ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Wow is it really that bad?
YES, between the moment from when u pick up ur luggages and got out of the gate, to....the transfer van, there are 20+ timeshare+tours vendors in between that 30 secs walk!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, on my very first trip, one of the "helpers" inside asked which travel company I was with so he could help us find our driver- he directed us over to a guy at a booth inside who seemed helpful at first, but then we realized it was timeshare.

As everyone has already said, just say "no thanks" and go outside, pretty simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianep View Post
have any of you other may brides asked about getting calla lillies? they say callas are only available through april. i would LOVE to have some callas mixed into my flowers. no response when i asked my WC. i'm not keeping my hopes up... well, maybe just a little.
I actually ended up buying real touch flowers so that I could get Calla's. They were cheaper in the end too. I would ask because I think you can get them for a additional fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe1515 View Post
I actually ended up buying real touch flowers so that I could get Calla's. They were cheaper in the end too. I would ask because I think you can get them for a additional fee.
I did the same thing. I went to Michaels and got 12 large sized calla's that are coral colored. Cost me 18$ total, because they were on sale buy one get one free.

Hi everyone,

I have been in contact with Angie a lot lately (I called her today and she was right there available to talk to me!)

I got forwarded the wedding checklist that you have to fill out for when you want your hair and make up done, what choices for dinner, etc.

I just had a question about the flowers, for anyone who has done it before or who knows how it is done. Is just 12 standard roses available and then you can choose to 'upgrade' to another bouquet in the book of standard flowers and therefore pay the 80 USD, or can you swap your roses for any of the other bouquets in the standard flowers for no charge?

Thanks,

Shirley

I was going to write earlier that Angie was pretty quick to respond to my question. It made me :-). Well, I replied to her again today and I already have a response back! This makes me very happy and I'm glad that she got back to me quickly. Way to go WC's- keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Ken View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been in contact with Angie a lot lately (I called her today and she was right there available to talk to me!)

I got forwarded the wedding checklist that you have to fill out for when you want your hair and make up done, what choices for dinner, etc.

I just had a question about the flowers, for anyone who has done it before or who knows how it is done. Is just 12 standard roses available and then you can choose to 'upgrade' to another bouquet in the book of standard flowers and therefore pay the 80 USD, or can you swap your roses for any of the other bouquets in the standard flowers for no charge?

Thanks,
Shirley
Hi Shirley
If I understand your question correctly, I was able to change by bouquet any way I wanted as long as it was in the standard bouquet area (ie no orchids and non-cascading) So for instance, I wanted white lillies with fuschia roses mixed in and it was no extra charge. They have several bouquets like this so really I was just changing colors. So in the packet the first couple of pages are the "stardard" that you get for free with the packages. If it has BO (orchids) or BC (cascading) in front of the numbers, it is extra.

Holy Canolli! Angie just emailed me again- Go Angie! :-)

I know a few were inquiring about this for programs in the legal/civil ceremony, so I will paste in case you cant open attachment:

CIVIL MARRIAGE

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, WE ARE GATHERED HERE TODAY TO JOIN THIS MAN AND THIS WOMEN IN THE BOND OF MATRIMONY WICH IS A HONORABLE STATUS. WE ARE HERE IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR WITNESSES AND THOSE CLOSE TO YOU, TO AFIRM YOUR LOVE AND DEVOTION TO ONE TO ANOTHER.

YOU _______AND YOU ______ ARE ENTERING INTO A UNION THAT IS THE MOST CLOSED AND INTIMATED ONE. IT IS THE MOST PRECIOUS RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE.

FROM NOW ON YOUR LIVES WILL BE GREATLY AFFECTED. WITH THESE VOWS YOU WILL ACCEPT A GREAT RESPONSABILITY, TRUSTING ONE TO ANOTHER YOUR SUCCESS AND THE HAPINESS OF YOUR FUTURE TOGETHER.

A GREAT MEXICAN PHILOSOPHER OF THE PAST CENTURY, MR. MELCHOR OCAMPO, WROTE IN HIS LEGENDARY EPISTOL THE FOLLOWING WORDS:

“MARRIAGE, IS THE ONLY LEGAL AND MORAL WAY TO FOUND THE FAMILY, TO PRESERVE MANKIND AND TO AVOID THE IMPERFECTIONS OF HUMAN BEINGS, WHO ARE ABLE TO GET THE PERFECTION OF THE HUMAN RACE IN THE CONYUGAL DUALITY.

MARRIED PEOPLE SHOULD BE AND WILL BE SACRED ONE TO EACH OTHER, MORE THAN TO THEMSELVES.

MAN AND WOMAN, HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS, BUT THEIR RESPECTIVE OBLIGATIONS.

BOTH OF YOU SHOULD HAVE AND WILL HAVE: RESPECT, FIDELITY, TRUST, TENDERNESS AND LOVE, MUCH LOVE.

DO NOT FIGHT ONE TO ANOTHER, USE YOUR HEAD AND YOUR HEART INSTEAD OF YOUR HANDS TO CORRECT ANYTHING WRONG.

BOTH OF YOU SHOULD BE AWARE ON THE GREAT RESPONSABILITY OF BEING PARENTS OF FAMILY, BECAUSE YOU SHOULD PROVIDE YOUR CHILDREN WITH ATTENTION, GOOD EXAMPLE, EDUCATION, RESPECT, FOOD AND LOVE. THEY SHOULD SEE IN YOU A WORTHY EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW DURING THE REST OF THEIR EXISTENCE.

FOR ALL THESE REASONS AND IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR WITNESSES, I ASK YOU:

________, DO YOU TAKE THIS WOMAN TO BE YOUR LOVED AND WEDDED WIFE, TO LIVE TOGETHER IN THE ORDINANCE AND STATE OF MATRIMONY, TO HONOR AND LOVE HER, IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, FOR SAKE OF ALL OTHERS AND KEEPING ONLY ONTO HER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVE?

_______, DO YOU TAKE THIS MAN TO BE YOUR LOVED AND WEDDED HUSBAND, TO LIVE TOGETHER IN THE ORDINANCE AND STATE OF MATRIMONY, TO HONOR AND LOVE HIM, IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, FOR SAKE OF ALL OTHERS AND KEEPING ONLY ONTO HIM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVE?

(RINGS, OWN VOWS, SIGN THE CERTIFICATE)

AND NOW, IN THE NAME OF THE LAW AND THE SOCIETY ,AND WITH THE AUTORITY GIVED TO ME BY THE MUNICIPALITY OF SOLIDARIDAD HERE IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN, QUINTANA ROO, MEXIC, , I NOW DECLARE YOU HUSBAND AND WIFE.

CONGRATULATIONS.

I WISH YOU HAPPINESS FOREVER.

YOU MAY KISS YOUR WIFE.

*also, she did confirm that you CAN have your own vows if they are SHORT, and you CANNOT have sand ceremony in legal wedding. Also, you get ALL of the cold canapes listed for the Luxury Wedding. I hope this helps!