Photo

I let go of my wedding party...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#11 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

I bet some of them will come around and feel like jerks for their complaining.

#12 nenamono

nenamono
    • 282 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

Sorry to hear about all of the drama they gave you but you made the right decision. You certainly dont need the stress. You will have a lovely wedding with or without them by your side b/c its about you and your FI.
      What gets me is why all the childish comments why cant people just be adults and bring you to the side and say "you know after much thought while Im honored to be asked to be in your wedding party I didnt realize the expense of travelling plus the additional expense of being a part of your wedding party........" but things usually never work out that way.

#13 angitalia23

angitalia23
      • 1,029 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

You did the right thing and I know it does hurt to think that $$ would become an issue. My cousin who I actually asked a year and several months before our wedding did this, sluckily she was one of 6 BM but she also made the comment to my sister that we were not "helping" with her airfaire. I basically told her it was fine and she was not at all obligated to stand up if financial reasons were going to come into effect. Seriously you did the right thing and it was your initial feelings so just concentrate on you, FI & the planning right now.
        Anthony & Angela
        19 June 2008

#14 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

I didn't want a wedding party fi did but I did convince him to keep it small 2 bm and 2 gm. they are all immediate family because family is dependable. Most of our friends that were supposed to attend the wedding flaked on us including Derek's bestman (his dad is his new bestman).
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#15 ticia277

ticia277
          • 212 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:44 PM

Hey Kendra. I'm sorry to hear that you will let go your bridal party. But, you know something, I too went through this and guess what? It's worked out for the best. I started out with 3 BM and FI's BM. We now have his BM & my MOH. Sadly, but fortunately, I lost what I 'thought' was a true friendhsip through this wedding planning. But I am better because I know who my TRUE friends are. Anyway, having a small or no bridal party is not bad at all. The focus should be on you and your FI. Good luck.
            Loving Married Life!

#16 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:47 PM

This stinks for now but it's better for you in the long run. This is your day - eliminate as much stress as possible. Let us know if we can help and pick up the slack!

#17 Saraha

Saraha
              • 2,597 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Less stressful the better. I say do whatever you wanna do its your day, if they are your friends they will understand.

#18 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:32 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LadyCheese
                  We too are having a few problems with the groomsmen, I wish we would've picked a smaller wedding party (but this is FIs fault).
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amyh
                  Kendra, good for you. It really is exhausting coordinating a wedding party. Most of our GM haven't booked their trip, oh well, their loss!
                  What is it with groomsmen? Some of ours booked like a month or less before the wedding even though we gave them 8 months and a payment plan option....I do not miss that element of the planning. Good luck everyone :)

#19 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:40 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by starchild
                    What is it with groomsmen? Some of ours booked like a month or less before the wedding even though we gave them 8 months and a payment plan option....I do not miss that element of the planning. Good luck everyone :)
                    Yeah, and they keep hinting that they are taking FI to Miami for his Bach.. umm sure, you better book your trip to PV first!

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:52 AM

Omg mine were talking about taking DH to Rosarito which is a short drive, but I was like if you are going to pay for a hotel in Mexico it better be PV where the wedding is...dorks! I'm sure it will work out but it stinks & I sympathize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users