This is correct.

Quote:
Great review, thank you so much!

Oh my gosh, this makes me sad! They don't get days off? Don't I feel lazy for taking today off. Good to know, however. Ladies, let's try to remember this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post
Speaking of... how would they know? I mean does security bother everyone asking for room keys? Or do we all have to sport those attractive neon bracelets the whole time? undecided.gif I was wondering about this too since I have a few people thinking of staying off-site as well.

We all receive wrist bands and they color coded depending on the type of guest you are: VIP, regulars, etc. fyi We are allowed to have the bracelets cut off for wedding photos.

Lady Di: I would have your FMIL or FFIL politely let drop to her/his sister that the wedding is not free for the extra guests and is in fact rather an up charge. You do not need to deal with this that is what the family is for. Not to mention, no where else would someone think to bring EXTRA guests to the wedding. It is rude and his family needs to nip it in the bud. It is one thing if they are invited guests...we are all taking that risk, but tag-a-longs...NO WAY!

Quote:
Arrgh, why do people think they can just bring whomever they want? I dunno if I would even let them bring 1 person, you are very nice lol. Sure, they can bring whoever they want to Mexico, but the wedding is off limits. You can do it, tell them!!! lol
Girl, if i had my way, I would have taken care of it but my FI doesn't want to be rude. So, i just let him to deal with it but I told him that we are drawing a line if anyone in our family want to bring more guests. It is NOT cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post

I'm curious how that works as well. A royal bride said that the security guards keep an eye on the bracelets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise_pernell View Post
We all receive wrist bands and they color coded depending on the type of guest you are: VIP, regulars, etc. fyi We are allowed to have the bracelets cut off for wedding photos.
I hear that there was problems with getting a new bracelet from a past bride. I can't exactly remember what it was. I will clarify with my WC if we can get a new bracelet without a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily2011 View Post
Lady Di: I would have your FMIL or FFIL politely let drop to her/his sister that the wedding is not free for the extra guests and is in fact rather an up charge. You do not need to deal with this that is what the family is for. Not to mention, no where else would someone think to bring EXTRA guests to the wedding. It is rude and his family needs to nip it in the bud. It is one thing if they are invited guests...we are all taking that risk, but tag-a-longs...NO WAY!
Believe me, I so want to do that but I don't want to look ungrateful! FI doesn't want to step on anybody's toes or hear his parents telling him that we're rude. I'm glad I'm not having a local wedding or I'll go nuts!

Quote:
Ok, just heard from Julie...unfortunately, non resort guests are NOT covered by the package. we have to pay for them. That sucks!! i'm seriously pissed. this whole time, i thought the package would cover them. it is $100 per non resort guest for us.

we are considering just going with a cheaper package and do a la carte but that means we might get $300 vendor fee instead $100 if we sign a new contract. booo.

rant.gif over
Don't worry about the vendor fee. I signed my original contract before the vendor fee was increased. Then I changed my package after that and they still honored the $100 vendor fee that was in place when I signed my first contract. Just make sure you say something so that they are sure to write it in your new contract, otherwise the default is for the $300 fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astreit View Post
Don't worry about the vendor fee. I signed my original contract before the vendor fee was increased. Then I changed my package after that and they still honored the $100 vendor fee that was in place when I signed my first contract. Just make sure you say something so that they are sure to write it in your new contract, otherwise the default is for the $300 fee.
that's great to know, thank you!!