Photo

Music Crisis!!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AmyFled

AmyFled
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hey everybody, I am trying to get all my songs together to burn to CD's for my recepetion. BUT, for some reason limewire and bearshare aren't working anymore on my computer, SO I haven't been able to get most of them and time is really ticking!!! What are some good sources that you are using to get your music other than LW and BS? I need to get this stuff finished and we leave in less than a week!! any suggestions?

THANKS!

#2 Mandy

Mandy
    • 514 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:04 PM

Do you have a PC or Mac?

#3 Saraha

Saraha
      • 2,597 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

I Tunes, although that does cost money!

#4 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

iTunes would be your most reliable source. We have the same wedding date!

#5 AmyFled

AmyFled
          • 100 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

PC

Sodria--- that's awesome! Are you finished with everything yet

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

I would say iTunes too. It will be costly .99cents per song, but you are guaranteed to get it down quickly and hassle free.

#7 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

I agree, iTunes.
                I also used a lot of my own CDs for music in Spanish and 80s music.
                Can you ask some friends to look through their CD collections?

#8 LeXiee

LeXiee
                • 286 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sodria
                  iTunes would be your most reliable source. We have the same wedding date!
                  When you download from iTunes.. and burn the songs on CD... if at the customs they see you have CDs with songs... does iTunes provide you with some sort of proof of purchase Or do the customs not bother with that?

#9 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LeXiee
                    When you download from iTunes.. and burn the songs on CD... if at the customs they see you have CDs with songs... does iTunes provide you with some sort of proof of purchase Or do the customs not bother with that?
                    Hmm I never even thought of that being an issue. I think they would only make a stink about it if you had hundreds of CD's in your luggage. But if your only carrying a handful they are for personal use so I don't see why that would be a problem.

#10 LeXiee

LeXiee
                    • 286 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                      Hmm I never even thought of that being an issue. I think they would only make a stink about it if you had hundreds of CD's in your luggage. But if your only carrying a handful they are for personal use so I don't see why that would be a problem.
                      Thanks a lot :) I was going to buy a speaker system for my sister's IPOD.. but the good ones are like $300!!! And I figured my mini boom box I have that plays CDs is perfect and probably weighs a little less then the big docking systems for the IPODs. I will have to work on getting songs now :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users