Tamster808

How long did you date before enagaged?

Dated 6 yrs, first date was feb 20, 2002!! argggghhh.

Anyhow, will be close to 7 yrs for us when we FINALLY get married this fall. Man, that's crazy to see in type like that...that's a freaking long time. lol

I think I can win for the shortest engagement. We met and dated for 4 months before he proposed... we knew straight away. When he proposed we were in Germany visiting his family. He proposed the first night in Germany before meeting his family... he says he wanted to seal the deal before I met his family and changed my mind. lol...

We planned on marrying within a year after the engagement, but so much happened... we bought a house and completely renovated it, I quit my job as a Flight Attendant to go back to school, and we've just been so busy. We'll be together now for 4 years by the time we get married.

Me and Omar have been together for 8 years this June. And we're finally getting married. Not that we didn't earlier but I was still in College and we wanted to be financially ready to do it, so we are now.....I'm so excited.....:)

technically, we were together for 8 months before he proposed. however, we were best friends in grad school since 2005, and started casually seeing each other as more than friends but not quite boyfriend/girlfriend status in the fall of 2006, because i was still seeing someone else who i just didnt have the balls to break up with. finally my FI was so wonderful and i saw the light haha. he asked me to move in last may and proposed in november 07.