Photo

Please stop my restless legs!!!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
  • 933 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

I have searched for any thread on this and only saw several mentions in the thread about Morgan's short leg. Does anyone have any remedies for my legs that are constantly feeling creepy? The perfect way for me to describe it is my legs feel anxious. I know that that sounds stupid but that is how it feels. My doc said I should just take benadryl. Okay, that is all well and good but I cannot stay awake when I take benadryl! So, any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    this is how my legs feel
    My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amandalovesryan
      I have searched for any thread on this and only saw several mentions in the thread about Morgan's short leg. Does anyone have any remedies for my legs that are constantly feeling creepy? The perfect way for me to describe it is my legs feel anxious. I know that that sounds stupid but that is how it feels. My doc said I should just take benadryl. Okay, that is all well and good but I cannot stay awake when I take benadryl! So, any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
      this is how my legs feel

This makes me laugh! Oh, my poor short leg.

The RLS medication has weird & funny side effects (increased gambling/ sexual addiction). For me, my legs only get that restless feeling when I'm really tired or have been sitting too long. Do you have to sit a lot at work? Maybe you could get up & walk around once an hour. Do your legs feel like this all the time?

#3 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
      • 933 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:30 AM

they feel like this a lot. i am a nurse so i am pretty much standing for 12 hours but i only work on weekends!

#4 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
        • 933 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

p.s. how is the short leg? did you get 'er fixed?

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:41 AM

Quote:
            p.s. how is the short leg? did you get 'er fixed?
            It was a functional short leg. My hips are not lined up. I'm doing physical therapy to strengthen my hips & I learned some good stretches. I lift weights and work the large leg muscles, but these supporting muscles are weak. So now I'm working out with resistance bands which gives the little muscles a turn.

It probably is all the standing that gives you such bad RLS. Could different shoes help? I've seen some doctors & nurses in crazy shoes they say help them stand all day.

Oh the other thing I need to do is get some really good arch supports. I haven't done it yet.

#6 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
            • 933 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

i prob should change shoes. Right now I wear crocs which are comfy but prob not supportive.

i am glad that your leg is feeling better. i have that happen every so often and my chiropractor realigns me. I really notice it if I am doing a lot of walking, like when we were in Paris, then my hips were killing me!

#7 MelissaH

MelissaH
              • 1,724 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:05 AM

My legs used to get like that when I was on anti-depressants...they just felt like they always wanted to move and while I was trying to sleep it wasn't very comfortable.

I used to take hot baths before bed and that seemed to help a bit.

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

Quote:
                  i prob should change shoes. Right now I wear crocs which are comfy but prob not supportive.

i am glad that your leg is feeling better. i have that happen every so often and my chiropractor realigns me. I really notice it if I am doing a lot of walking, like when we were in Paris, then my hips were killing me!
                  Did you take your siggy pic? It's such a great picture. My hip hurt a lot when we were in paris too. So much walking.

#9 Leia78

Leia78
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,459 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:26 PM

Quote:

maybe some clogs or really good walking shoes w/ support. How about compression stockings and/or inserts?

#10 MissyR

MissyR
                    • 1,210 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

When I was in my early 20's RLS was a huge issue for me - What worked for me was increasing my exercise - making sure I was getting enough iron (since anemia is one of the causes!) and getting enough sleep!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users