Hello Everybody!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 coope08

coope08
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

New to the forum!!! Love it so far!!!

We are just starting the planning process and have narrowed down a time frame (Oct or Nov of 200. We want to keep the wedding small so a destination wedding seemed perfect. We are thinking Los Cabos. Can anyone disclose what their budgets were for this area? We are counting on around 35 people...

Thanks!!!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

Hi there, welcome! There are so many Cabo brides on this forum, you will probably get more info. than you ever needed! I know there are a few threads on budget on here, let me see if I can find them ...

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:41 PM

Ok, here are a few of them ... these should make for some great reading! Enjoy!

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1788
        http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t933
        http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1495

#4 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

There are so many cabo brides (myself included) that you will find a ton of information. You said you want about 35 people. Does this include children? Do you want an all inclusive or not? These are some things to think about. Once you narrow it down to an AI or a non-AI and decide whether or not you will have children at your wedding, it will be easier for us to recommend places. But for now I would start looking at some of these:

1. Dreams
          2. RIU Palace
          3. Sheraton
          4. Hilton

These are just a few to get you started. Let us know how we can help.

-Glenda

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:43 PM

Hello and welcome. I'm a soon to be Cabo bride as well. (along with MANY) others. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

#6 coope08

coope08
            • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

Thanks Everyone!!!

I am going to go through the budget threads here in just a second. I definitely want to keep it under $20K but even more would be great!!! No - no kids. I have a cousin that has two little ones but that would be it (if they came). What is the best route (AI or non-AI) if we wanted to host a Welcome dinner and potentially a Sunday brunch. Oh - and our dates did not come through up there. We are looking at Oct/Nov of 2008. We are really mostly interested in the food. I could really careless about flowers, etc. I just want to make sure the site is amazing and the food is great!!!

Thanks Again ~ Courtney

#7 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

Hi Courtney -- if you want something kinda small and very chill look into the Cabo Surf Hotel. We hosted a wedding for 57 people there and I came in under my $20K budget (including travel and hotel for 6 ppl/3 nights, not including welcome dinner)

It's different than some of the big resorts but we LOOOOOVED it. Cabo Surf Hotel, beach resort, boutique hotel in Los Cabos with surfing, Baja diving and Cabo golf. and I'm always on here if you are interested and have questions!

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:43 PM

if you are on a tight budget and would like to host a welcome dinner and brunch then AI is the way to go...

we had a welcome dinner
                ceremony/reception
                brunch with newlyweds and it was pretty inexpensive.

i spent $14,000 for almost 60 people.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:08 PM

welcome, let us know if you need anything!!!
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 coope08

coope08
                • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:10 AM

Thanks again. You all have been really helpful! OK - so we are going to start to look at Cancun/MR as well now. I was searching airfares and getting to Los Cabos from both Raleigh and Detroit (where most of our family will be coming from) is a little tough. Not to mention my mom is now threatening not to come if she can't fly direct

Does anyone have any suggestions for the MR/Cancun area? We won't have any kids so we are open to both kid friendly and Adult only resorts. Also, we are open to both AI and EP resorts since we have not narrowed anything down yet.

Lastly, how do you earn points? I keep trying to open attachments and I get a note telling my I don't have enough points

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users