TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coope08
Thanks again. You all have been really helpful! OK - so we are going to start to look at Cancun/MR as well now. I was searching airfares and getting to Los Cabos from both Raleigh and Detroit (where most of our family will be coming from) is a little tough. Not to mention my mom is now threatening not to come if she can't fly direct

Does anyone have any suggestions for the MR/Cancun area? We won't have any kids so we are open to both kid friendly and Adult only resorts. Also, we are open to both AI and EP resorts since we have not narrowed anything down yet.

Lastly, how do you earn points? I keep trying to open attachments and I get a note telling my I don't have enough points
there are sooooo many palces to get married in RM...what is your per night budget?

i will donate some pts to you!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:11 AM

I haven't had an issue with points, but I have only been on the site for an hour. What are they for and how do you earn them?
    http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

#13 REBECCA

REBECCA
    • VIP Member
    • 1,825 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:40 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by coope08
      New to the forum!!! Love it so far!!!

We are just starting the planning process and have narrowed down a time frame (Oct or Nov of 200. We want to keep the wedding small so a destination wedding seemed perfect. We are thinking Los Cabos. Can anyone disclose what their budgets were for this area? We are counting on around 35 people...

Thanks!!!
      Hi there,
      Welcome! My budget WAS 13K for 60 people. We ended up paying 19K for 60 people. This includes rings, dress, honeymoon....EVERYTHING wedding...

We got married at Dreams. Having it at an AI really saved us money. Our group are BIG drinkers nad they all got their money's worth!
      Rebecca
      <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
      Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#14 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
      • 56 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

I think that maybe I'm being naive, but how did 19K add up?
        http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

#15 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

I'm getting married in a non AI resort at Cancun.. I did this because I'm sure my guest wouldn't stay at AI 'cause it's expensive...

Let me know if I can help you out with something..

#16 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

There are so many great resorts to pick from in the RM Cancun area.

Dreams resorts (super popular for weddings)
            RIU resorts
            Occidental resorsts
            Iberostar resorts

There are a ton more but these would be the best bet if you wanted to keep it under 20k, these resorts are also AI.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#17 coope08

coope08
            • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the points!!!

I don't have a per person number in mind. Just the overall number of $20K or less. Are there any hotels/resorts in the MR/Cancun area that allow bondfires? We want to do a welcome party with a bondfire...

Thanks Again ~ Courtney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users