Photo

How long did you date before enagaged?

• Please log in to reply
874 replies to this topic

#81 texasex

texasex
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

6 years, but it will be 7 by the time we get married!

#82 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
    • 5,681 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

We have known each other about 20 years, we were seeing each other on/off since summer 2001, started dating exclusively in July 2006, got engaged March 2007 (8 months) and will be together almost 3 yrs by the time we get married!

#83 Cabo - A

Cabo - A
      • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

Dated for 8.5 years before getting engaged. Will get married one month shy of our 10 year anniversary....do I win?
        Hawaiian Bride (formely Cabo - A)

#84 cabobridey

cabobridey
        • 141 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

We were engaged after 5 1/5 months of dating.
          And now a fairly short engagement.... we will be saying "i do" after 14 months of knowing each other.
          I think we knew after a month that we would end up getting married... but people would have really thought we were crazy if we would have told them that!! LOL

#85 tlomlad

tlomlad
          • Banned
          • 1,949 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

wow im a short one he proposed after a year!

#86 Mandy

Mandy
            • 514 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

I win shortest-dating-to engaged-award. We dated for 2 months before he proposed, and we're getting married 5 months after that! In all fairness, we were best friends for the last 4 years, and we actually went to the same high school, but we had never even hinted at dating until October 2007, one week after things ended with the last guy (short relationship) I was with. For us, the only next step in our relationship was to decide to get married, so here we are, 2 months away!

#87 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

We were dating about 4 years when we got married - but I knew him for closer to 6 or so.

#88 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Mandy
                I win shortest-dating-to engaged-award. We dated for 2 months before he proposed, and we're getting married 5 months after that! In all fairness, we were best friends for the last 4 years, and we actually went to the same high school, but we had never even hinted at dating until October 2007, one week after things ended with the last guy (short relationship) I was with. For us, the only next step in our relationship was to decide to get married, so here we are, 2 months away!
                mandy we mustve been friends in another lifetime or something because sometimes the similarities in our lives creep me out haha

we knew after 2 months of dating we wanted to get married, although he didnt propose until we were together for what like 8 months, and we were best friends for the 2 years before that but i was dating someone else.

#89 pchapman

pchapman
                • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

After 3 years we got engaged, but it was taken us 4 years since our engagment to get married. By the time we get married in June, we will have been together for almost 8 years total in August.

#90 monicaswave

monicaswave
                  • 450 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

We were together 2 1/2 yrs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users