Photo

I let go of my wedding party...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Golden

Golden
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

Last week, I posted a thread about my bm's and attire. Well not only are the bm's giving my problems, the best man is acting a butt. Seem to be that the wedding party have issues with the airfare, because it's $$. They make smart comments as if I don't have to pay for a airline ticket. So FI and decided to let the wedding party go. At this point I don't need them to feel obligated to attend because we asked them. It's not worth disolving a friendship over a $$ airline ticket. I gave everyone enough time to prepare their $ for the money. It's heartbreaking to me and fi that the wedding party and other guest make comments about things I have no control. Of course this will come as a shock to them, but less stress for me.

#2 LadyP

LadyP
    • 3,156 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

Kendra Im sorry that you are dealing with this nonsense. Are you guy ok? I hope they come around

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

I decided not to have a wedding party just to avoid any potential stress. I'm so glad I did. It's so much easier to only have to worry about yourself.

#4 Golden

Golden
        • 354 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

My 1st thought was not doing a wedding party, always go with your 1st thought. So far we are ok, just not something I thought would happen
          4 months away from the wedding

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

Good for you! You don't need any extra drama and if that's what the party has become I say you made the right choice :)

#6 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
            • 1,830 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by starchild
              Good for you! You don't need any extra drama and if that's what the party has become I say you made the right choice :)
              I agree with Starchild...if they were adding all that extra stress you dont need, then you both made the right decisions. We too are having a few problems with the groomsmen, I wish we would've picked a smaller wedding party (but this is FIs fault). Best of luck to you; your wedding day will be memorable and special with or without them!

#7 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

Kendra, good for you. It really is exhausting coordinating a wedding party. Most of our GM haven't booked their trip, oh well, their loss!

#8 Bride010101

Bride010101
                • 1,547 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

Sounds like a good plan! Unfortunatley we also asked our group (4 per side) before we really thought about it and now I'm wishing we could downsize for simplicity reasons. I'm already waiting the $ comments once they start having to start paying.

#9 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                  • 2,183 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Kendra, I'm glad your are standing your ground and speaking your mind. The wedding is only about you and your FI and that's what's important.

#10 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                    • 1,266 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:19 PM

I say YEA! to less issues! Dont worry about it. I would just wait to see who books and then ask someone to stand in.... Its a destination wedding and we arent suppose to get stressed out... yeah right!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users